Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 87 of 87

Thread: A.J "Bush League" Price

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Good game for AJ. He hit his shots and played well.

    The Pacers may have the best PG rotation in the league for years' to come if they are able to draft or trade for the correct 1 this offseason. A J Price needed a good game and the Pacers needed a Victory. Mission Accomplished!!

  2. #77
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good game for AJ. He hit his shots and played well.

    The Pacers may have the best PG rotation in the league for years' to come if they are able to draft or trade for the correct 1 this offseason. A J Price needed a good game and the Pacers needed a Victory. Mission Accomplished!!
    Are you kidding me?

  3. #78
    Member Future_NBA_Player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe he is costing the Pacer's W's with his shoot first style and Lance should be put in over him.
    He is a backup point guard. Of course he won't have a pass first mentality. Players who are brought off of the bench are brought in to bring energy, and scoring. I love AJ Price as a backup point guard.





    BTW- Collison was not benched in favor of him. The play before the timeout Darren scored and hurt himself. He was hurting, not being benched...

  4. #79
    Member Future_NBA_Player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AJ Price = vnzla81 new Mike Dunleavy

    what are you going to do when Mike comes back? What about when they are on the court together?
    You won't have to worry. Mike is an expectional passer for a shooting guard. Plus with both players on the court at the same time it will spread the defense and give Roy, Tyler, Josh, and Jeff more room down low. I would actually like to see them together more often, as long as the defense doesn't suffer. Which is a gamble.

  5. #80
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Future_NBA_Player View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW- Collison was not benched in favor of him. The play before the timeout Darren scored and hurt himself. He was hurting, not being benched...
    He was benched against the Pistons, not last night.

  6. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we please kill this thread? Bush league?! R we serious?! The Pacers will have one of, if not the strongest, PG rotations for the next decade if we keep AJ and DC. Can't wait for the AJ for starter threads to pop up in the next couple years.
    This was what I was responding to. I want A J/ D C to be good players, but they have been inconsistent for the most part of the season. I believe PG is the number 1 need for this team in the offseason. Either Draft or trade for 1 or start playing Lance.

  7. #82

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Sookie, can you explain to me why is the guy shooting so much and looking for his shot so much if he is not 100% healthy? Don't you think that if he was hurt he should be more passive on offense and more of a ball distributor than a guy who looks to shot everytime?

    Just look at Tmac as an example, the guy used to be the man few years ago now he knows he is not the same guy, what is he doing now? He is passing the ball and tries to create for others, I don't know but is that too much to ask from your point guard?(either AJ or DC)
    1. It's pretty clear he's being told to shoot. If you didn't get that from what Vogel and AJ have said on the issue.

    2. When he's on the court with Josh, Jeff, Brandon, and Dahntay, who do you think Vogel wants to be the primary scoring threat? Serious question. My guess is Vogel views AJ as either the first or second scoring option. And I think it becomes even more obvious, because his teammates flat out look for him to pass to, when they have the ball.

    He doesn't look to shoot the ball nearly as much when he's on the court with more scorers. That's another pretty clear indication of what's going on. (Yes, he still gets his own shot, but there's a much better balance)

    Now, it worked better last night..mostly because Price was making his shots..but also because there was a lot of ball movement, and AJ ended up getting much better shots.

    I prefer him playing a pass first game too. However, its pretty obvious with the unit that he plays in, that he realistically can't do that and have the second unit compete.

    Notice there wasn't complaints about him during the "goon squad" period. Because he had Hans to pass to. And he typically either gave the ball to Hans or Dahntay every time down the floor. (That is something that has changed, Price looks for Rush now a lot more than he looks for Dahntay)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  9. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,796
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was what I was responding to. I want A J/ D C to be good players, but they have been inconsistent for the most part of the season. I believe PG is the number 1 need for this team in the offseason. Either Draft or trade for 1 or start playing Lance.
    Lance isnt a pg he has pg skills at the SG or SF

  10. #84
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you kidding me?
    It's fun, isn't it.

    It's like those competitions where they have people try to guess if they are talking to a human or a computer. I don't know yet, although I think we can at least rule out Watson.

  11. #85
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a stupid question, but an impossible question to answer. The only time he's run his own offense was with Lebron James, and it's almost assuredly the case that any offense he runs without him would be extremely different.

    If you're any sane coach, you tailor your offense around James. Brown did that. I can't imagine that we can really take away much of any substance from what we saw offensively from Brown's Cleveland teams.

    Right now, we don't have anyone that you need to tailor your offense around, so I'd imagine, if Brown took the job, what we see here wouldn't look anything like what we saw in Cleveland.
    I know some people hate him, some people love him, but I do think JVG has shown "Carlisle" like structure around the bigs and sets that are patient and help the defense out.

    I'm pretty sure JVG wants nothing to do with working for Bird though.


    I would be interested in seeing Laimbeer handle things, but I didn't watch his WNBA squads enough to have any sense for his offensive scheme. He just comes across as a guy that would be focused on structure to me.

  12. #86
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,826
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is AJ's shooting going to improve? He has been the worst shooter by far on the team this year. One game is not going to get my hopes up that suddenly his FG% is on the way up. Isn't he shooting like low 30 percent range for the year?
    AJ is shooting .361 overall and .284 from the 3...as of two games ago.

    Last year, he shot .410 overall, .345 for 3ptrs.

    Oddly enough, considering the thrust of this thread, AJ actually took more shots per minute last year than this year: .410 shots/min as opposed to .399 shots/min. That's about the same drop-off as from the JOB period this year to the Vogel period. More shots/minute under JOB.

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Well, I just saw that Seth covered the numbers on the last page....so. Anyway, I thought the bolded bit above was interesting.
    Last edited by kester99; 03-29-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:


  14. #87

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know some people hate him, some people love him, but I do think JVG has shown "Carlisle" like structure around the bigs and sets that are patient and help the defense out.

    I'm pretty sure JVG wants nothing to do with working for Bird though.


    I would be interested in seeing Laimbeer handle things, but I didn't watch his WNBA squads enough to have any sense for his offensive scheme. He just comes across as a guy that would be focused on structure to me.
    Bill focused much more on defense and rebounding than offense. Oh and being overly rugged (Using the theory that "the refs can't call EVERYTHING)

    He tended to simply build his offense around the strengths of his players. When it was in the post (with Swin Cash, Cheryl Ford and Ruth Riley) it was post focused, when Swin and Cheryl were injured and Ruth got old..it was more guard focused (around Katie Smith and Deanna Nolan)

    You know..typically good coaching adjustment. Interestingly, he didn't really care about having a point guard, and played two shooting guards. He really was much more defensively focused.

    I always liked the idea of Laimbeer because I thought he'd be good for Tyler, Josh, and Roy. And he's got a college coach mentality.

    But now I hesitate. I think Laimbeer would detest a big guy like Josh (finesse), and Roy might not be able to handle him. He'd still be absolutely perfect for Tyler.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-29-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
  2. Though not full strength, Price Pacers' best player thus far
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 07:45 PM
  3. Price ready for second chance
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 06:41 PM
  4. O'Brien talks about Price, PGs
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
  5. A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •