Thread: with Minny

Mood

Default with Minny

It all depends on what you think each franchise thinks of all players involved. I could see this either way (being realistic to being laughed at).

Granger for Love and Pekovic.

Pekovic is to make salaries work, but he's also a big tree of a guy to be a backup 5.

It wouldn't hurt if Love quietly asked to be traded, or if Granger is still (over) respected around the league, but this might be enough to get it done.

Cue someone complaining about what's wrong with it (as if 99% of pairings don't have weaknesses), but I like the size and skill set of a Love/Hibbert front court. Between the two you have plenty of rebounding, you have a guy who guards with length, a guy who guards with strength, and both can score points and shoot (Love more than Roy at this point, obviously) and pass. A lot of skill.

Also, I like Tyler as a backup 4 more than I like him as a starting 4, and to have him behind Kevin Love would be great.

This wouldn't be the only move to make, but with this you're looking at:

Collison/Price
    Rush/Jones
    George
    Love/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Pekovic

... with your free agency money still in tact.

Just a thought, but in this scenario, what about throwing some money Shane Battier's way? Smart, reliable, veteran defensive player who can hit a jumpshot.

Collison/Price
    George/Rush
    Battier/Jones
    Love/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Pekovic

Default Re: with Minny

I love this. I hope it happens.

Wish we could get Grant Hill instead of Battier, but he won't probably be available. I remember reading recently that he really enjoys playing in Phoenix. Still, Phoenix has to recognize at some point that they have to blow this team up and get some value for Nash and Hill.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I "love" this deal. I would even throw in Hansborough and our 2011 First Rounder to make it work if that is what it took.

No offense to Danny, but I think the fit for Love at the four next to Hibbert is ideal, both offensively and defensively. It would take a boat load to get Love off their hands though. It would hurt, but I think that the pieces could be replaced. We need an upgrade in talent at the cost of depth. Granger is awesome, but Love is younger, so his value is higher. Plus he is a PF.

We would definitely look to resign McRoberts at that point. I would definitely be excited over a starting lineup of Collison/Rush/George/Love/Hibbert. I think that is a balanced starting/closing lineup. The rebounding would be very good, and the defense would be solid in that the weaknesses seem to be covered pretty well by others' strengths.

Sports Logo

The deal looks good, and I think Love is a better overall player than Granger, but... I don't think it'll improve us at all.

Next season, assuming Hibbert keeps on developing on offense (which he should), we'll have our top 2 scoring options inside... which isn't really a good thing if you ask me.
    Our wing rotation will be pretty bad... Geogre, as he's playing now, won't be enough if we wanna get anywhere. Sure, he could make a leap, but that's too much of a gamble. Rush and Jones are both inconsistent.

We get good value out of the deal but I'm just not sure he fits.

And just a side note... We get him for one year, then probably need to pay him a lot. If David Lee got such a huge contract, imagine what Love is going to get. Do we want that?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love this trade as well. K Love is phenomenal. I'm in no way saying K Love isn't worth trading Danny, but I would try and work for others than trading Danny.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

If you can get K-Love for Danny, you do it. And you throw in Hansbrough if they want him. I like Pekovic at backup 5 and I'd re-sign McBob to backup Love. Gives George the freedom to develop as a 2 or a 3 and our pursuit can become to find the right player to go next to him, instead of a PF, which is a more difficult hole to fill considering our draft position and upcoming free agents.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Would hate to have to give up Tyler, he'd make an awesome third big behind, Roy/Love. Screw it.

Make the call Larry.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see any reason the Minnesota "brain trust" (and I use that term loosely) would ever trade Love for a guy like Danny (older, more expensive, more easily replaceable, not as good), especially when Love is about to complete a historically productive season.

Would they take a trade like Danny/Hibbert for Love/Webster? That sounds like it's creeping closer to reality, but I honestly don't think there's anything on the Pacers' roster that the Wolves would get excited for in terms of trading Love.

I was saying last summer that they should have thrown a full boat offer at them for Love, who was coming off a sneaky-productive year off of the bench. Just missed.

If I'm going to trade Granger I would want a difference maker back. Like Granger and Hibbert for Dwight Howard.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I'm going to trade Granger I would want a difference maker back. Like Granger and Hibbert for Dwight Howard.
    our whole team wouldnt get Dwight Howard

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post: