Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL.....uh yeah against the Wizards.... get back to me when George does it against a team like the Lakers. I mean geez that was an epic fail by you. The Wiz don't have any pride at all.
    I think I smell some jealousy, and I think you want Paul George to fail which is just sad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Am I the only one who isn't picking sides here? I love Paul George, but I want to root for Hayward to succeed as well. It's not an either/or thing for me. I want both of them to thrive.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

It'd be that way for me if bhaas and graphic-er didn't make me want to dislike him..

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't picking sides here? I love Paul George, but I want to root for Hayward to succeed as well. It's not an either/or thing for me. I want both of them to thrive.
    Of Course not, I'm totally rooting for PG too, I want him to turn out to be a good player....so we can trade him for Gordon Hayward.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    It'd be that way for me if bhaas and graphic-er didn't make me want to dislike him..
    Yeah that's kind of why I have been avoiding this thread honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I take the overall feel of this thread as not to be taken too seriously and its fun to bust balls either way but I honestly feel the same as you in that I truly hope they both succeed in the NBA as both seem to be class players that are very intelligent young men who love the game of basketball and its hard not to root for people like that.

All I have to say is LOLZ.

Here's something Paul George can say that Hayward can't...his team made the playoffs.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    LOL.....uh yeah against the Wizards.... get back to me when George does it against a team like the Lakers. I mean geez that was an epic fail by you. The Wiz don't have any pride at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    I think I smell some jealousy, and I think you want Paul George to fail which is just sad.
    I think you're both off your rockers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    All I have to say is LOLZ.

Here's something Paul George can say that Hayward can't...his team made the playoffs.
    You know the Jazz have a better record than The Pacers right now, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    You know the Jazz have a better record than The Pacers right now, don't you?
    You know that they're not in the playoffs right now don't you? And they will be the first team to ever start 27 and 13 to not make the playoffs. 10 and 28 after that. Right now we're 36-43 and they're 37-41. Based on current trends they may not even finish with a better record than us.

Last year Gordon Hayward's team was a playoff team, this year it isn't.

Last year Paul George's team wasn't a playoff team, this year it is.

Paul George has had a better rookie season than Hayward in every sense. Period.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 04-06-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Mood

Also mono, surely you have to take into account that gordons improved minutes have largely coincided with the massive nosedive the jazz have taken.

Since the all-star break or so they have been a far worse team than the pacers, the jazz if I recall correctly started like 27-13 and are giong to end up with a sub .500 record.

Of course gordon isn't to blame for the teams woes, but you also can't trumpet the fact that the jazz are a better team than the pacers as a plus to hayward, when hayward has largely emerged post-jazz breakdown.

Not to mention Paul has seen an increase in minutes ever since Vogel has been hired and we are 3 games over .500 in that timeperiod. If we win out (not a Redick-ulous thought), we'd be 22-16 under Vogel. Paul has slumped recently, this game not with standing, but he and his team have out achieved the Jazz since the end of January quite easily.

Banned

Not to mention Paul has seen an increase in minutes ever since Vogel has been hired and we are 3 games over .500 in that timeperiod. If we win out (not a Redick-ulous thought), we'd be 22-16 under Vogel. Paul has slumped recently, this game not with standing, but he and his team have out achieved the Jazz since the end of January quite easily.
    Waiting for somebody to bring the "weak schedule argument" in 3...2...1....

You know that they're not in the playoffs right now don't you? And they will be the first team to ever start 27 and 13 to not make the playoffs. 10 and 28 after that. Right now we're 36-43 and they're 37-41. Based on current trends they may not even finish with a better record than us.

Last year Gordon Hayward's team was a playoff team, this year it isn't.

Last year Paul George's team wasn't a playoff team, this year it is.

Paul George has had a better rookie season than Hayward in every sense. Period.
    Of course the Pacers are the better team right now. After all, Utah did trade away a top 5 NBA player for potential, lost their hall of fame coach, are finishing the season with four injured starters, etc. But I just figured if you were going to take such an obnoxious attitude about the Pacers supposed superiority, I may as well point out the obvious: it is silly to gloat about the Pacers being in the playoffs when the team you're comparing them to has a better record.

To further point out the obvious, Paul George is not solely responsible for the Pacers being in the playoffs, nor is Gordon Hayward responsible for the Jazz not being in the playoffs. The fact that one team is in the playoffs* while the other is not is totally irrelevant to which player is better.

I said earlier I thought both players were about equal, and I explained why. Then again -- I've actually seen more than 42 games from each team this season, so I know what I'm talking about. I sincerely doubt you can make the same claim. If you had anything more to offer than a say-so, I might take you seriously.

(*note: I am thrilled the Pacers are in the playoffs, and I am a fan of Paul George and I know he is going to have a lot of success in the NBA.)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mono For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Also mono, surely you have to take into account that gordons improved minutes have largely coincided with the massive nosedive the jazz have taken.

Since the all-star break or so they have been a far worse team than the pacers, the jazz if I recall correctly started like 27-13 and are giong to end up with a sub .500 record.

Of course gordon isn't to blame for the teams woes, but you also can't trumpet the fact that the jazz are a better team than the pacers as a plus to hayward, when hayward has largely emerged post-jazz breakdown.
    I'm not really trumpeting anything. To be honest, my point is not to celebrate the Jazz. They're not a very good team right now. I just think it's silly to gloat that the Pacers are in the playoffs and the Jazz aren't when the Jazz have a better record than the Pacers.

Such an obnoxious superiority?

I was merely replying in the same obnoxious tone that spawned this thread. One good game from Hayward and we have some running to a PACERS board to preen about him? Give me a break.

Bhaas and everyone else slurping the Hayward kool aid should have known the obnoxious posts were going to come.

Especially when posts like this

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    by the way, has Paul hit for 22 this season?
    Were used as some sort of evidence that Hayward is the clearly superior player...Well Paul has hit for 23 so clearly the debate is settled. He is better. Lock the thread.

Also, I love the "I've watched the X number of games argument, can you make the same claim? I don't think so." argument especially when accusing me of having an obnoxious superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    I'm not really trumpeting anything. To be honest, my point is not to celebrate the Jazz. They're not a very good team right now. I just think it's silly to gloat that the Pacers are in the playoffs and the Jazz aren't when the Jazz have a better record than the Pacers.
    Well the NBA rules state that this is how it will work. So tough cookies for you. Do you think the Jazz would trade places with the Pacers right now to be in the playoffs better record or not? I'd have to think so, unless they're tanking.

Such an obnoxious superiority?

I was merely replying in the same obnoxious tone that spawned this thread. One good game from Hayward and we have some running to a PACERS board to preen about him? Give me a break.

Bhaas and everyone else slurping the Hayward kool aid should have known the obnoxious posts were going to come.

Especially when posts like this

Were used as some sort of evidence that Hayward is the clearly superior player...Well Paul has hit for 23 so clearly the debate is settled. He is better. Lock the thread.
    Well, I suppose it's fair enough to respond to obnoxiousness in kind, if that was the point of what you were doing, but my point is that I don't think there's a clear distinction between the two players, in terms of one being better than the other right now. George averages more points, Hayward shoots better percentages. They're both going to be good players.

Could very well be (that they're both good player), but the point of this thread IMO ,guised as it may have been, was to troll. So they're getting it right back now that Paul has hit for 23 and Hayward has only hit for 22 the debate has clearly been settled since that was the benchmark established by bhaas himself earlier in the thread.

My main point (and this isn't directed at you Mono) is that any Pacers fan who is going to come here and point out every time Hayward has had a good game (and they have done that) shouldn't be surprised when something like this comes flying right back at them.

I don't understand why we need the constant Gordon Hayward updates. As an IU fan, you don't see me posting every time Eric Gordon has a good game. I don't see Purdue fans posting every time Carl Landry has a good game, but every time Gordon Hayward has even an OK game we get a thread about it or repeated comments about it. It's weird.

Well the NBA rules state that this is how it will work. So tough cookies for you. Do you think the Jazz would trade places with the Pacers right now to be in the playoffs better record or not? I'd have to think so, unless they're tanking.
    I... Of course. Look, I'll try to make this clear: I am not complaining that the Pacers are in the playoffs. I'm thrilled that they are. I am not saying the Jazz are a better team. I know they aren't.

I was pointing out the hollowness of your original post. Keep this in mind: it's fantastic to celebrate your own accomplishments. It's lousy to put other people down. You don't have to run down the Jazz because you love the Pacers, or Gordon Hayward because you love Paul George. It's not necessary.

Was this thread not created to run down the Pacers/Paul George and lift up Gordon Hayward? If it wasn't, it's hard for me to fathom it's purpose. It is, after all, a Pacers/NBA forum, but we don't get updates from Bhaas or graphic-er when any other rookie has a good game, only when Hayward has a good game.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My main point (and this isn't directed at you Mono) is that any Pacers fan who is going to come here and point out every time Hayward has had a good game (and they have done that) shouldn't be surprised when something like this comes flying right back at them.

I don't understand why we need the constant Gordon Hayward updates. As an IU fan, you don't see me posting every time Eric Gordon has a good game. I don't see Purdue fans posting every time Carl Landry has a good game, but every time Gordon Hayward has even an OK game we get a thread about it or repeated comments about it. It's weird.
    Well you would be pretty busy if u did. He played awful 2nite

Or Brian Cardinal

All right. That kind of thing goes on at the Utah Jazz message boards, (we have a particularly egregious pro-Boozer troll) and I agree it's incredibly irritating and worth fighting against. This isn't my primary basketball message board, so I guess I don't spend enough time here to recognize it. I understand where you're coming from if that's what's going on.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Mono For This Useful Post:

Was this thread not created to run down the Pacers/Paul George and lift up Gordon Hayward? If it wasn't, it's hard for me to fathom it's purpose. It is, after all, a Pacers/NBA forum, but we don't get updates from Bhaas or graphic-er when any other rookie has a good game, only when Hayward has a good game.
    Could be. I didn't take it as such. If the point of the original post in this thread is to run down Paul George, then your position is valid. I think I'll go re-read it to gain some much-needed perspective.