Thread: Mike Kahn slams Jess Kersey

Hybrid View

Default Mike Kahn slams Jess Kersey

See, this is why I like Kahn so much. Don't see ESPN guys doing this.

Ten things we learned this week in the NBA

SEATTLE -- The week before the All-Star break and nothing could have been more infuriating than to see the horrible way in which a veteran NBA official mistreated an entire team Monday night ...

1. Item: Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles was fined $7,500 for saying the following: "Jess Kersey turned his back on me right from the beginning of the game. I'm not sure why. We weren't even getting on him at all at that time. He spent most of the game not even acknowledging any of the questions we had or anything else. And really, he was a big baby out there, and it's really a shame for a guy of his experience to be that way.

What it really means: The NBA still doesn't understand how much certain officials undermine the integrity of games. Kersey refused to discuss anything with Skiles throughout the game and ejected young 7-foot center Tyson Chandler with a second technical foul that was nearly as dubious as the first one.

Then, in the waning moments of the game, Skiles was wrongly informed of his timeout situation and was tagged with a technical foul as well. Even then, Kersey didn't explain it to him. Kersey and the Bulls locked horns early in the year when he essentially cussed out rookie Kirk Hinrich for complaining about the lack of respect. Hinrich then told Bulls general manager John Paxson, who put in the requisite call to executive vice president Stu Jackson.

Jackson chastised Kersey for it, and the next time Kersey did a Bulls game, he approached Hinrich with, "So, you had to go tell your general manager on me?"

Let's face it, Kersey is well past his prime anyway. For him to carry grudges into games with the Bulls not only puts into question the subject of suspension, but the fairness of any game he officiates. And the NBA can ill afford any such status.
    And yes, if there's possibly anyone on here who doesn't know this, Kersey was the ref who called the 4-point play. *******.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: Mike Kahn slams Jess Kersey

Another mystery solved: There are no league conspiracies. There are simply a handful of ******* refs who are immature and hold grudges. Oh, and there's always the incompetency factor.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another mystery solved: There are no league conspiracies. There are simply a handful of ******* refs who are immature and hold grudges. Oh, and there's always the incompetency factor.
    I place full blame on the league, because they allow it. Are they really so stupid as to not see what everyone else on the planet with a brain does? Whenever something like this happens and the league doesn't react appropriately, it certainly makes it look like the conspiracy begins with them.

I place full blame on the league, because they allow it. Are they really so stupid as to not see what everyone else on the planet with a brain does? Whenever something like this happens and the league doesn't react appropriately, it certainly makes it look like the conspiracy begins with them.
    Ditto. The officiating has got to improve. And I think the only way is to clean house. Sure, there will be growing pains but in the long run it will be worth it.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

jtfourh

Okay--I'll admit that at the last game I went to (a week ago Friday) that Jess Kersey was there and I let my emotions get ahold of me.

I waited until it got really quiet and then yelled at the top of my lungs--

KERSEY! RETIRE, PLEASE!!!

He was awful in that game as usual.