Thread: The Effectiveness of Mike Dunleavy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post The Effectiveness of Mike Dunleavy

The other rotation decision to keep an eye on is in Indiana, where Mike Dunleavy is healthy again and theoretically prepared to reclaim his starting spot from Paul George. Pacers’ coach Frank Vogel is sticking by George, and it really won’t make any difference, since the Bulls are going to whoop the Pacers regardless. Still: The debate, such as it exists, does bring up a couple of bits of trivia. First: The Pacers have played much better with Dunleavy on the floor this season than they have with either George or Brandon Rush at shooting guard, and it’s not close. Indiana’s current starting lineup — Darren Collison/George/Danny Granger/Tyler Hansbrough/Roy Hibbert — has been outscored by about 10 points per 100 possessions, according to Basketball Value. The margin stays just as bad if you substitute Rush for George. But in 152 minutes with Dunleavy at the 2-guard spot, that lineup is +4 per 100 possessions.
    Read more of the original article: http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011...ion-decisions/

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Effectiveness of Mike Dunleavy

Sorry to derail your topic, but I seriously hope Vogel prints out all the crap like this:

it really won’t make any difference, since the Bulls are going to whoop the Pacers regardless
    ...and hangs it in the locker room. Beats it in the players' heads.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I contemplated editing that out of the article, but I wanted to present it accurately. Frankly, it is bull - no pun intended.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I contemplated editing that out of the article, but I wanted to present it accurately. Frankly, it is bull - no pun intended.

You also edited out this:

Even more interesting: Indiana’s original starting lineup, which featured Dunleavy at shooting guard and McRoberts at power forward instead of Hansbrough, was among the very best lineups in the league before Dunleavy’s injury broke it up. In 440 minutes together, that group outscored opponents by about 14 points per 100 possessions — a monster number. Of the 50 lineups that have logged at least 225 minutes together, only four have put up better scoring margins: the Lakers’ starting lineup, an old Mavericks starting lineup that included Caron Butler, and the two Boston line-ups that feature the Celtics’ four core starters playing with either Glen Davis or Shaquille O’Neal. The Pacers’ group doesn’t fare quite as well in Basketball Value’s adjusted plus/minus system, which takes into account the quality of opposing lineups, but it’s still very good by that measure.

Which is essentially what I've been trying to say for the last month.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I would like to go back to that line up for the playoffs. Tyler, George, and AJ together on the bench can kill back ups. Bulls also aren't going to be able to exploit Dunleavy defensively with Bogans and Korver.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would agree that the lineup with Dunleavy is the way to go. However, if we don't use that lineup for a couple games prior to the playoffs, I wouldn't switch up the lineup just for the playoffs.