Thread: When are the first two games?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default When are the first two games?

I'm traveling next weekend. Trying to find out when the games are and how I can watch them.

Someone on here said League Pass Broadband won't be an option. Can anyone confirm?

Is the first game saturday or sunday? Afternoon or evening? Is the second game Monday or Tuesday?

If the game is on NBA TV only it could be a problem. But will the Chicago station be covering it? Because that one is often on cable/sattelite or hotel options.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: When are the first two games?

Nobody will know anything until the matchups are set.

Knowing the NBA, game 1 will almost certainly be the first matchup of saturay or sunday's slate of games, so you're probably looking at a 3PM start time.
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-07-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody will know anything until the matchups are set.

Knowing the NBA, game 1 will almost certainly be the first matchup of saturay or sunday's slate of games, so you're probably looking at a 3PM start time.
    I'm not so sure about that.

Last year, the start times were 3:00, 5:30, 8:00, and 10:30 on Saturday and Sunday, with ABC getting the 3:00 games and TNT getting the rest.

If the Knicks play the Heat, you can virtually put that Game 1 plus the Lakers in pen for the ABC games. In fact, I think regardless of who the Knicks play (Heat or Celtics), that will be the 3:00 Saturday ABC game, and the Lakers will be the Sunday 3:00 ABC game.

The problem is that there's no logical Western Conference team to put in the 10:30 Sunday slot, so I think they'll move that game to noon on Sunday (most logical candidate, Atlanta-Orlando).

Because Stern hates Mark Cuban, I bet the Mavs get stuck with the 10:30 Saturday game (9:30 local time). And I think they put the Oklahoma City - Denver Game 1 at 8:00 on Sunday, with the Heat or Celtics (vs. the Sixers) Game 1 at 8:00 on Saturday.

So Game 1 will be either 5:30 on Saturday or 5:30 on Sunday. My best guess would be 5:30 on Sunday, in order to keep 2 East series starting on Sunday with 2 West series. And if it's 5:30 on Sunday, then Game 2 will be either Tuesday or Wednesday, starting at 8:00 (because Chicago is on Central time). The Bulls - Pacers will probably be 3rd in order for EC series. It's possible it could be tied for 2nd if the Heat play the Knicks. That fact could relegate Game 2 potentially to NBA TV, although I think it'd rate higher than any WC series other than the Lakers, so I doubt it.

See, it's rather simple.
    Last edited by shags; 04-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.

we had a detailed discussion of this in the playoff ticket thread. read that thread

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=63338

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    we had a detailed discussion of this in the playoff ticket thread. read that thread

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=63338
    Helped somewhat.

Do we know yet WHEN we will know?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Helped somewhat.

Do we know yet WHEN we will know?
    I think they announce them Thursday after the season's over, so April 14th. Definitely during day shift work hours I'm pretty sure.

One thing to remember for Game 2 is that Oklahoma City, Dallas, and San Antonio are all on Central time, while the Lakers are on Pacific. Chicago is the only Eastern team on Central, so I would guess they'd be paired with the Lakers during the week to get the 8:00 - 10:30 game.

I'm still thinking that the Lakers are most likely to have that Sunday ABC slot (3:00), which is why I'm still thinking 5:30 Sunday for Chicago. I'm thinking that TNT will want the Celtics and Heat on separate days, so I think that Game 2 will be Wednesday, with Game 3 being Friday.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post: