Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger "with Chicago we think we have a shot to win the series"

Banned

Default Danny Granger "with Chicago we think we have a shot to win the series"

Danny was on NBA tv last night after the game and he said that he rather play Chicago than Boston because "with Chicago we think he have a shot to win the series" what do you guys think?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger "with Chicago we think we have a shot to win the series"

I guess my thinking with Chicago is that, some of these guys aren't the most playoff tested group. At least when compared to Boston. So I can kind of dig that. Who knows. Might as well roll our dice though and see what happens.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: Danny Granger "with Chicago we think we have a shot to win the series"

File that under things that are better left unsaid. I absolutely hope they believe that (actually they need to believe that if they are playing the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, or anyone else) but there's no need to say it.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Reggie4Three For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Oh hell yes. I'm going to make my official prediction now: Pacers in 6 in a stunning upset!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie4Three View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    File that under things that are better left unsaid. I absolutely hope they believe that (actually they need to believe that if they are playing the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, or anyone else) but there's no need to say it.
    Is it up on the Bulls bulletin board yet? I mean, I know players shouldn't need motivation yada yada yada, but why even say that.

Not the end of the world, but you called it, better left unsaid.

I hope that is the teams mindset. Better than him saying, we'll probably lose. Already purchased my tickets!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think anyone would deny the Pacers have a shot, regardless of how small it is.

However, if the Bulls play well every game, it would take the Pacers playing 4 of their best games of the season to win the series. Either that, or the Bulls playing some of their worst ball of the season in a couple of the games.

But, if small likehood things like this never occurred, why would someone ever have dreamed up the bumper sticker "***** HAPPENS"?

Just for the simple reason that we are young and inconsistent, it is not likely to happen.

Mood

lol Danny has always been a realist, atleast he is speaking the truth.

I'm a firm believer in that once you accomplish one goal, you need to immediately set another one. Our goal right now should be, win 1 game in the playoffs. Then keep moving it forward.

Win a game, be competitive, make some noise, don't get blown out.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

If our "small three" (Danny,DC and Roy) decided to play like they have some cojones in the playoffs I think we could have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie4Three View Post
    Meh, if Chicago needed that as motivation, then we DID/DO have a shot at beating them.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

"Have a shot" isn't exactly the words I would use to put down a team. Therefore, I don't consider this B-board material.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Granger should take a break from all media engagements the rest of the year.

I don't want my team's "captain" thinking there is no way they can beat Boston or Miami.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

If Chicago honestly gets worked up about this, then they have some major issues. I don't think they'll even see it. And if I had to guess Granger would have said something similar when questioned about any of the teams. What do you want him to say, "Well, we really expect Chicago to just bend us over and have their way with us. We're just happy to have that opportunity really."

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    If Chicago honestly gets worked up about this, then they have some major issues. I don't think they'll even see it. And if I had to guess Granger would have said something similar when questioned about any of the teams. What do you want him to say, "Well, we really expect Chicago to just bend us over and have their way with us. We're just happy to have that opportunity really."
    That wasn't Danny's quote, that was from Lance.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

I don't care. I just want to see us play

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:

Banned

I think we need to discuss how we match up againts Chicago,

Rose>> DC

Keith Bogans< PG

Deng= Danny

Boozer >> Tyler

Noah = Roy

Bench:

Watson= AJ

Brewer= Rush

Korver= Dunleavy

Gibson = Josh

Omer<< Foster

So as we can see The Bulls are way better than us at PG and PF but after that the match up is pretty close.

My prediction for the series.

Game 1 loss
    Game 2 loss
    Game 3 loss
    Game 4 win
    Game 5 loss
    Here we come lottery?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Rose>> DC

Keith Bogans< PG

Deng= Danny

Boozer >> Tyler

Noah = Roy

Bench:

Watson= AJ

Brewer= Rush

Korver= Dunleavy

Gibson = Josh

Omer<< Foster

So as we can see The Bulls are way better than us at PG and PF but after that the match up is pretty close.
    On defense I say we start PG on Rose. He'd certainly do a much better job that DC.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Banned

If the Pacers were a decent team capable of winning a playoff series in the Eastern Conference they would have a better seed than 8th.

Rose>> DC

Keith Bogans< PG

Deng= Danny

Boozer >> Tyler

Noah = Roy

Bench:

Watson= AJ

Brewer= Rush

Korver= Dunleavy

Gibson = Josh

Omer<< Foster

Noah's better than Hibbert, with all due respect to Roy. It's going to be a tough series for Roy.

Unless we get Gary Payton in his prime to defend Rose and Reggie to come out of retirement to nail every clutch 3 for us this shot is basically non-existent. But of course any other attitude would be unacceptable. Having confidence to beat them is a big mental hurdle cleared.

Taking the Celtics five. michealwilliams4's Avatar

We're upset that Granger said this?

Why are not upset that Rose said he wanted to see us in the playoffs after our last win?

Have some pride! This team's on the same stage, and #8s have shocked #1s before. Besides, it's not like this Bulls team has actually won anything. Why shy away and tell Granger to keep his mouth shut for what's expected to be a four game sweep? Any fight the Pacers show will force the Bulls and the media's hand to prove we belonged.

I'd hope everyone on this team say we can beat the Bulls. What have we got to lose?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michealwilliams4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    If the Pacers were a decent team capable of winning a playoff series in the Eastern Conference they would have a better seed than 8th.
    so you trolling or what?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Danny was on NBA tv last night after the game and he said that he rather play Chicago than Boston because "with Chicago we think he have a shot to win the series" what do you guys think?
    I couldn't find the above quote when searching for it so forgive me, but I'm probably arguing semantics. What I did find was this quote from Danny on NBA TV:

"Fortunately, honestly, we'd rather play Chicago than Boston. Boston, with a veteran team, knows how to win in the playoffs."
    -Danny Granger
    That actually seems a little MORE inflammatory to me. The quote vnzla81 posted just seems to exude confidence in the team going into the playoffs. The one I quoted very strongly infers that Chicago does NOT know how to win in the playoffs.