Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Trade for Steph Curry Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Trade for Steph Curry Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just a dissenting opinion. fwiw

there are maybe 12 or 15 PG's better than DC. and also better than curry. if you listed all the PG's in order of best to worst, there would be maybe 2 guys in between them. curry just isn't that much better than DC to make an expensive offer for him. plus he is little just like DC. with the same defensive problems. different offensive skills, but not that much different.

pacers don't need a different average PG, they need a top 5, top 10 PG type. someone a lot better than what they have. not just a little better.
    Stephen Curry is currently ranked 5th in PGs based on his production.

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/playerr...otCategoryId=0
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I don't know about all this.

The overwhelming sentiment on this board is that we need a pass first pg. Now we want to trade for a Pg that would love to be able to shoot 30 times a game.

I agree with most on here. I would prefer a pass first point that can distribute to Tyler, Roy, and George for years to come. I'm not sure if DC is the man for the job, but you have to give a 2nd year player on a new team more time to develop before canning him.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefeistyone For This Useful Post:

How about as a 2 guard? you wouldn't take DC, Curry, Granger, TYler, and Hibbs, with George off the bench? Send them the first rounder we don't need and BRush. Heck, give em McBob while we are at it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Curry can't properly guard one guards....

You expect him to guard two guards at his size and slight frame?

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Curry can't properly guard....

You expect him to guard?
    Fixed.

Wouldn't a Granger for Monta Ellis trade make more sense?

By reading this thread I'm guessing a lot of people haven't seen Curry play. He'd be a major upgrade over Collison. I have no doubts. If you can get him you do it.

I would trade Collison for him and a first round pick but no way do I trade Granger. This is a classic example of 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Curry would cost way too much to get so no deal.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

While Curry is an upgrade over Collison, he shares many of the same weaknesses. Our PG defense won't get any better (worse?), and passing only marginally better if at all. Collison is also a better athlete and has more potential as a guy who can "create" if he improves some on the play making front. I don't think he will be worth it to us for what it would cost to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post

I think Josh Smith is a much better target in terms of "bang-for-your-buck" in what he would bring us.

I'm much more on board with the Josh Smith idea, in addition because he is a perfect "fit", what he brings to the table will make Granger and particularly Hibbert look more effective.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 04-06-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Stephen Curry is currently ranked 5th in PGs based on his production.

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/playerr...otCategoryId=0
    that's nice, does that mean there are only 4 PG's that you think are better than him. or is it more like 12 or 15 guys. deron williams is not having a very good season, but he is still better. much better. so are a lot of other guys. rajon rondo is 17th on the list. that alone would make the ranking method suspect at best. i have nothing against curry, but he is not enough better than DC to make a huge investment in a small increase in production. DC is an average PG. top 15 at the position or so. so is curry. to improve the PG position significantly, pacers need to look at guys like westbrook or rose or evans or some other top 10 PG type. not another mid level guy.

the PG position is full of really good players right now. to be a top player, a guy has to be really really good. neither curry or DC are that good. they are both in the next level of ability, the middle 10. that is a big improvement from last year. last year the pacer PG's were probably the worst starting group in the league. this year they are in the middle with a couple of 2nd year players. give them a chance to get better. or if not, trade for a guy that is clearly much better. not just a little better.
    Last edited by xIndyFan; 04-07-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: ok, rondo is 17th.

Mood

Honestly I think that collison is better than curry next year.

As a starter last year in NO he was widely considered to be at least as good as curry is, another year of experience and not being jerked aroudn by the system and I think at the very least DC makes trading for someone like curry just not worth it.

He's really been quite efficient lately, has cut down on the turnovers alot and even playedi mproved d (not that he doesn't have to work on it more, but he has more potential there than does curry).

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Watching the Lakers-Warriors game makes me want Monta Ellis, not Curry. Yes Curry would be nice but it would take a lot to get him. I think Collison is finally getting comfortable and will be a great PG for the future. I do think it Ellis is worth getting. He has been a stud and is one of the best scorers in the league, exactly what Larry Bird said we lacked. I think Ellis would make Granger much more effective and would be great here
    Murph

Would love either curry or ellis. The nickname steve nash 2.0 makes me oh so in love with curry also

I don't think the Warriors are going to trade Curry. He's on a similar level of talent as Monta, but he's much better at making guys around him better. Monta is a fun guy to watch and all, but having him as a starting SG isn't getting you anywhere unless you have massive talents at other positions. He's better suited as a 6th man coming off the bench for a contending team.

Yeah, he's fun to watch in certain games, much like the one tonight, but he's not leading anyone to anywhere special. If all you want is a nice, fun to watch underdog team that puts on some entertaining performances now and then but isn't going anywhere important, he's your guy. Otherwise, he's nothing you'd want unless you have the luxury of making him a #4 option on your team.

Now if the Warriors are smart, they'll look to trade Monta and get the best value in return they can and rebuild that way. I think they know they know they have to do that, but they'll probably continue sitting on what they have now because they're so busy counting all the money they make from the dumb fans who continue to support a losing product because they're so easily entertained.

I don't think the Warriors and Pacers make for really good trade partners right now anyhow. Granger for Ellis is not a trade the Pacers should make. It's a trade the Warriors should make, but probably wouldn't because Warrior fans are stupid enough to make Monta such a draw at the ticket booth.
    Last edited by d_c; 04-07-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    I don't think the Warriors are going to trade Curry. He's on a similar level of talent as Monta, but he's much better at making guys around him better. Monta is a fun guy to watch and all, but having him as a starting SG isn't getting you anywhere unless you have massive talents at other positions. He's better suited as a 6th man coming off the bench for a contending team.

Yeah, he's fun to watch in certain games, much like the one tonight, but he's not leading anyone to anywhere special. If all you want is a nice, fun to watch underdog team that puts on some entertaining performances now and then but isn't going anywhere important, he's your guy. Otherwise, he's nothing you'd want unless you have the luxury of making him a #4 option on your team.

Now if the Warriors are smart, they'll look to trade Monta and get the best value in return they can and rebuild that way. I think they know they know they have to do that, but they'll probably continue sitting on what they have now because they're so busy counting all the money they make from the dumb fans who continue to support a losing product because they're so easily entertained.

I don't think the Warriors and Pacers make for really good trade partners right now anyhow. Granger for Ellis is not a trade the Pacers should make. It's a trade the Warriors should make, but probably wouldn't because Warrior fans are stupid enough to make Monta such a draw at the ticket booth.
    I can agree with you to a certain extent....but there is no Team out there that can afford to make him a 4th option or the 6th Man on your Team...the guy is owed $11 mil a year over the next.

As you suggest....the best way is to make him a 1st/2nd/3rd option on a Team with a VERY good supporting cast of 4 to 5 Players.

However, he is really fun to watch on the offensive end....Monta makes shots that leaves your jaw on the ground.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think the best assets that wil be available for a price we could problaby pay is either one of PF's form Utah or try ofr Mayo again.

Going after Curry or J.Smith is going to take to much to get. Bird or whoever is in charge this summer won't want to give up our best players for them.

I've watched Curry play quite a few games this year. I can't see a lot about him that screams Point Guard. What I see is a shooting guard trapped in a point guards body.

I don't think he can guard either position particulary well. He's not fast enough to guard the fast pg's and he's not big enough to guard 2's

I would have much more interest in Ellis over Curry, but i'm not sure I would be willing to pay the price for him.

Put me on board with going after Jefferson in Utah. He can play the 4 and 5 and i think he fits our needs better than shot happy guards in goldenstate.

I think with DC we can do well with Price as a back up, they r developing and getting good. Look at this Pacers team overall, it was all about developing, why not get another player who is a really good player, can fit in, and is still developing? I would love to get a solid Shooting Guard since that might be our worst position, our scoring hardly ever comes from there, a good SG would make a point guards job that much easier and Danny Granger and Hibbert would flourish more with such a spread out defense. My choice would to be for the up and coming Eric Gordon, I personally would love him on the Pacers team.

whoops double post, Didn't know how forums work
    Last edited by MillerGranger; 04-07-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Dont you guys think we could get Curry for Granger and Collison? They would probably do the deal so they could throw in a bad contract like Lee's.

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Dont you guys think we could get Curry for Granger and Collison? They would probably do the deal so they could throw in a bad contract like Lee's.
    Ya we could get Curry for Granger and Collison but that is the worst deal I have heard yet. Curry isn't that much better than collison and he sure isn't better than Granger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Ya we could get Curry for Granger and Collison but that is the worst deal I have heard yet. Curry isn't that much better than collison and he sure isn't better than Granger.
    I wasnt proposing the trade. I was stating what I think it would take to get him. Other than this trade, I dont see GSW being interested in anything else we have.
    BTW - I feel Curry is 2-3 levels ahead of Collison. They are not even in the same league.
    Curry = 18/6
    Collison 13/5
    Last edited by troyc11a; 04-07-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Do you guys think Collison and our '11 1st Rd pick is enough to bring in Curry? GSW really need to do something since Curr/Ellis are so close to being the same player. I think we would have to throw something else in of value.
    I love that trade. We get to keep Granger and add another scorer without giving up anything we need. The last thing this team needs is another rookie. Besides, I dont even know if the Warriors have any interest in DG.