Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 156

Thread: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

  1. #126
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could be. I didn't take it as such. If the point of the original post in this thread is to run down Paul George, then your position is valid. I think I'll go re-read it to gain some much-needed perspective.
    Very first post in this thread


    Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2011040513

    i know graphic-er never had any doubts about Gordon. What about the rest of you? Still think we got over on Utah by drafting Paul George?
    Mentions George by name. Then goes onto point out George hadn't scored 22 points this season (since this is the best way to measure a player, obviously).

    Even more mind numbing, the idea that we could even "get one over" on Utah by selecting George as if we picked him over Hayward. Hayward was GONE. We didn't pass on him, and I do not think under any circumstances Hayward will be significantly enough superior to George to warrant us trading up to get him and giving up extra assets. Yet Gordon fans end up so butt hurt like we passed on him and he's going to turn into the next Larry Bird.

    Look the kid has some great basketball skills that will keep him in this league for many years, his ceiling though is probably like a Mike Dunleavy. George has gotten comparisons to T-Mac. (I think that's maybe a little over board but whatever...) Point being they might both be good, and hey if we were getting weekly updates on John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Evan Turner, and other members of the draft class maybe the Hayward threads and comments wouldn't seem so trollish. But all we ever get is Hayward threads and Hayward comments...why is that? Seems like it's to troll or to try and run down George. We even had the you tube video of Gordon dunking on Paul. (Which Paul even congratulated Gordon on via twitter after the game, that jackass)

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #127

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, I love the "I've watched the X number of games argument, can you make the same claim? I don't think so." argument especially when accusing me of having an obnoxious superiority.
    It seems like we've mostly made peace -- so be aware that I'm not asking this in an argumentative tone. I went back and re-read the thread. The one thing that stuck out, that has not been addressed, is the above quote.

    Do you genuinely not think that someone who has more information about a topic is better equipped to comment on it than someone who has less information? I'm having trouble understanding what you think is obnoxious about that.

  4. #128
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    It was obnoxious that you just flat out assumed that I haven't watched the Jazz that much this year. When actually I have watched them quite a bit. At least as much as I can without becoming queasy to my stomach because of that horrible bright green they use for the seats in their arena.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #129

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was obnoxious that you just flat out assumed that I haven't watched the Jazz that much this year. When actually I have watched them quite a bit. At least as much as I can without becoming queasy to my stomach because of that horrible bright green they use for the seats in their arena.
    Oh. So then you know all about how Hayward started the season shooting in the 20% range and how during the second half of the season he's shooting in the high 50's and the massive improvements he's made in a single season and how he now looks remarkably better than he did during the first half of the season, and how he's leading the rookie class in 3 point percentage. You've seen all his amazing blocked shots and you've seen how active and aggressive he has become lately. You know he's solid on both sides of the ball. So I'm sure you have no doubt that he is going to be a solid pro. Because it sounded like you were all, "Paul George is better in every way. Period." Even though that's not true. My mistake, then.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mono For This Useful Post:


  7. #130
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    My exact quote was..."Paul George has had a better rookie season in every way. Period."

    Not "Paul George is better in every way. Period"

    Was my quote hyperbole? Perhaps. But it was responding in kind to a lot of the Hayward hyperbole we saw earlier in the thread. Hayward has certainly improved as the season has progressed. He has proven to be a good team defender and can still shoot the basketball.

    Paul has managed to carve out a niche as a starter on a playoff team. He has had some incredible highlights himself (I would say more than Hayward, but that's up for debate). Paul has put up respectable first season stats (Actually pretty comparable to Granger's first year). And he has shown a ton of improvement on the defensive end.

    I suppose we can never say definitively who had the better rookie year, but I think Hayward would trade his class leading 3 point percentage for a playoff berth. Just my opinion though.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh. So then you know all about how Hayward started the season shooting in the 20% range and how during the second half of the season he's shooting in the high 50's and the massive improvements he's made in a single season and how he now looks remarkably better than he did during the first half of the season, and how he's leading the rookie class in 3 point percentage. You've seen all his amazing blocked shots and you've seen how active and aggressive he has become lately. You know he's solid on both sides of the ball. So I'm sure you have no doubt that he is going to be a solid pro. Because it sounded like you were all, "Paul George is better in every way. Period." Even though that's not true. My mistake, then.
    Hayward's not a good defender. Thats the main differnce they both have looked lost this year on offense. Paul looked like the kid out of Fresno 2nite actually agressive and making his shot. He has been way way to passive for my liking tonight he was attacking. But Paul when he isnt fouling plays lockdown D major differnce.

  9. #132
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    This thread is dumb and makes me like Gordon less.

  10. #133

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hayward's not a good defender. Thats the main differnce they both have looked lost this year on offense. Paul looked like the kid out of Fresno 2nite actually agressive and making his shot. He has been way way to passive for my liking tonight he was attacking. But Paul when he isnt fouling plays lockdown D major differnce.
    Hayward is a good defender. I haven't noticed that George is substantially better, but he could be. I don't think Hayward is a "lock-down" type defensive player, so if George is, then that would make him a better defender than Hayward by default.

    The only thing I can really offer here, is that Hayward is actually a good man-to-man defender. What makes you say he's a bad defender?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mono For This Useful Post:


  12. #134
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hayward's not a good defender. Thats the main differnce they both have looked lost this year on offense. Paul looked like the kid out of Fresno 2nite actually agressive and making his shot. He has been way way to passive for my liking tonight he was attacking. But Paul when he isnt fouling plays lockdown D major differnce.
    Honestly I think Paul hitting the rookie wall was being put in with the starters. Which I still think is the right move, it just takes time to adjust to a new role.

  13. #135
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Hey you know if Gordon turns into an all star for the Jazz no skin off my back and congrats to him because I'm pretty ****ing happy with Paul George. I just don't need an update from his boyfriends every time he has a good game. I can check ESPN on my own. That's my bottom line.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hayward is a good defender. I haven't noticed that George is substantially better, but he could be. I don't think Hayward is a "lock-down" type defensive player, so if George is, then that would make him a better defender than Hayward by default.

    The only thing I can really offer here, is that Hayward is actually a good man-to-man defender. What makes you say he's a bad defender?
    I havent watch Utah on LP since they let Dwill fired Sloan but the kid looked terrible. He obviously is improving but i dont like his defensive upside.

  16. #137
    Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    I heard the Pacers just made the playoffs for the first time in five freaking years... who is this Gordon Hayward that you speak of?

  17. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly I think Paul hitting the rookie wall was being put in with the starters. Which I still think is the right move, it just takes time to adjust to a new role.
    I dont care about his rookie wall it s just the way he has played all season. Fresno Paul and Pacer Paul is very very different. He was so agressive in college he has been passive so far. I relixze he doesnt want to step on other peoples feet. But he better play like Fresno Paul in the next few years he has a scorer mentalty he just has to be agressive.

  18. #139
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordon Hayward ?
    He is as skinney as El Pacero

  19. #140
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    i started this thread not to rip Paul George, he is a Pacer, and I will support him. I think that he has had a decent rookie season, and has shown that he belongs in the NBA. However, I am sick and tired about all of this future superstar talk. Paul is fine as a rotational player, and could hopefully evolve as a reliable second or third scoring option. This is actually a strong rookie class this season, and George is in the middle of the pack. If you told me that guys like Greg Monroe, Demarcus Cousins, etc are future superstars, then I would listen.

    I also started this thread because people on this board have said that Gordon won't make it in the NBA. Said that he isn't worthy of a lottery pick. Said that Utah screwd up by drafting him. Said that he was a bust. All of this talk is nonsense and it ticked me off how sure some of you thought that you were in ripping him.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  21. #141

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i started this thread not to rip Paul George, he is a Pacer, and I will support him. I think that he has had a decent rookie season, and has shown that he belongs in the NBA. However, I am sick and tired about all of this future superstar talk. Paul is fine as a rotational player, and could hopefully evolve as a reliable second or third scoring option. This is actually a strong rookie class this season, and George is in the middle of the pack. If you told me that guys like Greg Monroe, Demarcus Cousins, etc are future superstars, then I would listen.

    I also started this thread because people on this board have said that Gordon won't make it in the NBA. Said that he isn't worthy of a lottery pick. Said that Utah screwd up by drafting him. Said that he was a bust. All of this talk is nonsense and it ticked me off how sure some of you thought that you were in ripping him.
    What's wrong with the future superstar talk when you see the skill set of Paul George? Yes, he's drafted at the middle of the top 20 in a strong draft class. But it doesn't mean he can only be a second or third option at best. Just ask Steve Nash. Who would've thought that he'd be a two-time MVP and a future HOFer? He was picked 15th overall in a strong draft class featuring AI, Ray Allen and Kobe. He should've been just a rotational player, right?

  22. #142
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    To be fair to me....i don't think I've ever started a thread with updates on Gordon Hayward. So all those people saying I do can shove it.

    I have posted some of his results in the on going NBA thread, where it belongs.

    And as to why people are talking about Hayward on a PACERS forum. Well he is the only Indiana Kid from an Indiana team to make it to the National Championship game and be a lottery pick in the NBA over the last decade. So since all you always say that you are a Pacers fan because its the Indiana team, it seems pretty appropriate to also talk about Indiana players.

    People dont talk about Eric Gordon, because a he is not a rookie any longer, there was never any real doubt that he could make it in the league, and there was never any chance that he could have landed on the Pacers. When EJ gets close to free agency I'm sure there will be countless threads about him coming to the Pacers.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  24. #143
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey you know if Gordon turns into an all star for the Jazz no skin off my back and congrats to him because I'm pretty ****ing happy with Paul George. I just don't need an update from his boyfriends every time he has a good game. I can check ESPN on my own. That's my bottom line.
    Hey man nobody is shoving it down your throat, you don't have to read it. My Gosh grow up a bit. I swear... young people
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  25. #144
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey man nobody is shoving it down your throat, you don't have to read it. My Gosh grow up a bit. I swear... young people
    Young people?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. #145
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair to me....i don't think I've ever started a thread with updates on Gordon Hayward. So all those people saying I do can shove it.

    I have posted some of his results in the on going NBA thread, where it belongs.

    And as to why people are talking about Hayward on a PACERS forum. Well he is the only Indiana Kid from an Indiana team to make it to the National Championship game and be a lottery pick in the NBA over the last decade. So since all you always say that you are a Pacers fan because its the Indiana team, it seems pretty appropriate to also talk about Indiana players.

    People dont talk about Eric Gordon, because a he is not a rookie any longer, there was never any real doubt that he could make it in the league, and there was never any chance that he could have landed on the Pacers. When EJ gets close to free agency I'm sure there will be countless threads about him coming to the Pacers.
    I'd agree, I think you've shown great restraint on the board in general. I like your enthusiasm and I expected a Hayward thread every other game, but you've restrained, imo. So I give you credit there.

    Although, I don't know if its part of the 100 feet or more distance that you have to maintain that makes you also limit your thread count on him, so who knows. Yes, I'm kidding.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  28. #146
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Young people?
    You're 23 right? It just seems like you are displaying a common trait of a young person.
    If something exists that you dont like, you have to constantly berate it.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. #147
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're 23 right? It just seems like you are displaying a common trait of a young person.
    If something exists that you dont like, you have to constantly berate it.
    Are you serious right now?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. #148
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd agree, I think you've shown great restraint on the board in general. I like your enthusiasm and I expected a Hayward thread every other game, but you've restrained, imo. So I give you credit there.

    Although, I don't know if its part of the 100 feet or more distance that you have to maintain that makes you also limit your thread count on him, so who knows. Yes, I'm kidding.
    Thank you, I'm just a fan of the kid. To me he emboldens everything about Indiana basketball. So I dont know why everyone wants to bust my balls about it. Infact the majority of the time when the name Gordon Hayward comes up on this board it is in contempt of something I've said earlier, as a way to dig at me. Then their trolling remarks get thanked?

    Yet I'm the one labeled a troll for arguing with a doctor over something that wasn't even provable on either side. This board dumbfounds me sometimes.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  32. #149
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you, I'm just a fan of the kid. To me he emboldens everything about Indiana basketball. So I dont know why everyone wants to bust my balls about it. Infact the majority of the time when the name Gordon Hayward comes up on this board it is in contempt of something I've said earlier, as a way to dig at me. Then their trolling remarks get thanked?

    Yet I'm the one labeled a troll for arguing with a doctor over something that wasn't even provable on either side. This board dumbfounds me sometimes.
    You argued with a doctor about a medical condition. I swear...Old people

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  33. #150
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you serious right now?
    I'm Sorry if that offends you, its just the vibe I get from the majority of your posts. Many times you are the first one to launch a flaming bag of **** with some personal attack.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Similar Threads

  1. Utah Jazz start rookie Gordon Hayward in place of injured Raja Bell [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
  2. Gordon Hayward to work out with Pacers June 21
    By tsm612 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
  3. Tbird draft analysis: Eric Gordon
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •