Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: How Important is tonights game?

  1. #1
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default How Important is tonights game?

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Gettin paid in the shade HoopMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Very important! We need to win 4 out of the last 7 games. The biggest games being Milwaukee and New York.

  3. #3
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,169

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Must win. Both the Bobcats and Bucks have games they're expected to win. We have to beat the teams we're suppose to be from here on out, with only 7 games left, there's really no room for error, and we can no longer count on the Bobcats and Bucks losing

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    It is really a must win. If we look at the team standings, both Indiana and Charlotte have 42 losses. If we lose the next game, then that is trouble for the Pacers because they will now depend on the Bobcats losing their next game, which is troubloesome right now because they are on a winning streak. Right now we have the lead because we have played more than them. We should not depend on the Bobcats losing to make the playoffs. The Pacers must depend on themselves to reach the playoffs by winning most, if not all, of the remaining games.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    So important it needs two threads

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    More important than Game 6 of the 2000 Eastern Conference Finals.

  10. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    It would be nice to get a "W", but the game is not a must win. Detroit has played the Pacers very well all season. They may just have Indy's number this year and beat them 3 out of 4.

    I am not worried about the Bucks. I am not worried about Charlotte. Only Indy can eliminate itself from the playoffs & I believe the Pacers are playoff bound.

  11. #8
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Bucks game Friday is the biggest game of the year. CHA plays Orlando that night. If you beat the Bucks, even if you tread water tonight, you'll go into Sundays game with 5 games left and a 4 game lead on the Bucks (3 plus the division tie breaker) and a 2 game lead on CHA (1, plus the tie breaker).

    If you win tonight, its a big step, if you win Friday, you'll essentially eliminate Milwaukee, completely.

    Friday is the first HUGE game for the Pacers in April in several years.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Member Thoreau87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So important it needs two threads
    +1

    Lets win this one and inch closer to the Knicks. Our playoff road as a 7th seed is much more appealing IMO. Boston's looking old (even for them) as of late and should have chemistry issues trying to incorpate Shaq and JO. Looking at the 2nd round we match up well against the Heat. Mostly because their bench has to be one of the weakest I can remember...

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoreau87 For This Useful Post:


  15. #10

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More important than Game 6 of the 2000 Eastern Conference Finals.
    I wouldn't go that far, but this game is very important for reasons already mentioned above.

    Pacers can no longer count on those teams immediately below them to lose and retain their 8th seed standing. They must win atleast 7 of their remaining games and hope the Bobcats and Bucks lose a few in order to secure the 8th seed. Anything less puts their playoff hopes in jeapordy.

  16. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't go that far, but this game is very important for reasons already mentioned above.

    Pacers can no longer count on those teams immediately below them to lose and retain their 8th seed standing. They must win atleast 7 of their remaining games and hope the Bobcats and Bucks lose a few in order to secure the 8th seed. Anything less puts their playoff hopes in jeapordy.

    Yep, 7 wins would do it all right. (you do realize we only have 7 games left)

  17. #12
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    They're all very important.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Here's a very good breakdown of the Pistons/Pacers game tonight. There are a few interesting stats regarding the Pacers that were new to me.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2011033011

    According to the article, the Pacers are 0-22 when they score less than 92 points.

    If the Pacers don't score or shoot the ball well they most likely will lose again tonight. They need the starters to play well and score early and often.

    Limiting turnovers and moving the ball around to get easy shots (assists) will be a key to victory not just tonight but in each of their remaining 7 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the Pacers are 0-22 when they score less than 92 points.
    That is a crazy stat!!!!!

    That puts them at 33-20 when scoring over 92 points.

    Shows how scoring impacts the rest of their game, I think. Makes me want defenders even more. Guys who will bring it rather they get to do the fun stuff or not.

  22. #15
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't go that far, but this game is very important for reasons already mentioned above.
    Your Sarcasmometer is obviously malfunctioning.

  23. #16
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    How much smack is Tayshaun going to talk with his Kentucky Wildcats still in the dance?

  24. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a crazy stat!!!!!

    That puts them at 33-20 when scoring over 92 points.

    Shows how scoring impacts the rest of their game, I think. Makes me want defenders even more. Guys who will bring it rather they get to do the fun stuff or not.

    That supports my previously unproven theory that the Pacers really, really, strugle against teams that play very well defensively. (yes I know we just beat the Celtics and Bulls, but they didn;t play defense very well in those games)

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,178
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That supports my previously unproven theory that the Pacers really, really, strugle against teams that play very well defensively. (yes I know we just beat the Celtics and Bulls, but they didn;t play defense very well in those games)
    I thought that was the objective of playing defense. It makes the game harder for the other team. Am I missing something here.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  27. #19
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    I'm going to take a guess and say that EVERY remaining game until we reach 82 total is important. Besides draft position (which, at this point, doesn't matter), there is no reason why every last game shouldn't be must-win. We have to keep ahead of the Bobcats and Bucks, and in the rare case that either of them get hot, we need to have plenty of buffer to keep ourselves in the race.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  28. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought that was the objective of playing defense. It makes the game harder for the other team. Am I missing something here.

    True. But is seems to me that other teams at our level can fight through an opponents great defense better than we can - either they play defense really well themselves and win the 85-82 game or they find a way. Pacers it seems to me crumble under the defensive pressure and it affects their own defense.

    Maybe I'm wrong

  30. #21
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Our season has been one of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows...

    A win tonight will show that our guys actually MEAN it when they say that we need to be more consistent and play better against opponents of ALL types.

    We cannot afford another low this season, last week's losses almost did us in... Can't happen again.

    We don't need to win out, but we certainly cannot drop more than a 2-3 at MOST.

    Very, VERY important game tonight. For both our standings positioning and our confidence as a team looking to make the playoffs together for the first time.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  31. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,023

    Default Re: How Important is tonights game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. But is seems to me that other teams at our level can fight through an opponents great defense better than we can - either they play defense really well themselves and win the 85-82 game or they find a way. Pacers it seems to me crumble under the defensive pressure and it affects their own defense.

    Maybe I'm wrong
    I don't think you are wrong, but I do think that being able to match the other teams defense would go further to winning those games, and more games in general, than having an offense that crumbles.

Similar Threads

  1. Good Column by Bill Simmons
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 09:36 AM
  2. SportsGuy's Game 3 Diary
    By PacersFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 10:16 AM
  3. 5/30/2004 ECF Playoff Game Thread: Pistons at Pacers (Game 5)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 11:07 PM
  4. Game One coverage from the Miami Herald.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 05:47 PM
  5. Boston Globe Coverage of Game Two.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •