Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/Boston postgame thread

Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Boston postgame thread

Here is Josh McRoberts' sweet dish to Dahntay for the dunk:

And here is DC's steal and fastbreak two-handed jam:

Last edited by imbtyler; 03-29-2011 at 03:14 AM.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So Roy referred to the team as "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" twice tonight. Once in the interview with Stacy Paetz immediately after the game, and once in the locker room interview on Pacers.com. Here is the exact quote "My shots were falling tonight and I just kept moving my feet which helped me get open. We must continue to work with each other on defense and help each other out and try to shed this Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde image."

My point is, I think in a weird way this sounds like growth. I think Hibbert calling the team for what it is, is a big step to eliminating the problem. The way games look at times, when they play horribly, can get me wondering if they are even aware of their own madness. Now I know Roy is aware, which means the team is aware, and I believe awareness of ones flaws is the quickest way towards correcting them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Dwight is gonna have to set out his one game suspension for the Hawks that's bad news for the Bobcats when they go face Dwight after his one game suspension in Orlando he's going to destroy Kwame Brown.
    That would have happened....suspension or not.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    The Celtics lost the NBA finals last year because Rondo can't shoot.
    Add in that Perkins was out as well.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    The Celtics lost the NBA finals last year because Rondo can't shoot.
    While that certainly didn't help, in my opinion, the Celtics lost because the "big 3" sh#t the bed. Allen couldn't hit water from a boat all game, and Garnett and Pierce looked scared to death in the 4th. Rondo was forced to take the big shots because Pierce and Garnett completely shut down.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched the game and loved Hibbert, McBob and at-times Collison and Rush, but looking at the box score is what revealed to me how we won this game:

STARTERS+/-
    Danny Granger-7
    Tyler Hansbrough-16
    Roy Hibbert-7
    Darren Collison-12
    Paul George-12

BENCH+/-
    Jeff Foster+13
    Dahntay Jones+14
    A.J. Price+19
    Josh McRoberts+24
    Brandon Rush+19

We out-benched them.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-29-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Rondo is the best pg in the NBA
    Lolz, no.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Btw, Rondo is my favorite PG in the NBA. Rose is an amazing SG in a PG's body, really, but just doesn't play PG the way I prefer it. That team is gonna get roasted in the playoffs when defenses clamp down on Rose and the rest of the team can't do crap. Do-it-all guys and 1-horse teams always fall in the playoffs. Valiant effort, but not conducive to playoff success. Really reminds me of Iverson (without the attitude). When I watch the Bulls, it's all one guy. It seems like 70% of their offense goes through Rose. Fun to watch... but poor guy gonna be disappointed in a few months.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-29-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

As of right now, Shaq and JO have panned out to be pretty worthless signings.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Shaq gets the same salary as Solo, so it's good anyway
    JO on the other hand...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank you Pacers for such an awesome birthday present yesterday. I saw the Celtics on the schedule a while back and thought, well at least they are playing that night. I am glad to get the win. A huge win at that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Btw, Rondo is my favorite PG in the NBA. Rose is an amazing SG in a PG's body, really, but just doesn't play PG the way I prefer it. That team is gonna get roasted in the playoffs when defenses clamp down on Rose and the rest of the team can't do crap. Do-it-all guys and 1-horse teams always fall in the playoffs. Valiant effort, but not conducive to playoff success. Really reminds me of Iverson (without the attitude). When I watch the Bulls, it's all one guy. It seems like 70% of their offense goes through Rose. Fun to watch... but poor guy gonna be disappointed in a few months.
    Wow... I disagree. They play some of the best defense in the entire league. Deng, Boozer, and Noah are all very good defenders. Boozer doesn't block shots and get vertical well, but his strength and rebounding ability offset some of those weaknesses. Deng and Noah are are both top five defenders at their respective positions.

Rose is a PG in a SG's body, actually. He is like 6'5" and quick as hell. He jumps out of the gym. Guys won't be able to defend him because he is AMAZING at passing out of double teams or trouble. I will agree that 70% of the offense goes through Rose, because every possession starts with him. But they don't end with him 70% of the time and I think that is a big distinction. With Rose, he moves the ball a lot more than most point guards who dominate the ball. I think he is the best PG in the league. Right in front of DWill. You can have your turnover machine in Rondo. And your mediocre defender in CP3. I think the Bulls are the best when Rose drives or runs pick and roll to start the possession and he kicks out to the perimeter for three or four quick passes and an easy bucket. If they do that consistently in the playoffs, no one will stop them. The Bulls are set up to be a great playoff team. Excellent interior defense. Ability to score tough buckets in the half court. Post Scoring. Excellent wing defenders. Good outside shooters on the wing. An elite PG. Boozer is a very underrated player in terms of his effectiveness. I consider him to be the perfect veteran presence on a fairly young team overall.

I am not saying I think the Bulls will win it all, but in terms of their composition, they have the key qualities of a championship caliber team. And that is where I disagree with your sentiment.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I watched the game and loved Hibbert, McBob and at-times Collison and Rush, but looking at the box score is what revealed to me how we won this game:

STARTERS+/-
    Danny Granger-7
    Tyler Hansbrough-16
    Roy Hibbert-7
    Darren Collison-12
    Paul George-12

BENCH+/-
    Jeff Foster+13
    Dahntay Jones+14
    A.J. Price+19
    Josh McRoberts+24
    Brandon Rush+19

We out-benched them.
    Didn't Josh finish out the game? At least he did until the final couple minutes, IIRC.

That was a heckuva move by Vogel.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    Wow... I disagree. They play some of the best defense in the entire league. Deng, Boozer, and Noah are all very good defenders. Boozer doesn't block shots and get vertical well, but his strength and rebounding ability offset some of those weaknesses. Deng and Noah are are both top five defenders at their respective positions.

Rose is a PG in a SG's body, actually. He is like 6'5" and quick as hell. He jumps out of the gym. Guys won't be able to defend him because he is AMAZING at passing out of double teams or trouble. I will agree that 70% of the offense goes through Rose, because every possession starts with him. But they don't end with him 70% of the time and I think that is a big distinction. With Rose, he moves the ball a lot more than most point guards who dominate the ball. I think he is the best PG in the league. Right in front of DWill. You can have your turnover machine in Rondo. And your mediocre defender in CP3. I think the Bulls are the best when Rose drives or runs pick and roll to start the possession and he kicks out to the perimeter for three or four quick passes and an easy bucket. If they do that consistently in the playoffs, no one will stop them. The Bulls are set up to be a great playoff team. Excellent interior defense. Ability to score tough buckets in the half court. Post Scoring. Excellent wing defenders. Good outside shooters on the wing. An elite PG. Boozer is a very underrated player in terms of his effectiveness. I consider him to be the perfect veteran presence on a fairly young team overall.

I am not saying I think the Bulls will win it all, but in terms of their composition, they have the key qualities of a championship caliber team. And that is where I disagree with your sentiment.

IMO they have been the best coached team this year.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    They signed thoes two for the Playoffs not the regular season it will be money well spent.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    They signed thoes two for the Playoffs not the regular season it will be money well spent.
    Every fadeaway where JO hits the front of the rim will cost them about $40,000 each.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

24. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seriously, you are comparing D. Rose and Iverson's game? Just because Rose is not a traditional pass first PG, doesn't mean he is not a PG.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Iverson is underrated here. What does rose do as a "point guard" that iverson did not also do? Both dominate the ball and the opportunities they create for their team are born from the attention given by opposing defenses to their penetration.

Iverson actually averaged more assists than rose despite having inferior teamates as a whole (i know they were defensively strong, but they were offensively inept far moreso than chicago outside of iverson).

AI gets underrated largely due to his career coming at just the wrong time for a player of his style. His prime was just before the rules changed that favored quick offensive players and upped their efficiency.

No coincidence that the one year of his prime he did play under those rules (first one in denver) he was far more efficient than the rest of his career.

Now rose has a better attitude than AI, and i'd rather have him for a few reasons, but it's not some laughable proposition to take AI in his prime over current rose, because rose doesn't do much that Iverson didn't also do, whilst being hacked alot more and earning his FT's.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post

It's fine to disagree. I just don't see the Bulls representing the East in the Finals.

Mood

It's fine to disagree. I just don't see the Bulls representing the East in the Finals.
    I don't think they will either. I could see it next year, though. They are built for a run though, especially looking at home court advantage.