Thread: Raptors Julius Wright apologizes for refusing to enter game

Default Raptors Julius Wright apologizes for refusing to enter game

http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/e...=Google+Reader

Wright Apologizes
    Saturday March 26 2011 - 6:25pm Pacific - Los Angeles, CA

Julian Wright has apologized for refusing to go into the game last night … as the Raptors were being blown out by the Golden State Warriors.

With Toronto down by 35+ points for most of the evening, head coach Jay Triano called upon Wright to go into the game late in the contest. But the swingman told the coach that he wouldn’t sub-in. When word of this story leaked out after the final buzzer, there was some talk that Wright may have been sick (he had recently returned from the rest room when Triano called his number) but it turns out the Kansas product’s health had nothing to do with his decision to not enter the game.

Wright addressed the coaches and his teammates in a game-day meeting earlier today. He apologized for his actions but said “everyone understood” his frustration.

“The best way to put it is this was not characteristic of me,” said Wright. “That’s why I think this is (now) a thing of the past.”

Wright, who is the Raptors union rep, wouldn’t say whether or not he regretted his decision, simply saying that things have been handled internally and the team is just going to “finish strong”.

He has not been suspended … he is at the arena and is getting set to get dressed for the game.

Whether or not Wright has been fined by the Raptors is being kept internal as well.

For what it’s worth, a number of Wright’s teammates — especially Reggie Evans — were playfully yelling out some cat-calls at the reporters and offering words of support to Wright as we were chatting with him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Raptors Julius Wright apologizes for refusing to enter game

Void his contract and cut him. Who is Julian Wright first of all? I wish I could just say I am not going in to work and still have a job.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

It's a dream of mine to just sit on the bench for any NBA team, let alone checking in. My team could be down by 200 points, I'd still check in!!! lol

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

I also thought it was interesting that Julian Wright is the team's union rep?? Does anybody know if each team has one person/player representing them, or is it just because the Raptors are located in Canada, and it's basically the same thing that Derek Fisher does as the president of the Players Association--I'm assuming not???

I forgot Julian Wright still played for an NBA team. Seriously though if this is the last year of his contract (and I think it is) he'd be wise to get his act together.