Thread: LeBron's mom has been arrested for misdemeanor assault

Default LeBron's mom has been arrested for misdemeanor assault

Perfect timing right before the postseason

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...assault-charge

EXCLUSIVE NEW DETAILS: LeBron James' Mother Gloria Arrested At Posh Miami Beach HotelEXCLUSIVE NEW DETAILS: LeBron James' Mother Gloria Arrested At Posh Miami Beach Hotel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted on Apr 07, 2011 @ 08:53AM print it send it
    WireimageLeBron James' mother Gloria is feeling the heat, but it has nothing to do with her superstar son's hoops career.

The mother of the NBA's most celebrated player was taken into custody at the posh Fontainebleau resort in Miami Beach around 4:57 am ET Thursday, police exclusively tell RadarOnline.com. A spokesperson for the Miami Beach Police Department tells us that James could be charged with simple battery, but the case is still under review.

PHOTOS: Celebs Love The LA Lakers

Gloria is at the police department right now, and could be issued a citation and released; at this time, we do not know any details as to what happened.

Gloria James, who was also arrested in Ohio in connection with drunken driving back in 2006, caused a minor stir last spring when rumors sprouted she'd been secretly dating her son's then-teammate, Delonte West.

PHOTOS: Sexiest Female Athletes

Meanwhile, LeBron James racked up 29 points in the Heat’s 90-85 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks Wednesday night in Miami.

Stay with RadarOnline.com for more on this story as it breaks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: LeBron's mom has been arrested for misdemeanor assault

If she was looking for Delonte West she was in the wrong city, that was her first mistake...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gloria James is such a classy lady.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Knew there was a West joke in there somewhere.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/07/cops-l...omments-anchor

Cops: LeBron's Mom -- 'Apparently Intoxicated'
    4/7/2011 8:07 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gloria James -- LeBron's mother -- was "apparently intoxicated" when she allegedly slapped a valet at a fancy Miami Beach hotel this morning ... this according to police.

The Miami Beach PD released a statement ... explaining, "Mr. Sorel Rockfeller, a hotel valet worker, claimed he was assaulted by Ms. James, who was angered because her car was taking too long to be delivered. Several witnesses supported Mr. Rockfeller’s account of what occurred."

The statement continues. "Both Ms. James and the driver of the vehicle were initially uncooperative with the investigating officer. Ms. James was apparently intoxicated as she had bloodshot eyes and a strong odor of alcohol on her breath."

"Ms. James was arrested and taken to the Miami Beach Police Department where she was processed, issued a Promise to Appear and subsequently released."

James was charged with simple battery and disorderly intoxication.

Sources tell us the valet sought medical attention after the incident -- but is expected to return to work.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/07/lebron...omments-anchor

LeBron's Mom -- Alleged Slap Victim Lawyering Up
    4/7/2011 8:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The valet attendant Gloria James allegedly assaulted early this morning is already meeting with a lawyer to discuss his legal options ... TMZ has learned.

As we previously reported -- LeBron James' mom was arrested for allegedly assaulting a valet at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami around 4:45 AM after a verbal altercation over the keys.

We're told the valet went straight to the hospital last night after the alleged incident occurred -- but it's unclear if he suffered any injuries.

Story developing...

Stole this from Twitter:

NotGaryBusey

LeBron James' mom was arrested for assault and used her one phone call on LeBron. THAT is the only ring he'll ever get in Miami.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

LeBron's Mom to Cop -- 'I Don't Trust Your Kind'
    4/7/2011 8:38 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

LeBron James' mother slapped a Miami Beach valet so hard in the face, she lost her balance and fell to the ground -- then told a police officer, "I don't trust your kind" ... this according to the police report.

The arresting officer says he tried to question 43-year-old Gloria James about the alleged incident at the scene early this morning ... but he got "no response just a stare." After a while, she eventually admitted to having a "minor verbal altercation" with the valet.

The cop says the valet explained that he retrieved James' car and put it on the valet ramp in front of the hotel while Gloria and a female driver stood around talking to people for 30 minutes. Finally, the valet says he turned the car off.

The valet says Gloria then approached him and stated, "Where are my f**king keys and continued yelling profanities at the victim."

The report explains, "Then for no apparent reason the arrestee struck the victim with an open had [sic] across the right side of his face and in the process causing herself to lose her balance and falling to the ground."

After Gloria was transported to a nearby police station, the report continues, a shift commander -- Lt. Acosta -- tried to speak with James who responded, "I'm trying to trust you but I don't trust your kind ... I don't trust that officer who arrested me."

Gloria then told police she "was not going to cooperate because she did nothing wrong."

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Wisest words of Lebron

"sit your *** down"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If my son had been responsible for The LeBrons, I'd be intoxicated all the time, too.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Can you say "ching ching"

I wish someones famous mom would slap me. I promise I would fold like Butler in the second half

Seriously though, it is a testament to LeBron that he is actually been a success and had no off court drama, with a "mother" like that
    Sittin on top of the world!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/07/gloria...omments-anchor

Valet -- LeBron's Mom HUMILIATED Me!
    4/7/2011 3:35 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

LeBron James' mother screamed the words, "Don't you know who I am?!" -- before slapping a parking valet this morning in Miami ... so says the "humiliated" valet himself.

Rockfeller Sorel surfaced in Miami earlier today -- where he told reporters he feels completely humiliated -- and vows to take legal action against the NBA star's mother, Gloria James ... saying, "I need justice."

LeBron on Mom's Arrest -- It's A 'Sensitive Subject'
    4/7/2011 1:28 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

LeBron James broke his silence after the Miami Heat's practice today -- calling his mother's arrest early this morning "a sensitive subject" ... and insisting it's "being taken care of."

LeBron told reporters, “You have to move forward ... It is my life and there’s certain things you have to deal with. You try not to let it be a distraction. I have a job to do, still.”

He continued, “It’s very sensitive because it’s your mother. Of course to have an incident, it’s very sensitive. But the people around me are helping me."

As we previously reported, LeBron's mom was arrested this morning for allegedly assaulting a parking valet outside a Miami hotel. She was processed and released.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As wussified as that sounds, if she is slapping around valets using the "do you know who I am" line, then frankly she deserves to lose some $$$.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If she was looking for Delonte West she was in the wrong city, that was her first mistake...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/10/lebron...iami-911-call/

LeBron's Mom -- Hear the 911 Call
    4/10/2011 6:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The 911 call made on the night LeBron James' mom allegedly slapped a valet was very calm and very relaxed ... but did identify the people involved as "two males." Whoops!

As we previously reported, Gloria James was busted early Thursday morning after an alleged altercation with a valet attendant at the Fountainbleau Hotel in Miaimi.

The man who called 911 described the incident by saying, "It's a battery. A valet parking runner was struck by a patron. It was a case of battery."

James was released that day and given a notice to appear in court.

LeBron's loud mom lies low

LeBron James hit the town in Miami with his crew this weekend but left his rowdy mother, Gloria, at home. James attended the Audemars Piguet party at Soho House on Saturday night with teammate Chris Bosh. After the Miami Heat crushed the Celtics on Sunday, he was expected to celebrate at LIV nightclub in the Fontainebleau, the hotel where Gloria allegedly slapped a valet attendant last week. His father figure, Eddie Jackson, an ex-boyfriend of Gloria, partied with James' posse. Noticeably missing from the revelers was Gloria, who's been lying low in Ohio since the debacle.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/lebr...#ixzz1JKMnpacA

Looks like the entire James family has entitlement issues.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/13/gloria...-beach-police/

LeBron's Mother -- The Valet SLAP FOOTAGE
    4/13/2011 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained security footage showing LeBron James' mother slapping a parking valet at a hotel in Miami Beach last week ... but the video shows Gloria James may NOT have made the first move.

During the encounter ... Gloria walks up to the valet, Rockfeller Sorel, and gets in his face over the parking situation. As Gloria verbally unloads, Rockfeller takes an advancing step towards Gloria and bumps her.

Gloria quickly recovers and unleashes the slap heard 'round the world with her left hand -- and then swings her purse at the guy's head with her right hand.

Sorel, clearly upset, takes several aggressive steps towards Gloria ... who then slips and falls while retreating.

Gloria gets off the ground and tries to go after the valet -- but several bystanders get in between the two and break it up.

Gloria was eventually arrested for battery and public intoxication -- and then, according to police, she started talking trash to one of the officers.

We called Gloria's Miami attorneys Christopher Lyons and Sandy Becher -- they declined to comment on the video or the matter at this time.

Meanwhile, the valet has made it very clear he intends to go after Gloria in court.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/13/gloria...omments-anchor

LeBron James Mom Sued by Valet in Slap Case
    4/13/2011 9:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

LeBron James' mother has been sued for battery in her showdown with a Miami Beach parking valet ... TMZ has learned.

Rockfeller Sorel claims in his lawsuit ... Gloria James had no right to strike him during the incident last week.

TMZ has obtained video of the incident, which shows Gloria striking Sorel, but only after he approaches and appears to touch her.