Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: '11 Frank versus '10, '09, and '08 Jim: Last game of Jan through First game of April

Default Re: '11 Frank versus '10, '09, and '08 Jim: Last game of Jan through First game of April

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and for the record, Tyler has averaged over 27 minutes per game under Vogel versus 12 minutes per game under Jim factoring in 11 DNP's.

The result? Frank has won 18 games in 34 chances for a .529 winning percentage versus Jim's 17 games in 44 chances for .386.
    A few weeks before the season started people were saying he would never play again. Are you trying to say he didn't develop at all this year? You should be ashamed of what you did to those numbers. lol

Default Re: '11 Frank versus '10, '09, and '08 Jim: Last game of Jan through First game of April

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    A few weeks before the season started people were saying he would never play again. Are you trying to say he didn't develop at all this year? You should be ashamed of what you did to those numbers. lol
    I did not realize the insane asylum had internet access.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm sure whomever throws out the final statistic in the face of their opponent will 'win' this basketball argument, as is often the case.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm sure whomever throws out the final statistic in the face of their opponent will 'win' this basketball argument, as is often the case.
    Do it and close the thread, then you win. Like you did in the last person to post in this thread wins thread, which was quite funny btw.

Plus you should do it as I believe we are on the same page so if you win, I win

I did not realize the insane asylum had internet access.
    You're the one still worried about firing a man with no job. Honestly anyone who is still rocking that mood has an opinion that has 0 value to me. Only children, the unfortunate, and those with nothing to say resort to name calling.
    Last edited by spazzxb; 04-05-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...and for the record, Tyler has averaged over 27 minutes per game under Vogel versus 12 minutes per game under Jim factoring in 11 DNP's.

The result? Frank has won 18 games in 34 chances for a .529 winning percentage versus Jim's 17 games in 44 chances for .386.
    So you are saying the ONLY reason they won those games under Frank is because he played Tyler?

Please repeat after me:

"Correlation is not causation"
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Please repeat after me:

Tell that to the +/- stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Tell that to the +/- stat.
    The stat alone doesn't care, it is just data. It's the INTERPRETATION that often assumes correlation is causation.

What are you correlating +/- with in order to prove something else? If there are other factors or exceptions, you can't assume the +/- is the causal factor.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

Mood

The stat alone doesn't care, it is just data. It's the INTERPRETATION that often assumes correlation is causation.
    I realize that, Bill. Pardon me for not being more specific, but I would have hoped my meaning was understood all the same.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So you are saying the ONLY reason they won those games under Frank is because he played Tyler?

Please repeat after me:

Is Tyler the only reason why that number switched? No, but Tyler is a pretty damn good representative of the changes Frank made.

Or do we already forget "We have to change the identity of this team. Drastically."

And then how he went on about how he wanted to play "smashmouth" basketball, and how the team "doesn't take bad shots anymore."

I could keep going, but clearly it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Is Tyler the only reason why that number switched? No, but Tyler is a pretty damn good representative of the changes Frank made.

Or do we already forget "We have to change the identity of this team. Drastically."

And then how he went on about how he wanted to play "smashmouth" basketball, and how the team "doesn't take bad shots anymore."

I could keep going, but clearly it's pointless.
    You are fine by saying it is one example of many that prove what the changes were. That's valid.

The post I was replying to used it as the ONLY statement, as if that IN AND OF ITSELF was sufficient to prove the point. "Tyler has averaged" more under Vogel, "The result?" the better record. Can't get more definite about relying on a single example than that.

I'm not even trying to debate the overall issue with this response, just wishing people would realize that nothing stands alone, not even their personal favorite stat.

Clearly the team has done better, but if it was due to one (or even two or three) things to the exclusion of everything else, the job of coaching a team would be easy.
    BillS

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    You're the one still worried about firing a man with no job. Honestly anyone who is still rocking that mood has an opinion that has 0 value to me. Only children, the unfortunate, and those with nothing to say resort to name calling.
    It gets tiring to repeat this, but some of the PacerDigest accounts cannot change the mood setting. It must be some of the older accounts because BBall and a few others cannot change their mood settings. Shade actually changed mine to what it is...so you can take that up with him. I PM'ed him, but haven't heard anything yet.

Perhaps it's all a cruel joke. In any event, it's not the worst mood to be chained to. If I do get hold of Shade, I'll ask about an insane mood for you. I kid, I kid...

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Do it and close the thread, then you win. Like you did in the last person to post in this thread wins thread, which was quite funny btw.

Plus you should do it as I believe we are on the same page so if you win, I win

Hicks is winning. No he is bi-winning. Go get ya some Tiger Blood.

Please repeat after me:

No need to get your panties in a knot. Tyler is just the prime example of the change in strategy...one that works better not just for the team but several of the individual players. If you don't believe me, just ask the players quoted in my sig. I suspect the entire team along with Slick and Mark agree with me...