Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

Banned

Default Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

Nice way of taking care of business and beat the crappy team the Pistons are, MVP of the game for Mcbob.

Go Pacers
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-30-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: H

Great effort by the team! Got sloppy at the end, but that second and third quarter run was just fun to watch...
    Last edited by pianoman; 03-30-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Banned

Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

Q.T. 3.14159265

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Started to look a little ugly in the 4th, but a win is a win. Good to see JMac have a good game.

Banned

So we got six games left right?

His outside shot still leaves much to be desired, but I thought PG played better tonight than he has in recent games.

Sports Logo

Good W but I'm kinda surprised it ended this close. But that's a W.
    Josh and DC had an outstanding game. I just hope DC keeps playing like this and not regress like he did earlier in the season. I also think AJ and Foster were both great off the bench.
    Glad Roy didn't get seriously injured, he didn't fall really well.
    And looks like March is finally over, and hopefully Granger's horrible slump ends with it. 18.9 ppg, 37% from the field, 34% from 3... If you've watched this game you have probably seen it as well, he missed jumpers, airballed a wideeeeee open three... We can't have him like this in the playoffs

Mood

Sports Logo

I loved this game. It looked like everyone was giving effort out there (at least until the 4Q run by the Pistons), so that was nice. Josh McRoberts picked up a career-high 13 rebounds with 15 points, which was great. Would have been nice to see him pick up 6 more points for a career high there, too, but no greed necessary.

Josh had a couple dunks, one of them a sweet putback, and I heard Paul had a "sick alley-oop", so I'm hoping to find footage of any and all of them to post.

And despite all of my aforementioned hatred for Mike Dunleavy, it was actually nice to see him back on the court, until he started bricking shots in the second half. But his movement is incredibly encouraging, and his moderate veteranship is worth having.

I'm really excited for the playoffs this year, guys. We could actually do well.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

*Awaits for half of Pacers Digest to get on and blame the 4th quarter on Darren Collison, even though he sat on the bench*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Great game by McRoberts! PG looked real good as well. Collison seemed like he was on mission. Nice win.

Some interesting stats of the night:

- Danny had a little subpar shooting tonight, but he has been active in getting steals. 4 steals tonight. I've seen him use his length recently to get steals. Hopefully he can continue this.

- Tyler had recently been on an offensive slump. But lately he's starting to pass more to get assists. A little improvced offensive awareness perhaps?

- DC carried the team offensively, which is a good sign that he's getting his shots on the past 2 games. Although a little wierd that he only got 3 assists. If he's getting his shots I guess we can take that his assists usually drop.

- JMac has a back-to-back good games. Co-best player of the game together with DC. 15 points, 13 rebounds. Nice. Hopefully he'll be scoring well off the bench on a consistent basis (it's been the problem of the bench as of late).

Really wish the Bobcats would have lost tonight. Friday is super important! We play the Bucks, and the Bobcats play at Orlando.

A win puts us up 4 on the Bucks with 5 to play and we have the tiebreaker. A win and loss by the Bobcats puts us up 2 on them with 5 to play and a tiebreaker over them as well.

A loss and Bucks are only down 2 with the tiebreaker over us. Bobcats win and we're tied... with tiebreaker, loss and Bobcats loss and still up a game.

nail biting

Probably Josh's best game in his career.

He was all over the boards and boxing out.

Good all around team game tonight. Lets keep that going.

Mike's offensive game was definitely missed.

We must play our absolute best Friday night. Luckily, the Bobcats have the Magic who have done pretty well.

It was great to see DC playing with purpose.

Josh played amazing.

I haven't been a Mike D fan in the past, but I am now. We really missed him and the second he entered the game the offense ran so much better.

Mcbob looked like a mix fosters hustle and joshs athletic ability.

I hope Josh is here for a long time. I don't want O.J. Mayo.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MaHa3000 For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Probably Josh's best game in his career.
    My problem with this is that it tells me quite a bit why people underrate Josh. Short term memory.

How about 14/12/2 with 2 blocks and 1 steal on 7-15 shooting vs the Wiz.

Oh, about how about the irrelevent game vs the Lakers
    15/4/1 with 2 steals on 7 of 12 shooting

18/12/1 with a block and 2 steals on 8 of 9 vs Houston

I've got him at 8 five assist games this year, with a 6 and a 7 night in that list.

The Boston game a few weeks ago he was 14/11/3 with 1 block on 6 of 10

Win vs Chicago 20/8/0 with 2 blocks and 1 assist on 8 of 11 and all anyone noticed was him getting dunked on, which was not too bad IMO since he actually challenged the shot rather than hiding like a punk.

12/9/7 vs Charlotte gets him in range of a triple double.

He was 15/12/3 with 2 steals on 7 of 8 @ DETROIT in mid FEB. So the same kind of night against the same team.

But tonight he really showed something or maybe had his best game yet or a breakout game or whatever.

Sheesh. There is a reason I have a chip about this, it's getting old having people keep rediscovering the Josh is a pretty solid NBA player and capable of impacting games in a multitude of ways.

He doesn't have huge stats and doesn't typically walk away with double digit rebounds. But most nights you are at least going to get the assists or the rebounds or some points or a few blocks or steals. It's rare that he leaves the team empty.

You run him out for 20-30 minutes and you are going to be glad you did most nights.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

the game was over when monroe checked out and maxiell checked in. Between Maxiell and CV, there was just no chance of ever getting a rebound against McRoberts and Foster.

Nice adjustment to put Collison on Hamilton. It limited the damage he gave up and allowed him to play freer on offense.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    My problem with this is that it tells me quite a bit why people underrate Josh. Short term memory.

I've got him at 8 five assist games this year, with a 6 and a 7 night in that list.

Win vs Chicago 20/8/0 with 2 blocks and 1 assist on 8 of 11 and all anyone noticed was him getting dunked on, which was not too bad IMO since he actually challenged the shot rather than hiding like a punk.

He was 15/12/3 with 2 steals on 7 of 8 @ DETROIT in mid FEB. So the same kind of night against the same team.

But tonight he really showed something or maybe had his best game yet or a breakout game or whatever.

Sheesh. There is a reason I have a chip about this, it's getting old having people keep rediscovering the Josh is a pretty solid NBA player and capable of impacting games in a multitude of ways.

He doesn't have huge stats and doesn't typically walk away with double digit rebounds. But most nights you are at least going to get the assists or the rebounds or some points or a few blocks or steals. It's rare that he leaves the team empty.

You run him out for 20-30 minutes and you are going to be glad you did most nights.
    I don't underrate Josh.

As far as rebounding/being active on the boards, this was his best game.

Yes he tied his career high of 12 boards, but 7 of them were offensive.

He's a hard working player who's solid and makes a strong presense every time he's out there whether he's scoring/rebounding or not, he's always out there bringing his energy.

It's also good to have him always stepping up if Tyler is having an off game like tonight.

I would like for Josh to remain here, but going back to that deadline deal, I'd still like for us to go after Mayo.

Banned

I'm sorry Seth but the sample is not enough to make any conclusions, we need to see this for at least 30+ games and playing againts good teams not Detroit or Washington. Don't get me wrong nice and game an all but I need to see more and he needs to stop making stupid turnovers thinking he is playing the Washington generals.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-30-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Hey guys, just a cool experience from the game tonight. My choir (Liberty Christian School HS Choir) sang the national anthem for the game tonight, and while we were lined up on the court the players were still warming up. So i jokingly asked AJ Price to toss me the ball so I could shoot a three, and he really threw it to me! Haha so i took a quick dribble, and shot a three... and drained it! haha nothin but net. So all the players were screamin and givin me high fives, and throughout the game AJ would talk to me and when he hit a three we pointed at each other haha.

Just wanted to share this with you guys. Pretty neat experience for a crazzzy big Pacer fan like me!

Go Pacers!

26. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to thatch3232 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Even when people say something nice you have to get on your soapbox and scream his praises. You act like this was an egregious statement. The guy said "probably" and didn't ever insinuate that McRoberts hadn't had other good games. Relax.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I'd just like to see Josh get alittle more physical on the Defensive end. He does not protect the paint very will for somebody with his size and athletic ability.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Good game from the team. We let up at the end, I think they all got passive, and it's pretty typical for a team to make a little run, but overall..it was essentially a blowout.

Really nice to see DC get his scoring touch back. Hopefully it continues.

Second unit will be interesting once they gell. Might still be too much perimeter offense, but the ball movement should be fantastic. (And it was at points tonight)
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-30-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Really wish the Bobcats would have lost tonight. Friday is super important! We play the Bucks, and the Bobcats play at Orlando.

A win puts us up 4 on the Bucks with 5 to play and we have the tiebreaker.
    Hmm... really? My calculations are that a Pacers win Friday puts Milwaukee out of the race. Let me go check.

EDIT: Whoops. I somehow thought that they only had six games left. With 8, their magic number is 5. But a win Friday is still worth 3 magic number points.
    Last edited by Anthem; 03-30-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!