Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Boston postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Boston postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's feast or famine with this team.

I really don't like Danny Granger's game anymore, he did make a nice pass one time, but he also made so many bad mistakes, something like three traveling calls

He always tries to go one on one, or two, or three cause he thinks he is MJ or something. Danny, you suck at ISO plays. Pass the ball or get a spot up shot.
    Gosh you really hard on Danny, Peirce is a good defender and all of Bostons players have active hands. So you see a Danny Granger trying to do too much, and I see a Danny Granger just being defended well. The travels were really awkward though, but honestly half the time the league does not even call that on both ends of the floor depending on the player. But Danny has been singled out for that and using his forearm too much on the drive. That's the worst thing about the NBA refs, they look for certain things from certain players. So he is gonna have to figure out a new move to implement before the playoffs.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Are you serious? Rondo is one of the best defensive PGs in the league. Period. The fact that Rondo looks to pass doesn't help AJ or DC on the offensive end..

They do have to do it more often. That's called being consistent. It's something veteran players do a lot better than younger players.
    So sorry, did not know you were talking about the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    So sorry, did not know you were talking about the offensive end.
    When talking about Darren Collison..we do not talk about the defensive end of the floor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

sparhawk totally called this one in the last post game thread. like he says we are all witnesses in bizarro world.

roy hibbert is by far our most important player. when he has played well, the pacers have been able to compete with everyone.

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I figured it out, if half of Conseco is wearing a jersey and rooting for the opposing team the Pacers will win!

I guess I'll have to buy a jersey of every other team in the league.

Great Win! Go Pacers!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    roy hibbert is by far our most important player. when he has played well, the pacers have been able to compete with everyone.
    I agree, I just wish he would learn to keep the ball high when he gets fed so close the basket. Even tonight when Paul had that nice pass to him underneath, he brought the ball down so low only to bring it back up to lay it in. If Rondo was on his other hip that would have been an easy steal. 7-2 centers don't need to power dribble! Keep it high, turn and shoot!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

We have

Pistons home
    Bucks home
    Hornets away
    Wizards home
    Hawks home
    Knicks home
    Magic away

Bobcats have

Cavs home
    Magic away
    Wizards home
    Cavs away
    Magic home
    Heat away
    Pistons home
    Nets away
    Hawks home

Looks like we needed our one game lead and tie-breaker. It will be interesting.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Don't forget that is time for the Celtics to take it easy and are getting ready for the playoffs, just look at SA resting everybody.
    San Antonio isn't resting anybody..."everybody" is injured with a few somewhat serious injuries.

It was nice to beat the green guys, but I think there's a disconnect on this board between what is expected from the point guard position.

Just as TJ Ford can take over during the latter stages of games, Collison can have very good offensive games. They can impress some people with that. The rest of us expect the point guard to either defend at a high level and consistently shoot from the perimeter when needed OR to distribute the ball and make his team mates better. Not just a little better, but a lot better.

So, the expectation is that the point guard is a threat with the ball in his hands. Not a threat to shoot it as much as pass it. Until DC becomes that type of PG, he will need to perform at this level and higher on a consistent basis to impress many of us.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's fine bng but it isn't the only way a point guard can play and be effective. I've seen collison do a nice job distributing in many games and he can be a very nice offensive threat.

whether it impresses some people or not PG's are progressively becoming more scoring oriented. It's a league wide trend, and it's not going to stop people from praising darren when he does well, which he did do in crunch time when it counted tonight.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Great game by Roy, Price, Josh, and Rush. Great half a quarter by Collison. He killed us in the first three quarters. I probably wouldn't have put him back in there after the stinker he had going, but it turned out to be a great coaching move by Vogel. I thought Vogel coached an almost perfect game. He rode the hot hands, he made getting it inside a point of emphasis, and he minimized our weaknesses by running the offense through Josh when he was in.

Biggest disappointment? Surprise, surprise...Danny Granger. He is the epitome of a one-dimensional player. Great shooter, nothing else.

Huge win. Gotta hold serve against Detroit on Wednesday, or this one is basically meaningless. Yes Unclebuck, I am aware that the NBA will not force us to vacate tonight's game in the record books if we lose. However, they all count the same, and we gotta be able to beat a bad Pistons team at home.

I don't think we can beat any of the top 3 in a 7 game series, but Boston did us a huge favor by trading Perk. Before I would have said they would easily sweep us. I don't know about that anymore. I'd much rather see Miami or Boston before Chicago. Rose is just too good. We still gotta get in obviously.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

The way Collison and Price played tonight makes you think they must have been reading comments about them of late on PD.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It was nice to beat the green guys, but I think there's a disconnect on this board between what is expected from the point guard position.

Just as TJ Ford can take over during the latter stages of games, Collison can have very good offensive games. They can impress some people with that. The rest of us expect the point guard to either defend at a high level and consistently shoot from the perimeter when needed OR to distribute the ball and make his team mates better. Not just a little better, but a lot better.

So, the expectation is that the point guard is a threat with the ball in his hands. Not a threat to shoot it as much as pass it. Until DC becomes that type of PG, he will need to perform at this level and higher on a consistent basis to impress many of us.

I don't think DC will ever be that type of PG. But the hope, is that he adapts his game a bit to fit that type of PG style, and that as he gets older he is able to play at this level consistency. That's the hope. It's not some people's ideal, but that's the type of PG that he is..and it's obviously the type of PG that the Pacers organization are okay with having, because they traded for him and decided to start him in his second year. And it's been obvious that he's a score first PG since college, this really isn't a shock.

I think people have to also recognize that Vogel wants his PGs to look to score. If it's not obvious enough with the lineups that he throws Price out there with..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Mood

Is KG injured he played like it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Is KG injured he played like it.
    No, just old.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Gosh you really hard on Danny, Peirce is a good defender and all of Bostons players have active hands. So you see a Danny Granger trying to do too much, and I see a Danny Granger just being defended well. The travels were really awkward though, but honestly half the time the league does not even call that on both ends of the floor depending on the player. But Danny has been singled out for that and using his forearm too much on the drive. That's the worst thing about the NBA refs, they look for certain things from certain players. So he is gonna have to figure out a new move to implement before the playoffs.
    Can you honestly say Granger played well? Anyone?

I cringed seeing him get off the bench. He's getting singled out for thinking he's Bo Jackson throwing up a stiff arm every time he drives. It is a foul. He should get called for it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Wow Dwight Howard just picked up another technical that's another suspension for him lol

4^ p4e: someone shot a load on his head in the 3rd, I believe it was...

Part of it is Frank's fault. Frank seems to think Danny is a great ISO option, especially vs smaller players, but he is not. It almost always ends up in a turnover unless he gets a lucky fadeaway jumpshot to go.

bah knicks won.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Part of it is Frank's fault. Frank seems to think Danny is a great ISO option, especially vs smaller players, but he is not. It almost always ends up in a turnover unless he gets a lucky fadeaway jumpshot to go.
    Danny has actually been pretty effective in the post as of late, iso's in there are fine. The problem is when he's isod on the wing, he often turns it over by getting tunnel vision. He's been passing it better though.

does anybody know if the game on wednesday will still be showed on ESPN? I remember supposed to be on there but now it seems like it wont be shown no more

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gonna get bashed on this one, but I want to bring Ron Artest back next season for one reason. To get inside Danny's head that defense wins games. He has been very streaky on the defensive end this year.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Dwight is gonna have to set out his one game suspension for the Hawks that's bad news for the Bobcats when they go face Dwight after his one game suspension in Orlando he's going to destroy Kwame Brown.