Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Playoff Tickets Thread

Default Re: The Playoff Tickets Thread

I'm trying my best to get there. I go to Mizzou so it'll be about a 6 hour drive each way. Can't buy tickets because I'm not an Indiana resident. Can't ask my parents to buy them for me pre-sale because I don't want them to know I'll be missing class. Conundrum, conundrum....it'll be my first playoff game since Reggie's last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I just purchased the majority of seats in my row for the playoff run. Now only one d@mn Bulls fan can sit in our row.

But somehow I'll still end up with them behind me.
    Yeah man it sucks.

I mean you can't really say their bandwagon fans because they probably rode that Jordan bandwagon and just stayed on it.

I WANT A HOME COURT PLAYOFF ADVANTAGE!

I don't think it's going to be too infested with those Bull****s. Local Hoosiers will be coming out and packing the place so I'm not worried about sitting with those dirtbags from Chicago. I mean it's the playoffs and pretty much every sports fan here has been waiting for this moment since 2006.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    I mean you can't really say their bandwagon fans because they probably rode that Jordan bandwagon and just stayed on it.
    Funny how they didn't show up until they got Rose, though...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I got my tickets for the first two games today, and wow what happened to the ticket prices. $108 per ticket for lower level corner seats, that seems a little pricey.

The person who was in line in front of me at Conseco asked the guy how availability was, the guy said, "yes a lot, plenty in all price ranges"

With the prices and what the guy said and the way he said it, there are a ton of tickets left. I fear an invasion of the Bulls fans

Hopefully I'll get to use more than a couple of them......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    Hopefully I'll get to use more than a couple of them......
    Thatís better than a bouquet of roses.

Well at least to me it is anyway, my wife on the other hand....

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Has the dates been established for Game 3 and 4 yet?

In a remote region of my brain....I'm pondering flying from the SF Bay Area to Indy JUST to see my 1st Playoff game in person.....but it's more wishful thinking then anything.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Game 4, Section 7- I'll be there.

Let's pack the fieldhouse with blue and gold!

Damn playoffs. I spent so much going to games during the season and the thought of putting back some for the playoffs never really crossed my mind. Now I'm sitting here contemplating how to convince myself that I can afford to spend $200 even though I already know I can't afford it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

So...when will we know the exact dates of the games?

If I am to ... in any way....plan to go to the games...I need to know when to book the flights.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

I don't think it's set yet, but it seems like the 1st game will be in Chicago this coming Saturday. Someone smarter than me could guess the rest from there probably.

If it makes you guys feel better, I'm a Chicago resident and I'll be going to the games in Chicago. If you don't hear from me after next week, assumed that I was killed in a fan-related backlash.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    So...when will we know the exact dates of the games?

If I am to ... in any way....plan to go to the games...I need to know when to book the flights.

Wednesday night after all the eastern conference playoff teams have finished their games. That is the latest we will know.

The NBA does a great job in getting the information out as soon as they can. So be watching NBATV Wednesday night or at least the pacers broadcast. or really this forum will have the info.

Keep in mind though games #3 and #4 are going to be Thursday 4/22 - 4/25) - Monday. I realize that is 5 days, but that much we know.

There will be 3 game 3's Thursday night. 3 game 3's Friday night and then 2 game 3's Saturday. If the pacers happen to play a game #3 on that Saturday then we know game #4 will be Monday night.

I know you want more than that, but that is all we know

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Wednesday night after all the eastern conference playoff teams have finished their games. That is the latest we will know.

The NBA does a great job in getting the information out as soon as they can. So be watching NBATV Wednesday night or at least the pacers broadcast. or really this forum will have the info.

Keep in mind though games #3 and #4 are going to be Thursday 4/22 - 4/25) - Monday. I realize that is 5 days, but that much we know.

There will be 3 game 3's Thursday night. 3 game 3's Friday night and then 2 game 3's Saturday. If the pacers happen to play a game #3 on that Saturday then we know game #4 will be Monday night.

Thanks.....I guess for me....being out of state and all....IF I were planning to actually come to Indy to watch the game....then it's harder for me to plan anything in relation to any trip to go see the Pacers play in the Playoffs.

But after thinking about it....it would be better for me to save the $$$ for next year...or the year after...WHEN AND IF we improve enough where we will be a 2nd round Playoff Team ( a la the Bulls ) as opposed to a "single return to the Playoffs and then back to Lottery-Land" team ( like the Warriors were and the Wizards were a few years back ).

OK, we have the schedule for the NHL Blackhawks playoff series and it prety much guarantees the first game of the Pacers vs Bulls series will be Saturday as I figured.

Blackhawks play at home Sunday night 8:00. Which is 7 PM Chicago time. The early NBA game on that day is set for 12:30 Eastern time which would be 11:30 in Chicago, and the NBA always says they will not start an NBA game before noon local time on Sundays.

Then consider the Boston Bruins are set to play a home game Saturday at 5:00, so that means the Celtics cannot play Saturday, they will play Sunday.

So I am positive the first Pacers vs Bulls game will be Saturday.

So game 2 will either be Monday or Tuesday which puts our series on the earier track and I'm expecting the pacers first home game to probably be Thursday, although certainly Friday is possible, but no way it will be Saturday, so that means game #4 will not be Monday.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-11-2011 at 01:36 PM.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Excellent detective work, Buck.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Considering that puts game 4 on Saturday the 23rd, which is where Murphy's Law said it would be, I agree with this analysis.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I got my tickets today! Anyone else sitting in section 210 ?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    If the pacers happen to play a game #3 on that Saturday then we know Seth will literally lose his s*** and go on a murderous rampage killing someone, something or someplace (if that's possible, it's hard to say at this point).

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    but no way it will be Saturday,
    I swear to god if you F me on this I'll make you that "someplace", don't think that can't happen.

This isn't admissible, right?
    It's row 5 section 4 which is behind the Pacers bench. I think that gets me a free pass from most Indy juries.

Also a person should not be able to buy a seat in that spot this late in the game straight from TM. That's pathetic, no matter how bad the team has been in recent years. If my rep had helped or something then okay, but this is just on the Indy pre-sell window.

Anyway I heard the mention of a definite SAT start elsewhere and hoped that they were leaking dates for the known Indy-Chicago pairing. Arghh!
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 04-11-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Naturally I work 4-11 next Saturday. My first ever playoff game I will not get to watch live, if even on TV.

The final kicker is my cable service has been mediocre at best, and sometimes channels don't show up, usually ABC/CBS/NBC. So there's a chance I may not only miss it live, but not be able to record it.

Hopefully FSN will also get all 4+ games; that channel has rarely if ever temporarily dropped.

Yay for Comcast....

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    ... It's row 5 section 4 which is behind the Pacers bench. I think that gets me a free pass from most Indy juries.
    haha, I am feeling your pain. That is a super seat for the playoffs, maybe hard to get ever again for the price. I checked tonight and there are some sweet single & double LLs still available... one single in 2nd row just right of and behind basket... one mid LL center court, etc.

I would be all over one of those if it weren't for my allegiance to Area 55. I love going with friends, but if I can get a WAY better seat by myself, I'm making friends with the people around me! ha (probably easier in playoffs, too.)

We'll be sitting in our usual seats in section 4.

To those still waiting on a ticket, I suggest getting them within the next few days.

Based on what I heard when I picked up mine, there's still a good couple of thousand left in all the levels.

I'm glad there won't be too many Bull****s there based on what I've heard.

I don't know if they will have t-shirts on the seats and make the place look like a sea of white or gold or something.

That's always really cool when the whole crowd is wearing the same colored shirts.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 04-11-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a friend thats coming down form northern Indiana hes a huge bulls fan. Im gonna try to get some tickets for game 3 if their not too high (gotta watch my budget) Its awesome seeing the Blue and Gold back in the playoffs.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

El P - I lived my life as a SS guy when I discovered the quality of seats you could get for face back when the market value was actually higher. I had 2nd row for the first 3 rounds of the 2000 run (1 game each, sat balcony for the other so my wife could join) which seemed insane even at the time. Finals was in such demand that even going single seat only got me row 1 club, but still...

Sorry, but as you said if it comes down to sitting 2-3 rows away next to a stranger that you'll be high fiving anyway in about 40 minutes vs hanging with your buddy or spouse in row 8 of section 208 that's a no-brainer.

In this case I got a pair in that section which as I said makes it downright insulting. That's why I had to risk the game date, no way I could pass that up.

Jealous of those older Playoff seats, I was Club, but still as you're saying it was really good for playoff tickets.

We're probably in the minority in the willing-to-sit-by-yourself-for-great-seat mantra, but I lived by it most of last season and had great times and some great views.

Yeah, you can't pass up those seats regardless of date, and hopefully in a couple years you can't pass it up just on the resale value alone!