Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

  1. #1

    Default Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    This is coming from a guy who never was a Boston and Larry Bird fan growing up. I didn't start watching basketball until 1993, and that was because of field trips to MSA and my interest in playing the sport. I was 9. I look back at him now as an adult and realize he is one of the best players to ever step on the court.

    I've been one of the biggest Bird supporters since he joined us. This isn't an "I told you so" and an "eat your crow" thread, but let's give the man some props.

    Everyone knows what happened when the two headed monster existed, before we canned Walsh. Thankfully we finally got rid of the guy who almost took our franchise to glory, then, ran it in the ground. Nothing lasts forever. It was his time to go.

    Since Bird has taken over he has been the best GM in the NBA BY FAR! Anyone who can't see this at this point is really blind. Sure you can say Pat Riley, blah, blah, blah, but Larry took a deck of cards that were heavily stacked against him and is sitting at the finalist table.

    I said many years back that what Larry was assembling one of the best young cores in the NBA, if not the best.

    Trading a washed up JO for one of the most promising young centers in the game? Brilliant. The announcer who said Hibbert wasn't a true center should be fired. In my mind he is what defines a true center. He is the most promising young true center in the game. He doesn't go down there and foul someone every play like Howard, he does it with finesse and old school post movers and shooting. He has future All-Star written all over him. The hardest player to come by in the whole NBA is a true center that can stay healthy that has the potential to be a future All-Star

    Oh but what about Bayless for B Rush? Well considering we MUST re-sign a 23 old power forward we acuired from this deal on top of B Rush, I'd say we made out like thieves in the night. This is better than the JO trade we got from them in my book. JO was losing basketball, as his epic failure here proved.

    Trading Murphy for Collison? Steal of the year by far. Collison is the most promising young point gaurd we have ever had here in Indiana folks. People bash him, and even I lobbied for TJ Ford during the locker room meltdown, because TJ Ford was always a professional. Sookie gets it right on him and Price alot. I think she knows more about the PG position than any of the posters on this board. He is a second year player trying to leran the hardest position in the NBA under his fourth coach. Noone knows how high Collison's ceiling is, but if it 20/10 on a 50 win team, that is All-Star caliber.

    Any criticisms of Hansbrough should be laid to rest. I annointed him starter his rookie year and people called me nuts, but he was the steal of that draft for where we got him. Sure there may be a couple of better players ahead of him, but we got a lottery pick essentially in the teens because he had so many doubters. Another brilliant move by Bird. Can't discount getting Price in the second round either. He has proved he belongs in the NBA as a second unit point gaurd. How many point gaurds that year went ahead of him? Pretty good for where we got him.

    Paul George may be the steal of the decade. He has Kobe Bryant 2.0 written all over him. How did we get a number one pick at 10? I don't know. But anyone who doesn't think Paul George has top 3 pick talent must really not watch the NBA draft. Where was Dunleavy picked? George has by far the most talent on the team. I find it funny the night after the poster questioned him because Hayward scored 22 on Kobe, George put up 23 and may be the next Kobe lol. Okay maybe his ceiling isn't as high as Bryants, but he is the most talented the Pacers have ever had. I'm not crowning his *** and saying he is better than Reggie, but his ceiling is much higher.

    Is Lance Stephenson the biggest fan on the bench nowadays? Man I really think this kid has turned a corner since the locker room meltdown. It gives me the chills and puts a tear in my eye, but I think the vets have really embraced him. And we don't have a team full of thugs. We have hard working guys who keep their **** in order. He is the one player who has as much if not more talent than George on this team, and he is the biggest wildcard. What happens to our team one day if George and Stephenson both live up to their full potentials?

    Am I crazy to think a championship is more feasible with this young core than any we have ever had? I think Larry has assembled a future championship contender with a cool 25-30 mil in cap space.

    Name one GM who has done more with less and I'll laugh. There isn't one. Or name one close who has the cap space he has under the new CBA? Laughing all the way to the bank, Larry, all the way to the bank.

    His one mistake; keeping Jimmy too long. But that was Bird's reward for Jimmy taking a job no other experienced NBA head coach would take. Let's give Jimmy his due. He lit the fire under Hibbert's and Hansbrough's and McRoberts's and all the young guys butts. He made them work hard. Game day full contact practices. You could tell we were always wore out at the end of the games and how it hurt our stamina. But it made them stronger!!! Made them want to prove him wrong!

    But Bird completely redeemed himself by firing JOB at just the right time to promote one of the best young coaches in the NBA. We have to re-sign Vogel for next year! I am in love with this guy and what has done to bring Pacers basketball back. I said it before and I'll say it again, you don't ever let a guy like him walk. His work ethic is unmatched, and his belief in his players goes a long way.

    Playoffs baby!!! Boom Baby!!! Get your free kool-aid and and blue and yellow sunglasses while supplies last!!! Let's upset Chicago for Slick!!!!

    BOOOOOOM BAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 04-07-2011 at 05:02 AM.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    OK, this is going a tad too far. I doubt 3 years ago Larry's grand scheme was to secure the 8th seed in the east with a sub-.500 record.

    I think he's improved the roster a good deal since 2007, but let's be real here. Best GM in the NBA? Where's the green font?

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member The Rocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    111

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    lets be one of the best

  6. #4
    Protect the Promise. HOOPFANATIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Anderson
    Age
    50
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    I've been a Bird complainer, the OJ trade, the Murphleavy deal, JOB, but gotta give it up to him, he has put together a pretty decent squad and some nice cap room to play with.
    Protect the Promise!!!!

  7. #5

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Wow my post got cut off. I had some really good homer stuff in there. Kstat not meant to be green. When you think of young talent, you think of the Pacers. When you think of the Pistons, you think of a veteran trash fire. No offense. They are really that bad. Reminds me of the dark years around here.

  8. #6
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    .....and if I mentioned the Pistons, that would be relevant.....

    I'm fairly certain that outside of Indy, Indiana is not the team that comes to mind when you think "young talent."There's young talent there, but teams like OKC, LAC and Chicago are the generally regarded teams of the future.

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  10. #7

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....and if I mentioned the Pistons, that would be relevant.....

    I'm fairly certain that outside of Indy, Indiana is not the team that comes to mind when you think "young talent."There's young talent there, but teams like OKC, LAC and Chicago are the generally regarded teams of the future.
    I'm pretty sure outside of distant Pacers fans, the Pacers are probably never even thought of outside of Indy. You think anybody would have ever considered the Pacers in Reggie's first playoffs a future team capable of taking MJ to a game 7 in his championship run?

    You named LA, Chicago, and Kevin Durant, who I think is the best player in the NBA. Of course they are considered teams of the future. Mark my words, the Clippers will never go anywhere. I'd like them alot more if they just moved to Seattle.

    Honestly I don't know how to feel about D Rose and Chicago. I just don't see championship for sure in their future. At least I hope not. Nothing would sicken me more than seeing Boston LA or the Chicago winning another championship before a franchise more deserving. Sure odds are one of those teams wins one before the Pacers do, but I can hope can't I?
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 04-07-2011 at 05:30 AM.

  11. #8

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, this is going a tad too far. I doubt 3 years ago Larry's grand scheme was to secure the 8th seed in the east with a sub-.500 record.

    I think he's improved the roster a good deal since 2007, but let's be real here. Best GM in the NBA? Where's the green font?
    I look to Vogels 19-16 record and nothing else this year. Whatever JOB did, was irrelevant. Vogel turned the ship around mid season, survived a locker room meltdown/6 game losing streak/lost 8 of 9, and beat the Knicks twice and Boston and Chicago after that.

    19-16 is the record that got us here and anything before that should not be applied to this team. It's not like Vogel is just doing what Jimmy did but we are getting lucky and winning. He literally shook this team up, gave us fans what we wanted, played the young guys, preached a smashmouth get to the rim style, and started winning. Sure there were growing pains but he took us to the promised land.

    Larry's 3 year plan was to get us to to the playoffs in said third. Sure he had to fire Jimmy and promote Frank to do it, but he did it, so a win is a win. He also has more cap space than any team in the league and a young team that will compete for a championship in the future without having to blow that cap space on anyone other than draft picks or re-signing our guys.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 04-07-2011 at 05:57 AM.

  12. #9

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Midcoasted-

    Don't listen to the naysayers. It's ok to be delusional when
    you're still under 30 !

  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is coming from a guy who never was a Boston and Larry Bird fan growing up. I didn't start watching basketball until 1993, and that was because of field trips to MSA and my interest in playing the sport. I was 9. I look back at him now as an adult and realize he is one of the best players to ever step on the court.

    I've been one of the biggest Bird supporters since he joined us. This isn't an "I told you so" and an "eat your crow" thread, but let's give the man some props.

    Everyone knows what happened when the two headed monster existed, before we canned Walsh. Thankfully we finally got rid of the guy who almost took our franchise to glory, then, ran it in the ground. Nothing lasts forever. It was his time to go.

    Since Bird has taken over he has been the best GM in the NBA BY FAR! Anyone who can't see this at this point is really blind. Sure you can say Pat Riley, blah, blah, blah, but Larry took a deck of cards that were heavily stacked against him and is sitting at the finalist table.

    I said many years back that what Larry was assembling one of the best young cores in the NBA, if not the best.

    Trading a washed up JO for one of the most promising young centers in the game? Brilliant. The announcer who said Hibbert wasn't a true center should be fired. In my mind he is what defines a true center. He is the most promising young true center in the game. He doesn't go down there and foul someone every play like Howard, he does it with finesse and old school post movers and shooting. He has future All-Star written all over him. The hardest player to come by in the whole NBA is a true center that can stay healthy that has the potential to be a future All-Star

    Oh but what about Bayless for B Rush? Well considering we MUST re-sign a 23 old power forward we acuired from this deal on top of B Rush, I'd say we made out like thieves in the night. This is better than the JO trade we got from them in my book. JO was losing basketball, as his epic failure here proved.

    Trading Murphy for Collison? Steal of the year by far. Collison is the most promising young point gaurd we have ever had here in Indiana folks. People bash him, and even I lobbied for TJ Ford during the locker room meltdown, because TJ Ford was always a professional. Sookie gets it right on him and Price alot. I think she knows more about the PG position than any of the posters on this board. He is a second year player trying to leran the hardest position in the NBA under his fourth coach. Noone knows how high Collison's ceiling is, but if it 20/10 on a 50 win team, that is All-Star caliber.

    Any criticisms of Hansbrough should be laid to rest. I annointed him starter his rookie year and people called me nuts, but he was the steal of that draft for where we got him. Sure there may be a couple of better players ahead of him, but we got a lottery pick essentially in the teens because he had so many doubters. Another brilliant move by Bird. Can't discount getting Price in the second round either. He has proved he belongs in the NBA as a second unit point gaurd. How many point gaurds that year went ahead of him? Pretty good for where we got him.

    Paul George may be the steal of the decade. He has Kobe Bryant 2.0 written all over him. How did we get a number one pick at 10? I don't know. But anyone who doesn't think Paul George has top 3 pick talent must really not watch the NBA draft. Where was Dunleavy picked? George has by far the most talent on the team. I find it funny the night after the poster questioned him because Hayward scored 22 on Kobe, George put up 23 and may be the next Kobe lol. Okay maybe his ceiling isn't as high as Bryants, but he is the most talented the Pacers have ever had. I'm not crowning his *** and saying he is better than Reggie, but his ceiling is much higher.

    Is Lance Stephenson the biggest fan on the bench nowadays? Man I really think this kid has turned a corner since the locker room meltdown. It gives me the chills and puts a tear in my eye, but I think the vets have really embraced him. And we don't have a team full of thugs. We have hard working guys who keep their **** in order. He is the one player who has as much if not more talent than George on this team, and he is the biggest wildcard. What happens to our team one day if George and Stephenson both live up to their full potentials?

    Am I crazy to think a championship is more feasible with this young core than any we have ever had? I think Larry has assembled a future championship contender with a cool 25-30 mil in cap space.

    Name one GM who has done more with less and I'll laugh. There isn't one. Or name one close who has the cap space he has under the new CBA? Laughing all the way to the bank, Larry, all the way to the bank.

    His one mistake; keeping Jimmy too long. But that was Bird's reward for Jimmy taking a job no other experienced NBA head coach would take. Let's give Jimmy his due. He lit the fire under Hibbert's and Hansbrough's and McRoberts's and all the young guys butts. He made them work hard. Game day full contact practices. You could tell we were always wore out at the end of the games and how it hurt our stamina. But it made them stronger!!! Made them want to prove him wrong!

    But Bird completely redeemed himself by firing JOB at just the right time to promote one of the best young coaches in the NBA. We have to re-sign Vogel for next year! I am in love with this guy and what has done to bring Pacers basketball back. I said it before and I'll say it again, you don't ever let a guy like him walk. His work ethic is unmatched, and his belief in his players goes a long way.

    Playoffs baby!!! Boom Baby!!! Get your free kool-aid and and blue and yellow sunglasses while supplies last!!! Let's upset Chicago for Slick!!!!

    BOOOOOOM BAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!
    almost all of this should be in bright green font.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  15. #11

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Bynum > hibbert

  16. #12
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    I read the first post and thought, "This is a really good parody."

    Then I read all the subsequent posts...
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  17. #13
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been a Bird complainer, the OJ trade, the Murphleavy deal, JOB, but gotta give it up to him, he has put together a pretty decent squad and some nice cap room to play with.
    What was the complaint about the OJ trade?

  18. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,243

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Larry has put together a very solid group of young players. He didn't cave in to a bad trade just to win a few more games like so many GM's do. Now we have the cap space to play with going into a new CBA. I really don't think any GM or President could have done any better then Larry has. We can't call him the best GM in basketball just yet but we may be this time next year. I really hope he stays in control of the Pacers for a long time to come. I wish he'd come out and make a statement to that effect.

  19. #15
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    I've come to a sad conclusion. Whenever someone on here says without prompting "I'm not a ..." or "This thread isn't ...", what follows will always show the opposite to be true.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  21. #16

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    When I think of a team making the playoffs, I don't think of it being 36-43. Those 36 wins can turn into another 1 or 2 wins, but still an under .500 team. Basically, this team will finish with the same record of Jimmy's 1st 2 seasons. Bird's 1st 3 years as PBO is 102-144 with this year so far as 36-43. That's not exactly something to hang one's hat on. The ONLY reason this team is in the playoffs is b/c the EC has terrible teams. To me it's a consolation prize of being the better of the worst, and that doesn't say much to me.

    I won't go into Bird's assets or liabilities, as I'm on record as to what they are, BUT I will give credit when credit is due in that Bird has changed the culture of the team he took over as PBO. That in itself has been a wonderful achievement when others on this board would trade for non-milk drinkers and their baggage all for winning no matter what the cost.

    As far as the thread, it is homerism at it's finest no matter how misconstrude, BUT I can understand the over zealous optimism with making the playoffs. I can see where Bird has laid a foundation for another to build the future, and I can say thanks Mr. Bird for all your effort you put into it.

  22. #17
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,619

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've come to a sad conclusion. Whenever someone on here says without prompting "I'm not a ..." or "This thread isn't ...", what follows will always show the opposite to be true.
    I would never and I'm not gonna try to break this down into one word, but...

    Paradox

  23. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry's 3 year plan was to get us to to the playoffs in said third. Sure he had to fire Jimmy and promote Frank to do it, but he did it, so a win is a win. He also has more cap space than any team in the league and a young team that will compete for a championship in the future without having to blow that cap space on anyone other than draft picks or re-signing our guys.
    Part of Bird's plan was to make the playoffs within the 3 years. Another part was to be patient and create substantial cap room while building a team of desirable assets. That much Bird has accomplished.

    But if you honestly believe that the Pacers will compete for a championship merely through draft picks and re-signing our present players, you are living in some alternate universe. It will require acquiring some talented players and veteran leadership through trades and/or free agency.

    Stay tuned this summer, I believe you will begin to see the second stage of Bird's plan start to play out. It's just a question of what players and draft choices will be traded.

  24. #19

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    I laid out a well thought out homer post, and noone can even dispute it with facts. Am I dellusional? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. There's a chance I'm right. I still don't think anyone can show me a GM that has done more with less.

    Pacer4Ever, shouldn't you be watching the promising Clippers finish with a worse record than us? I read your posts and you really think Eric Gordon is better than everyone on our team and I lol. People really think the Clippers have more talent than we do? Damn that talent has them all of 31 wins right now, and I'd bet our team and starting 5 is younger. How long have they been in lottery land and went nowhere? Since they were in existence? Sure they play in the Western Conference, but all the more reason they will be in lottery land no matter how good Griffin and Gordon become.

    It doesn't surprise me at all that some of the posters calling this a paradox, or saying my whole post should be green font, are the posters on this board who would use things like "least talented team in NBA" to describe our boys. We didn't go 19-16 by only beating up on the bad. We made it by beating the Knicks twice, Charlotte handily, the Bucks, the Bulls, and the Celtics. Imagine if we would have beat all the teams worse than us what our record would be.

    I'm sick and tired of posters here saying Hibbert is the worst starting center in the NBA, Collison is no good, Bird only drafted Hans because he is white, McRoberts doesn't belong in the NBA, George will take three years to even play. It goes on and on. What, I'm just supposed to the believe all this negative hype and live in "reality" when alot of posters here use their negative "realities" like everyone one is supposed to believe it as fact?

    Well I might not be totally right, but I'm closer to being right than the posters who look down on our Pacers. At least bandwagon fans believe in their team and players, or they wouldn't hop on the bandwagon. What's the point of even being a fan if you think so lowly of everything that Pacers have done the past few years?

  25. #20

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Part of Bird's plan was to make the playoffs within the 3 years. Another part was to be patient and create substantial cap room while building a team of desirable assets. That much Bird has accomplished.

    But if you honestly believe that the Pacers will compete for a championship merely through draft picks and re-signing our present players, you are living in some alternate universe. It will require acquiring some talented players and veteran leadership through trades and/or free agency.

    Stay tuned this summer, I believe you will begin to see the second stage of Bird's plan start to play out. It's just a question of what players and draft choices will be traded.
    So what happens when Hibbert Collison Hansbrough McRoberts and Rush are all veterans, Granger is playing the Robin role, and Paul George develops into one of the best players in the NBA? We won't be competing for a championship then? I mean what position do we need all this help from we can't get from the draft? Back-up center? Sorry buddy, you are the one living in an alternate universe. That is more talent than we've ever had since I've been a fan these past 18 years.

  26. #21

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've come to a sad conclusion. Whenever someone on here says without prompting "I'm not a ..." or "This thread isn't ...", what follows will always show the opposite to be true.
    Trust me, I could go back, and serve a heavy dose of crow to most posters on this board, with quotes and all. I didn't do that. I didn't call anyone out by name or demand anyone agree with me and eat crow. If I would have your point would be valid. More Pacers Digest illogic at its finest.

  27. #22

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bynum > hibbert
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put Bynum on the Twolves and you quickly forgot he ever existed. I would take Hibbert over Bynum in every aspect of the game outside of lower body strength.

  28. #23
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,641

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    I'm pretty damn excited about being back in the playoffs too, but this is just bizarre stuff.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  30. #24

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    almost all of this should be in bright green font.
    I've been watching the Pacers since you were born and I'm only 27. You are one of the most pessimistic posters on the board. You know nothing about Indiana basketball or how high our players potentials are and you proved it with like 10 words. I really think the quality of posts here at PD have went down since you've spewed out 8000 posts in a year with some of the worse garbage I've ever seen come out of a diehards mouth.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  32. #25

    Default Re: Larry Bird = Winning, 3 Year Plan a Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty damn excited about being back in the playoffs too, but this is just bizarre stuff.
    Point to the bizzare stuff and I will try to dispute it the best I can. Just saying it is bizzare doesn't get us anywhere. I mean where are all these crazy callers when people said Hibbert was the least talented starting center in the NBA? Or firing Jim Obrien won't improve out record? McRoberts doesn't belong in the NBA? Why weren't you there calling them bizzare? They were actually more wrong than anything I said in my post. My post is TBD, a majority of posters here looked at Hibbert, Hasnbrough, McRoberts, Collison, George, Granger and Rush as a scrap pile. Least talented in the NBA they said. They were more wrong than I will ever be. Where was all this green font, delusional, alternate reality name calling and finger pointing then?

Similar Threads

  1. A question for the OB haters
    By MLB007 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
  2. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
  3. The Larry Bird Serving Crow Thread
    By Midcoasted in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
  4. Good News, Herb Simon thinks Bird and O'B did good job!
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
  5. I guess Dyrek will let Larry know.
    By RWB in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •