Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

I would like for Josh to come back, I'm just not sure what could be worse? Reading Seth's,MR or BWD posts telling us how amazing Josh is and everybody else sucks or reading Seth's,MR or BWD posts telling us how amazing Josh is in another team and how stupid the Pacers are for letting him go.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks View Post
      First of all, "Tosh" is the correct answer...

Lastly, on comparing the two, Tyler is clearly busting his *** to be an overachiever, and sometimes Josh comes across as an underachiever because the talent is clearly there to be quite good, and sometimes he looks like he is coasting by his higher standards that his body/talent demands.

I think that's another reason some like Tyler better. If both are B grade power forwards, you sense that Tyler is killing himself to turn his C- natural ability into a B level guy, but with Josh it's like an A level natural ability that he has yet to consistently live up to.
      Thanks. Very well stated.... no EXTREMELY well stated.

I don't think anyone would argue with a statement that Josh is the more graceful athlete. Things that he is able to do athletically are made to look easy. It is easy to see that he has a very decent bball IQ just from acknowledging the vision he has in support of his passing abilities.

I've never doubted that Josh's motor is just as high as Tyler's... it's just that it is easier to acknowledge Tyler's motor because his game is so physical... it usually involves bodies moving all over the place near the basket. On the other hand, Josh's game does not usually involve nearly as much contact.

I would love to see it all come together on a consistent basis for Josh... game after game after game.

If we were able to get consistency out of both players, then certainly from an offensive standpoint there would be no need to look at other PFs. Over time, it could then be determined whether there was enough collective defensive improvement in the three players (Roy, Tyler, Josh) to warrant not having to spend big dollars for a defensive upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by vnzla81 View Post
        I would like for Josh to come back, I'm just not sure what could be worse? Reading Seth's,MR or BWD posts telling us how amazing Josh is and everybody else sucks or reading Seth's,MR or BWD posts telling us how amazing Josh is in another team and how stupid the Pacers are for letting him go.
        I was going to ignore your comment earlier, just like I'm close to making you the first and only poster on my ignore list. However, since you keep calling me out by name, I feel the need to respond.

Find some of my posts where I am "telling us how great he is while trashing the other players and specially the one that Mcbob lost his starting spot to?" I have said many, many times, when Josh was starting, when Tyler started, when Josh started again, and now that Tyler is starting again, that it doesn't matter who starts. They are interchangeable pieces. Pieces that fit together differently with the other parts, but individually they are interchangeable, even though they both offer different advantages and disadvantages from the other.

Find some of my posts where "tell you how amazing Josh is." Find some of my posts where I "tell you everybody else sucks." Find some of my posts where I "tell you how amazing Josh is in another team and how stupid the Pacers are for letting him go."

These posts that you are referencing do not exist.

Josh has had a good couple of games, and is due to have a bad one. Just like Tyler had a good stretch of games and was due for a bad stretch. That's all I ever said.

Stop making this whole debate into something that it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by McKeyFan View Post
          I don't think Danny and Tyler should be on the floor together as much. We need them both to be the go-to scorers when in the game.

Interesting, Vogel is actually addressing that somewhat by pulling Danny early and reinserting him earlier in the second quarter.

But starting those two doesn't work that well, in my opinion.
          I actually like having both of them on the floor at the same time. Because of the attention that he SOMETIMES garners on the defensive end....it does relieve some of the pressure that other Teams put on Granger. IMHO....the offense is really efficient when Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert are "on" when it comes to scoring....it makes it that much harder for the other Team to defend everyone. Especially when it comes to Granger's game....he's a more efficient scorer when the primary focus of the defense isn't placed entirely on him. When McBob is on the floor with him......it allows the opposing Team to leave him alone on the defensive end so that they can focus more on Hibbert and Granger.

Besides, I like McBob and Dunleavy on the floor at the same time.
          Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by BKK View Post
            I am 50/50 on moving BRush in the offseason too especially in this case where Mike is retained as a backup 3. BRush will compensate Mike's weaknesses on defense and vice versa on offense... My only problem with this (and that also applies to a certain extent to the starting lineup) is that we would lack a true slasher. That's why I'd like a Mayo type of player. If he can be had for a 1st of Rush we'd have more stability and true talent at the 2 position (I mean true as an authentic 2, not a combo 2-3). Anyway I like what Mike brings to the floor but you have to pair him with a good defender be it Rush, George or DJones.
            BRush is a conundrum wrapped in a riddle and covered in nougat.....half the time..when he plays like the way that he's been playing over the last couple of games.....I ( and probably half the forum ) doesn't want him moved....then the other half of him that disappears for games on end decides to show up and the entire forum wants him gone.

I really have no clue on what to do with BRush. I guess it all comes down to who we can get in the offseason. If we can get a very solid starting SG ( like Mayo or JRich ), then I'd miss Dunleavy's ball movement but I'd be okay with seeing him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks View Post
              First of all, "Tosh" is the correct answer.

But to the question of why Josh isn't more well liked, I can't claim to know why for anyone besides myself.

My guess is some people aren't big fans of his unique style, and perhaps for others it's some lingering bias from Josh's HS and/or college days.

For me, it's a little bit of the former, except on nights like last night when, along with his usual game, he's also attacking a bit and really eating the glass. When he does those things along with his usual game, I love him.

That aside, the pro-Josh/anti-Tyler commentary dampens my enthusiasm sometimes. But I realize that's not Josh's fault.

Lastly, on comparing the two, Tyler is clearly busting his *** to be an overachiever, and sometimes Josh comes across as an underachiever because the talent is clearly there to be quite good, and sometimes he looks like he is coasting, by the higher standards that his body/talent demands.

I think that's another reason some like Tyler better. If both are B grade power forwards, you sense that Tyler is killing himself to turn his C- natural ability into a B level guy, but with Josh it's like an A level natural ability that he has yet to consistently live up to.
              As you said...it's not that there is any anti-McBob hate out there...it's more that IMHO there are 2 camps...those that LOVE McBob and think he's the greatest thing since slice bread.....and then there are those that likes McBob but doesn't think that he's just another athletic backup PF with some solid passing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
                I was going to ignore your comment earlier, just like I'm close to making you the first and only poster on my ignore list. However, since you keep calling me out by name, I feel the need to respond.

Find some of my posts where I am "telling us how great he is while trashing the other players and specially the one that Mcbob lost his starting spot to?" I have said many, many times, when Josh was starting, when Tyler started, when Josh started again, and now that Tyler is starting again, that it doesn't matter who starts. They are interchangeable pieces. Pieces that fit together differently with the other parts, but individually they are interchangeable, even though they both offer different advantages and disadvantages from the other.

These posts that you are referencing do not exist.
                I think you need to take a chill pill, what happen with the "this is just an Internet forum and I don't get upset about it"?
                Do you really want me to find a post about every single comment you and the other guys make? You don't say that the other players suck exactly but you trash Danny any time you have a chance, you do the same thing with DC(I agree with you about DC) I think I'm going to stop calling your name, I didn't know you would get this upset, sorry for that.
                @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

Originally posted by CableKC View Post
                  I actually like having both of them on the floor at the same time. Because of the attention that he SOMETIMES garners on the defensive end....it does relieve some of the pressure that other Teams put on Granger. IMHO....the offense is really efficient when Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert are "on" when it comes to scoring....it makes it that much harder for the other Team to defend everyone. Especially when it comes to Granger's game....he's a more efficient scorer when the primary focus of the defense isn't placed entirely on him. When McBob is on the floor with him......it allows the opposing Team to leave him alone on the defensive end so that they can focus more on Hibbert and Granger.
                  The problem is that they are almost never "on" when they are playing together.

http://www.82games.com/1011/1011IND2.HTM

3 of our 20 most used lineups include a frontcourt of Granger, Hansbrough, and Hibbert.

Group 1: They've played 152.1 minutes paired with Collison and Dunleavy. That group scores 1.02 per possession and allows 0.98.

Group 2: They've played 66.0 minutes paired with Collison and Rush. That group scores 1.05 per possession and allows 1.08.

Group 3: They've played 63.4 minutes paired with Collison and George. That group (our current startering lineup) scores just 0.90 points per possession and allows a whopping 1.31

Exchanging Tyler for Josh has done the following:

Group 1: 439.2 minutes scoring 1.14 points per possession allowing 0.99. (By far our best group and also the most minutes. In fact, this group is schockingly among the best in the league.)

Group 2: 198.2 minutes scoring 1.03 and allowing 1.13 per possession.

Group 3: 41.4 minutes scoring 1.09 and allowing 1.16.

So while in theory we should be able to score more efficiently with Danny, Tyler, and Roy all "on", it has not worked in practice. Mostly because they can't all be "on" at the same time. In every group the offense has been more efficient with Josh between Danny and Roy than it has with Tyler.
                  "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

Anyone else find it funny that everyone say's we're all in agreement about Tyler and Josh but how it turns into an argument every freaking opportunity?

If we're in agreement, then the damn discussion shouldn't be taking place every other day.

Moving on........

I really liked Roy tonight, although he didn't have many FGA. What I really liked seeing is when he caught the ball of the left block and identified that Rip was going to be coming down and doubling when he put the ball on the floor. Roy then took one dribble towards the help and then quickly spun baseline for the bucket.

Great recognition by Roy.
                    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Comment

"Tosh.Board" or "Tosh.Nasty" or "Daniel McHansdunk"
                      "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Comment

Originally posted by vnzla81 View Post
                        I think you need to take a chill pill, what happen with the "this is just an Internet forum and I don't get upset about it"?
                        Do you really want me to find a post about every single comment you and the other guys make? You don't say that the other players suck exactly but you trash Danny any time you have a chance, you do the same thing with DC(I agree with you about DC) I think I'm going to stop calling your name, I didn't know you would get this upset, sorry for that.
                        I am not upset about it, but I would like you to find an example of these posts you are referencing.

Comment

I actually thought Josh had a better game against Boston.

Here's Seth's point..Josh was very good tonight, and very good last night. In fact, despite not having equal stats (because they are different players) Josh has played the last two games as well as Tyler has played in his stretch..and yet..there are no "Josh could be a future all star" posts. There are no "Josh is definitely the best PF on the team" nor are there any "Josh is the answer at PF" posts.

As a fan of Josh, I'm sure that's annoying. Like he's being slighted.

Here's the thing that Josh's fans miss, imo. The other PF is Tyler F'ing Hansbrough. You know, possibly best college career ever Tyler F'ing Hansbrough. Of course Tyler is going to have a ton more fans. Of course people are going to project that he'll be a great player, over someone like Josh. Who really wasn't all that well known. (I definitely didn't know him until I started watching the Pacers. Although, I personally like Josh and Tyler equally. And I think they are about the same level player.)

Personally, I think the problem with the starting lineup, is that the guys who are supposed to score (DC, Hibbert, Roy) aren't consistent. So you almost need another option like Hans, because we don't have a SG that can score a ton. (Unless we put Dun out there..but then defense should be fun..) The problem then becomes that the ball doesn't move very much (The difference last night, between the second unit's ball movement and the first unit's ball movement was striking. Particularly when it was Second unit + Roy..which will actually probably become a really interesting unit for us.) And the second unit doesn't have a scoring threat in the post.

So I'm not sure that I buy that it doesn't matter which of the two starts. But I'm not sure which of the two should start. I will say, so long as the starting lineup doesn't dig too big of a hole (or the second unit...which because there is no scoring threat in the post..probably will happen because..as we've seen..Price, Dun, and Rush are capable of all going cold at the same time) Vogel plays whichever one is playing well, the most minutes.
                          Last edited by Sookie; 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Pacero View Post
                            Haha, this was a great story. You guys had a unique dissonant arrangement to change it up for once. Nice job and funny stuff.
                            My dad actually wrote that arrangement haha another fun fact for ya

Comment

Originally posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
                              The problem is that they are almost never "on" when they are playing together.

http://www.82games.com/1011/1011IND2.HTM

3 of our 20 most used lineups include a frontcourt of Granger, Hansbrough, and Hibbert.

Group 1: They've played 152.1 minutes paired with Collison and Dunleavy. That group scores 1.02 per possession and allows 0.98.

Group 2: They've played 66.0 minutes paired with Collison and Rush. That group scores 1.05 per possession and allows 1.08.

Group 3: They've played 63.4 minutes paired with Collison and George. That group (our current startering lineup) scores just 0.90 points per possession and allows a whopping 1.31

Exchanging Tyler for Josh has done the following:

Group 1: 439.2 minutes scoring 1.14 points per possession allowing 0.99. (By far our best group and also the most minutes. In fact, this group is schockingly among the best in the league.)

Group 2: 198.2 minutes scoring 1.03 and allowing 1.13 per possession.

Group 3: 41.4 minutes scoring 1.09 and allowing 1.16.

So while in theory we should be able to score more efficiently with Danny, Tyler, and Roy all "on", it has not worked in practice. Mostly because they can't all be "on" at the same time. In every group the offense has been more efficient with Josh between Danny and Roy than it has with Tyler.
                              What stood out to me from those numbers is how shockingly effective Dunleavy at SG is compared to Rush or George.

Usual caveat for 5-man +/- is the sample size of course. Still, those 100+ minute lineups seem pretty compelling to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wintermute View Post
                                What stood out to me from those numbers is how shockingly effective Dunleavy at SG is compared to Rush or George.

Usual caveat for 5-man +/- is the sample size of course. Still, those 100+ minute lineups seem pretty compelling to me.
                                Absolutely.

Dunleavy has easily been one of the most efficient Pacers this season. Considering the amount of minutes he's played I would say he's been the most efficient Pacer.

Of the players who have have played more than 30% of the available minutes his efficiency is right near the top.

McRoberts has played 39% of the minutes and we score 1.08 and allow 1.05 points per possession with him on the floor.

Dunleavy has played 52% of the minutes and we score 1.07 and allow 1.05 points per possession with him on the floor.

Unfortunately those are the only two who are net positives while hitting the 30% minute threshold. Foster, Price, D. Jones, and Stephenson are also positive but haven't played enough.

Granger has played 72% of the minutes and we score 1.06 and allow 1.07 points per possession with him on the floor.

Hibbert has played 57% of the minutes we score 1.05 and allow 1.06 points per possession with him on the floor.

Hansbrough has played 31% of the minutes and we score 1.05 and allow 1.08 points per possession with him on the floor.

Collison has played 59% of the minutes and we score 1.06 and allow 1.09 points per possession with him on the floor.

Rush has played 43% of the minutes and we score 1.04 and allow 1.09 points per possession with him on the floor.

George (Off. 1.06 Def. 1.09), Ford, Posey, and S. Jones are also net negatives but they haven't played 30% of the minutes. Though George at 26% could potentially reach that mark by the end of the year.

It is almost sad how poor Rush has been. It certainly seems like we should be a better team with Rush (or George) on the floor than with Dunleavy. Unfortunately, that has been far from the case.
                                Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM.
                                "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

Working...
                                X