Thread: Artest for Thomas

Default Artest for Thomas

It's my understanding that Isiah might still be shopping Kurt Thomas.

This from the NY Post

Isiah Thomas' thirst for size does not appear to be quenched, the Knicks boss set to add Chinese bigman Mengke Bateer to the preseason roster on Monday according to a report in the New York Post.

Bateer, joining his sixth team in three years, will be joined in New York by 5-10 guard Andre Barrett out of Seton Hall who will also receive an invite from the Knicks.

Thomas also continues to shop forward/center Kurt Thomas who he considers not athletic enough for the new Knicks structure. If Thomas is traded the Post reports that the Knicks would have no problem starting a frontcourt tandem of Nazr Mohammed and Vin Baker.

The salaries are almost identical.

Would Thomas do it?

Would Walsh?

Default Re: Artest for Thomas

32 year old
    for
    24 year old

who is already a lot better?

IT would do this in a heartbeat. DW would only do this if Isiah has videotape of Donnie "getting nasty" with the sign guy, and is threatening to relase it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is simply a BAD trade. I cannot think of anybody on te Knicks I'd trade RA for.

(Do not think of trading him to ANY east team)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

this is silly

I am a huge Knicks fan and even this trade makes no sense at all to me. Thomas is pretty bad and Artest is the reigning DPOY

Sports Logo

Even if IT had such a tape I dont think Donnie would be stupid enough to do this trade.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bird has gone on record as saying that Artest is "one of the 10 best players in the league" and that if he continued to grow and could rid himself of his problems that he would be "one of the 5 best players in the league".

Since Bird will not trade Artest unless he receives a comparable player in return, there is no chance of Artest being traded for Thomas.

Unless, of course, you consider Thomas to be one of the 10 best players in the league. Which I know that you don't.

but you're all forgetting that they could throw in Bruno Sundov to even things out!

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

sweabs

Awful trade - if it happened.

But obviously unless your getting KG or Duncan in return () I'm pretty much all against trading Ron in the first place!

canyoufeelit

On a scale of 1 to crap I rate this trade total crap

But I wouldn't mind it still, but of course those two are not even close in playing ability

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That would be an awful trade for us if it happened.But it won't.And it shouldn't.Read my sig.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I like Kurt Thomas, actually. Not nearly enough to trade Artest for him, but still.

I wonder if Thomas would take Croshere in return?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

I say do this deal. I mean I looked back at the "Artest will be traded for a bag of Purina' threads and it is obvious Artest is bad for this team. I say get something for him before he causes us to lose 65 games this year. I would like to hear from all of the Artest haters? I'd like to get their thoughts.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Even *I* wouldn't do this deal.

(Based, solely, on KT's contract paying him an absurd amount of money through 2008-09.)

(Then again, I just wanted the Pacers to let Brad walk to Denver, instead of taking Pollard's bad contract in return - and you can see where that got us.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Seriously, so Thomas is shopping Thomas. What would it take to get him?

Is Pollard too much? Not enough?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Over the summer I could have seen the Pacers considering a Harrington for KT deal (Jackson was a better pickup though).

I don't see them considering an Artest for KT deal.

Wish they would ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kurt Thomas

smoothie

zeke has gone on record on a local station here in NYC as saying that he would be looking to trade both thomas' (kurt and tim).

what if it were a trade of both thomas' for ron, cro, and pollard?