Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Boston postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Boston postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well this is a nice distraction from the D.West argument! GO Pacers!

Getting the next 2 will pretty much seal the deal for us.
    Nope! Haven't you learned anything about this team. The playoff race is going down to the wire.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It was nice to beat the green guys, but I think there's a disconnect on this board between what is expected from the point guard position.

Just as TJ Ford can take over during the latter stages of games, Collison can have very good offensive games. They can impress some people with that. The rest of us expect the point guard to either defend at a high level and consistently shoot from the perimeter when needed OR to distribute the ball and make his team mates better. Not just a little better, but a lot better.

So, the expectation is that the point guard is a threat with the ball in his hands. Not a threat to shoot it as much as pass it. Until DC becomes that type of PG, he will need to perform at this level and higher on a consistent basis to impress many of us.
    Great post BNG, thanks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Are you serious? Rondo is one of the best defensive PGs in the league. Period. The fact that Rondo looks to pass doesn't help AJ or DC on the offensive end..

They do have to do it more often. That's called being consistent. It's something veteran players do a lot better than younger players.
    Rondo is the best pg in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Part of it is Frank's fault. Frank seems to think Danny is a great ISO option, especially vs smaller players, but he is not. It almost always ends up in a turnover unless he gets a lucky fadeaway jumpshot to go.
    Or you know draw a foul. Which he is doing pretty well at since Vogel took over. His FTA's this month is 7.3 which would be 10th best in the NBA. Last month was 6.4 which would have been 15th best in the NBA. He's 18th best overall and that includes the time in JOB's perimeter shot happy offense.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Can you honestly say Granger played well? Anyone?

I cringed seeing him get off the bench. He's getting singled out for thinking he's Bo Jackson throwing up a stiff arm every time he drives. It is a foul. He should get called for it.
    He didn't play GREAT, true.
    But he did end up 2nd in individual points for us, lead us in assists, maybe even scored the most points for us in the second half. His defense wasn't bad.
    And you describe his play as awful, which is just not true

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    Gonna get bashed on this one, but I want to bring Ron Artest back next season for one reason. To get inside Danny's head that defense wins games. He has been very streaky on the defensive end this year.
    How about we just make Danny practice with the Ron every day during the summer. That way we can avoid Ron ever being a Pacer again and still have him scare the defense back into Danny. If Ron hadn't personally heralded the decline of the Pacers over the last 6 years, I would love to have him.

But **** Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I think so too.

DRose is the best player playing PG, but Rondo, IMO, is the best PG.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    Gonna get bashed on this one, but I want to bring Ron Artest back next season for one reason. To get inside Danny's head that defense wins games. He has been very streaky on the defensive end this year.
    I'd rather bring in a defensive coach such as Mike Brown

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll take Rose, CP3, D.Will, Westbrook over Rondo by a large margin and I like Rondo.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

I think so too.

DRose is the best player playing PG, but Rondo, IMO, is the best PG.
    Ya Drose is so physically gifted but no one sees the floor like Rondo

D. Rose

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Or you know draw a foul. Which he is doing pretty well at since Vogel took over. His FTA's this month is 7.3 which would be 10th best in the NBA. Last month was 6.4 which would have been 15th best in the NBA. He's 18th best overall and that includes the time in JOB's perimeter shot happy offense.
    True, that is nice. We just have so many guys who are bad at playing a team game. Danny sticks out to me lately.

I mean I watch the game and I see him have 6 or 7 plays in a row where he causes turnovers for our team or makes bad defensive plays resulting in a 10 point swing. It drives me nuts. Then, eventually he will hit a contested jumpshot and it's like... We are supposed to cheer?

Foster means so much to this team.
    DG for 3

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

I don't think DC will ever be that type of PG. But the hope, is that he adapts his game a bit to fit that type of PG style, and that as he gets older he is able to play at this level consistency. That's the hope. It's not some people's ideal, but that's the type of PG that he is..and it's obviously the type of PG that the Pacers organization are okay with having, because they traded for him and decided to start him in his second year. And it's been obvious that he's a score first PG since college, this really isn't a shock.

I think people have to also recognize that Vogel wants his PGs to look to score. If it's not obvious enough with the lineups that he throws Price out there with..
    DC is the type of PG we have available, not necessarily the type that the Pacers consider "the answer". He has a shot at being a Tony Parker type of PG...but I don't think he gets close to that. The thin, short SG in a PG body will always have their work cut out. Considering speed is his greatest weapon, he's not likely to age gracefully either.

BTW, Vogel is just doing the best he can with the assets available. He's leveraging their talents and that includes giving DC a green light to shoot. ...and to his credit, DC did a good job of that tonight. If he can become a poor man's Monte Ellis...we will be fortunate. Averaging in the neighborhood of 17ppg on 47 or 48% from the floor would be ok for a point who lacks the traditional PG skills.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    D. Rose
    I mean pure pg. He plays pg like it is suppose to be played and is unreal. Drose is more talented scorer and better player but Rondo's style is what i perfer.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I think we have to lead the league in traveling violations it's getting to the point to where you can call it before it even happens. It's like our players have an idea of what they want to do with the ball and they get that set in their head that that's what they're going to do, and when that doesn't pan out they kind of studder and take that extra step. There was a point in the game where Danny had the ball and I saw Roy down low and before it even happened I told my friend "Watch, Danny is going to drive into the middle with the intention of faking the shot to try and get Roy the easy bucket but before that happens Roy is going to get covered and it's going to cause Danny to travel." Sure enough, that's exactly what happened. My friend thought I was a witch of some sort, but I had seen that happen so many times I just start to expect it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Rose is
    Put Rose on the Celtics ..its game set match
    Sittin on top of the world!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Rose is
    Put Rose on the Celtics ..its game set match
    Rose is the perfect PG for Chicago and Rondo is the perfect PG for Boston, you switch them and Rondo doesn't get as many assist and Rose doesn't get to score as much.

I mean pure pg. He plays pg like it is suppose to be played and is unreal. Drose is more talented scorer and better player but Rondo's style is what i perfer.
    Okay, but what if you were starting a team, all the good big guys are gone and you have the next pick and you need a point guard. Do you pick Rondo.

I think I might pick Rose first in the whole NBA, even over Kobe, Durant, and Lebron.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Okay, but what if you were starting a team, all the good big guys are gone and you have the next pick and you need a point guard. Do you pick Rondo.

I think I might pick Rose first in the whole NBA, even over Kobe, Durant, and Lebron.
    No doubt I would pick Rose if starting a team. But if I need a leader to help a talented team who plays a pure pg Rondo would be my guy. He proablly isnt a top 3 pg but he is the best "pg" in my opinion.

Everything else being the same, if Perkins was still on the Celtics, they beat the pacers tonight and Hibbert's stat line would have been a whole lot different.

I still think that was a stupid decision by Ainge. If they kept perkins the Celtics IMo would have a better record than the Bulls right now and would be the favorites in the east

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

This team gets up for good opponents and underestimates bad ones??? Hard to figure out. Crucial win. Pacer's next two games are must win.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Everything else being the same, if Perkins was still on the Celtics, they beat the pacers tonight and Hibbert's stat line would have been a whole lot different.

I still think that was a stupid decision by Ainge. If they kept perkins the Celtics IMo would have a better record than the Bulls right now and would be the favorites in the east

Perk played in just 12 games for Boston this season and they were at the top of the East all season until just recently. They played just fine without Perk and I have a hard time believing their record would be that much different if he were still there. Their problem more than anything is that it's late March and they are tired of the regular season. Get the playoffs started and they will be completely rejuvenated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

They will have Shaq on the playoffs, at this time of his career he is pretty much like Perkins, like somebody already said he only played 18 games this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Perk played in just 12 games for Boston this season and they were at the top of the East all season until just recently. They played just fine without Perk and I have a hard time believing their record would be that much different if he were still there. Their problem more than anything is that it's late March and they are tired of the regular season. Get the playoffs started and they will be completely rejuvenated.

I get that, but they miss Perkins as much on the court as they miss him as a person off the court. Plus he's the best one-on-one low post defender in the NBA and he and garnett were the best interior defenders as a pair in the NBA

Sure the Celtics will play much better when the playoffs start _ but they will miss Perkins

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: