Thread: What no thread about the Notre Dame Lady Irish?

Default What no thread about the Notre Dame Lady Irish?

Another Indiana team in the Championship game. And they beat mighty UConn to get there.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What no thread about the Notre Dame Lady Irish?

Nope.

Probably because not very many people actually care about women's basketball.
    Grown Man Ball

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because not very many people actually care about women's basketball.
    Simple...yet elegant.

I realize I'm stepping out of my own bounds here, but:

It's one thing to not care about women's basketball, but it's another thing entirely to come into a thread that was clearly made by someone who does care about women's basketball and to be a dick about it.

Butt the hell out, if that's all you can say about it. It's extremely rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I realize I'm stepping out of my own bounds here, but:

It's one thing to not care about women's basketball, but it's another thing entirely to come into a thread that was clearly made by someone who does care about women's basketball and to be a dick about it.

Butt the hell out, if that's all you can say about it. It's extremely rude.
    I actually thought the poster went about it in a pretty decent way. The notion that not many people care about women's basketball is a factual statement backed up by all evidence on the matter. That's really all the poster said. He did not say that women's basketball is stupid or that women's basketball sucks, just that it really isn't all that popular. The OP also did not call for a thread on women's basketball, she just asked why such a thread did not exist. I think her question was correctly answered.

JMO of course.

Personally, I think some of it also has to do with the fact that not as many people in Indiana care about Notre Dame as they do about IU or Purdue.
    Last edited by idioteque; 04-04-2011 at 07:55 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I actually thought the poster went about it in a pretty decent way. The notion that not many people care about women's basketball is a factual statement backed up by all evidence on the matter. That's really all the poster said. He did not say that women's basketball is stupid or that women's basketball sucks, just that it really isn't all that popular. The OP also did not call for a thread on women's basketball, she just asked why such a thread did not exist. I think her question was correctly answered.

JMO of course.

Personally, I think some of it also has to do with the fact that not as many people in Indiana care about Notre Dame as they do about IU or Purdue.

First off I'm a she

Second I grew up in Northern Indiana so yes I do have an affinity to Notre Dame I grew up near there my dad also worked there before I came along.

Only in college did I ever care about Purdue at all because I ended up going there.

However I do think the Lady Irish deserve some love as well since they are also representing the state as well. Hence the thread. I'm kind of annoyed at the Butler attention at this point. They deserve it but really their fans need to accept that they are no longer considered Cinderella or at least shouldn't be now that they are one of the elite teams despite being a mid major.

no...*not happy*

Funny, I do sometimes forget that in the rest of the country..many people don't care. In Connecticut, people care just as much as they do about the men..(in fact, sometimes more.) The best basketball I've ever seen was from a woman's team. in(Looking back, that team happened to have the player that is the best PG in the world today, the best player in the world today, two post players that are top 20..and a Center who has retired but was actually rated the best of all of them..as their starting lineup. My first experience with women's hoops was essentially watching CP3, Kobe, Pierce, Garnett, and Love...in college..with great team chemistry..and four of them -all but the best player- were seniors. It was pretty special.) and Doesn't even occur to me sometimes that it's different elsewhere.

Honestly, I don't remember what it's like to not watch my women's team in the finals..Diggins is a fantastic player..too bad people don't watch her. (Beautiful too..for you guys..)
    Last edited by Sookie; 04-05-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks for having my back there idioteque.

I posted what I did as an answer to the thread title, which was a question. Maybe you should take the stick from betwixt your rear end there Hicks. This is the 2nd time in under a week that you've had some major issue with something about me. First it was my avatar (a black and white pic of Pete Rose grabbing his crotch), and you thought that was in very poor taste and actually asked me to change it. I did change it because I'm not here to offend people. Now you come in here with this nonsense, and it makes me think that you've either got a problem with me or you really just need to take a chill pill. Either way, I don't care at this point.

Sorry to derail the thread any further.

Sookie, I'll say this, those people in Conn., that care just as much about the women's team as they do the men's team, have it good. That Maya Moore girl is DAMN good! I caught the last 5 or so minutes of the game and she amazed me.
    Grown Man Ball

I posted what I did as an answer to the thread title, which was a question. Maybe you should take the stick from betwixt your rear end there Hicks. This is the 2nd time in under a week that you've had some major issue with something about me. First it was my avatar (a black and white pic of Pete Rose grabbing his crotch), and you thought that was in very poor taste and actually asked me to change it. I did change it because I'm not here to offend people. Now you come in here with this nonsense, and it makes me think that you've either got a problem with me or you really just need to take a chill pill. Either way, I don't care at this point.

Sorry to derail the thread any further.

Sookie, I'll say this, those people in Conn., that care just as much about the women's team as they do the men's team, have it good. That Maya Moore girl is DAMN good! I caught the last 5 or so minutes of the game and she amazed me.
    She is. And she's everything you could possibly want in a student athlete. (Rhodes Scholar..or could have been, decided she'd rather go to the Olympics instead.) She was, simply perfect in every way possible. And the best representative of a University that one could hope for.

And she's not the best we've ever had. That's why people in Connecticut care. Because quite frankly, our women's team plays amazing basketball (usually..this year not as much because of the amount of freshmen..this year was more scrappy) and the talent pool is just small. (Although getting bigger)

Mood

I'm not a Notre Dame fan but I'll be watching and rooting for the Indiana team tomorrow because it's an Indiana basketball team and that's that. Looking forward to seeing what Diggins can do as I've not seen her before.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

I posted what I did as an answer to the thread title, which was a question. Maybe you should take the stick from betwixt your rear end there Hicks. This is the 2nd time in under a week that you've had some major issue with something about me. First it was my avatar (a black and white pic of Pete Rose grabbing his crotch), and you thought that was in very poor taste and actually asked me to change it. I did change it because I'm not here to offend people. Now you come in here with this nonsense, and it makes me think that you've either got a problem with me or you really just need to take a chill pill.
    These are two isolated incidents. In neither case was it about the username involved, and in this case it wasn't even a single user. In both cases, I couldn't care less which usernames were associated with it.

My bottom line is, I found what I read above to be a cheap, tasteless action (one that occurs all too often online): A topic gets brought up by someone who obviously cares about it, then someone who doesn't like it or doesn't care about it decides that the right thing to do is to stop by and take a verbal dump on the topic.

I think it's tacky and rude, and it's a pet peeve of mine. If someone sees a thread about something they don't like or care for, created by someone who obviously does care for it, they ought to leave it alone. The fact that this isn't a 'big deal' doesn't make it any less shameful. I'll say no more.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

My bottom line is, I found what I read above to be a cheap, tasteless action (one that occurs all too often online): A topic gets brought up by someone who obviously cares about it, then someone who doesn't like it or doesn't care about it decides that the right thing to do is to stop by and take a verbal dump on the topic.

I think it's tacky and rude, and it's a pet peeve of mine. If someone sees a thread about something they don't like or care for, created by someone who obviously does care for it, they ought to leave it alone. The fact that this isn't a 'big deal' doesn't make it any less shameful. I'll say no more.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this Hicks. However, in this specific case I also think that the OP kind of opened the door to it by phrasing the title as a question.

Back on topic - I hope the women's title game is more fun to watch than the men's was tonight. That was just painful.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well...at least one Indy team beat UConn.

I'll be pulling for them. Would have been nice for both them and Butler to bring home the gold, though.

woman without a team

Since Notre Dame beat Purdue in the 2001 Women's final I hate them. That being said I'm very happy that Notre Dame beat UConn because I hate Gino more.

Edit: And the only good thing about the UConn men beating Butler is that I'm sure somewhere Gino is pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Since Notre Dame beat Purdue in the 2001 Women's final I hate them. That being said I'm very happy that Notre Dame beat UConn because I hate Gino more.

Edit: And the only good thing about the UConn men beating Butler is that I'm sure somewhere Gino is pissed.
    I remembered that and how the Purdue campus rioted afterwards...

Mood

Diggins is impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Diggins is impressive...
    She was more impressive in the final four game.

Jesus she's gonna be a pain for the next 2 years...
    Last edited by Sookie; 04-05-2011 at 10:52 PM.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I can watch some of girls basketball simply because I am a fan. The game is slightly different. I lived in Knoxville and they loved their lady Vols almost as much as the football team.

Mood

Ack. Good year (getting to the championship game) bad year (losing the title game) for the Indiana college bb teams this year.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

So close and despite it being "women's basketball" this was a more interesting game than the men's.