Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 156

Thread: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

  1. #51

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Isnt it safe to assume that George has more upside potential but Hayward may be a little better right now? Both players fit their teams need and George gets more opportunities because he is on a lesser talented team. I would be happy with either one really. Both good picks for 9-10

  2. #52

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much has hometown McBob done with selling of tickets? I'm sure he has hometown fans that come to games to see him play, but does it really impact the amount of tickets sold? My guess you could have a roster full of hometown or Indiana players, and it wouldn't impact ticket sales that much. Winning plays more importance in selling tickets than Hayward and McBob would.
    You are right on most of this but I think you are missing the main point. The goal is for some is not to have home town talent and lose, but to have a winner with home town talent on the roster. There we would have the best of both worlds. I just want to see us build a winner first. Then get the home town talent if possible.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:


  4. #53

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Frankly, yes I am.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to redfoster For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,384

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Who is this Gordon Hayward you speak of?

  7. #55
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isnt it safe to assume that George has more upside potential but Hayward may be a little better right now?
    I'm not sure that's safe.

    Paul George is posting better numbers... what makes you say Hayward is better right now? One good game against the Lakers?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    I think is also time to thanks Utah one more time for taking him in front of PG

  9. #57
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    As far as being the better leader/franchise player, I think Paul has more potential to be that and he'll give us the better chance to win more.

    As far as Hayward, yes he would sell tickets, but would he make us a winning team or be a leader. He wasn't the answer for a team like us first trying to get back into the playoffs, but when he was first drafted by the Jazz when they still had Williams and Sloan and still looked to be playoff contenders, Hayward seemed like a solid fit in their rotation by adding some decent scoring off the bench.

    Either way, more tickets will be sold to come out and see Paul, who can be something the Pacers haven't had in a long time and most likely be good enough to make us competitors for years to come which seems to be the solution to getting large crowds or see a former local college standout who would most likely, not solve anything.

  10. #58
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,543

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    debate settled.
    So wait....

    If that video means that Hayward > PG

    Then

    Courtney Lee > LeBron

    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  11. #59
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,761

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So wait....

    If that video means that Hayward > PG

    Then

    Courtney Lee > LeBron
    LOL don't take it so literal, i was just giving my boy Hayward some props when it came to the whole Hayward vs George debate.

    If you are just looking at the stats that were posted earlier. George is essentially a 3pter better than Hayward in a 5minute difference. + a couple of rebounds.

    But if you look a this game logs, more often than not when he gets minutes above his average he really produces, and he has had limited opportunities all year long. So going forward I think the future looks real bright for Hayward.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  12. #60
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think is also time to thanks Utah one more time for taking him in front of PG
    I don't even believe in God, and yet I wake up every day praying to God and thanking him for Utah taking Gordon 1 pick ahead of us so we could then grab George.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  14. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't even believe in God, and yet I wake up every day praying to God and thanking him for Utah taking Gordon 1 pick ahead of us so we could then grab George.

  15. #62

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure that's safe.

    Paul George is posting better numbers... what makes you say Hayward is better right now? One good game against the Lakers?
    Hayward is playing on a better team with more talent around him. If he had the opportunities that George has had I am sure he would be posting better numbers. Watch they way he carries himself on the court compared to George. Paul often looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Gordon did look that way but has matured faster. Again, I think Paul has a chance to be the better player. I just dont think he is right now.

  16. #63
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Gordon Hayward will be a solid player, probably like a Mike Dunleavy, over the course of his NBA career. His ceiling isn't as high as Paul George and he just doesn't have the potential that Paul has to be a superstar in this league. Hayward will be one of those good players that is just underrated and undervalued in the NBA, even though he'll get the job done on both ends of the court. Paul on the other hand has the potential to be one of those types that can turn into "something special."

  17. #64
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Hayward is better right now. Paul could be better in the future.

    Hayward: higher floor/lower ceiling.

    George: lower floor/higher ceiling.

    Both were good picks.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  18. #65
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,761

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordon Hayward will be a solid player, probably like a Mike Dunleavy, over the course of his NBA career. His ceiling isn't as high as Paul George and he just doesn't have the potential that Paul has to be a superstar in this league. Hayward will be one of those good players that is just underrated and undervalued in the NBA, even though he'll get the job done on both ends of the court. Paul on the other hand has the potential to be one of those types that can turn into "something special."
    LOL, what would give you the idea that Hayward doesn't have just as high potential as Paul George? Both players were sophomores in college. Both players are the same age. Both players are 6-8/6-9. Both players have pretty much even ball handling skills. Both have pretty much even shooting abilities. Is George faster than Hayward? I've not seen any evidence of that this year so far.

    I guess George can jump out of gym and get Alley Oops, and Hayward can only tomahawk slam it over George, and the entire Lakers front line.

    One of them had alot of success at the college level though...
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  19. #66
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,931
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL don't take it so literal, i was just giving my boy Hayward some props when it came to the whole Hayward vs George debate.

    If you are just looking at the stats that were posted earlier. George is essentially a 3pter better than Hayward in a 5minute difference. + a couple of rebounds.

    But if you look a this game logs, more often than not when he gets minutes above his average he really produces, and he has had limited opportunities all year long. So going forward I think the future looks real bright for Hayward.
    Weak argument. Common sense dictates that when a rookie is playing well he gets more minutes, when he is not he gets fewer. It completely accounts for "games when he gets more minutes he produces more". It's the opposite, especially since the jazz have had the luxury of bringing him along incrementally over the course of the year.

  20. #67
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,761

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weak argument. Common sense dictates that when a rookie is playing well he gets more minutes, when he is not he gets fewer. It completely accounts for "games when he gets more minutes he produces more". It's the opposite, especially since the jazz have had the luxury of bringing him along incrementally over the course of the year.
    Well i guess Sloan wasn't using common sense was he then...Cause Haywards minutes were all over the chart. He'd play 5 minutes one game, 15 the next, over 30 here and there. No pattern what so ever.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  21. #68

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    The only reason I'd want Hayward would be for attendance.

    Eventually in the near future, we'll reach 16,000+ or so per game because of our success.

    Hayward isn't a franchise guy and won't be a potential star like Paul seems to be.

    In the home game against the Jazz this season, the place was packed with Hayward fans, but I did see many of the #20s clap and cheer for the Pacers.

    The only Indiana standout I'd take who would most likely lead us to be a winning team is Eric Gordon and getting him would sell the place out every game.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  22. #69
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    I think there is a reason people have been saying that PG could very well end up being the steal of this draft class and not Gordon Hayward. His ceiling is Tracy McGrady. Hayward's is like Mike Dunleavy.

    Stop kidding yourself if you think they have the same amount of potential.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  24. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of them had alot of success at the college level though...
    One was on a significantly better team than the other as evidenced by Butler's return to the national championship game. Their stats though, comparable.

  25. #71
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    2,311

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Not even commenting on Hayward as I haven't watched him much this year but I think a lot of you may be over estimating George. He has shown me nothing so far that makes me think he is a future franchise player or All Star for that matter. Is he even in the top 10 of his rookie class right now?

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  27. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there is a reason people have been saying that PG could very well end up being the steal of this draft class and not Gordon Hayward. His ceiling is Tracy McGrady. Hayward's is like Mike Dunleavy.

    Stop kidding yourself if you think they have the same amount of potential.
    Thank you, is pretty much like asking a team, who do you rather have with the 9th pick Tmac or Dunleavy?

  28. #73

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    They both seem to be 4th options when on the court. The only difference is that the other 3 on Utah are way better than the 3 ahead of George. George should get more opportunities. Let's just be rooting for both to exceed expectations!

  29. #74
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you, is pretty much like asking a team, who do you rather have with the 9th pick Tmac or Dunleavy?
    That could not be further from the truth.

    It was a choice between a guy who could conceivably turn into a T-Mac but is more likely to have an upside as Trevor Ariza and a guy who would at worst be a Mike Dunleavy and could conceivably be a better defensive version of Mike Dunleavy.

    If both players hit their peak, George is better. But both players are a long way from their peak.

    If Utah had the draft over, they wouldn't take George over Hayward. And we are probably still happy about that.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  30. #75
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Still doubting Gordon Hayward?

    A couple things:

    -If Utah could do the draft over, they'd take George over Hayward.

    -Paul George is better than Gordon Hayward right now. Fact.

    -Paul George's ceiling is 10x higher than Hayward's.

    -The same people that are praising Hayward while dumping on George just happen to be the same people that are saying that Matt Howard is a legit NBA prospect and comparable to Tyler Hansbrough. Hmm...

Similar Threads

  1. Utah Jazz start rookie Gordon Hayward in place of injured Raja Bell [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
  2. Gordon Hayward to work out with Pacers June 21
    By tsm612 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
  3. Tbird draft analysis: Eric Gordon
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •