Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87

Thread: A.J "Bush League" Price

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default A.J "Bush League" Price

    Guy is a chucker and streaky one at that. He should be benched for Lance Stepehson immediatley. I am sick of him going down and constantly shooting on offense. If we are going to lose to sub-caliber teams @ least play a PG that looks to pass the ball.

  2. #2

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    And last year we were all begging the coach to play this guy. Now he's getting his PT and we get reactions like this?
    Man, so-called fans are fickle.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brewpopps For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by brewpopps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And last year we were all begging the coach to play this guy. Now he's getting his PT and we get reactions like this?
    Man, so-called fans are fickle.
    I believe he is costing the Pacer's W's with his shoot first style and Lance should be put in over him.

  5. #4
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    AJ is playing absolutely terrible. That's a fact unfortunately.

    And yet, Collison was benched for him last night. That's how bad Collison has been.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by brewpopps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And last year we were all begging the coach to play this guy. Now he's getting his PT and we get reactions like this?
    Man, so-called fans are fickle.
    To be fair, last year he had a different game. And he didn't routinely go 1-7 from the field.

  8. #6
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe he is costing the Pacer's W's with his shoot first style and Lance should be put in over him.
    You think Price is costing this team wins? He is pretty far down the list of guys you should be pointing the finger at.

    There is no question who should be at the top of that list.

    Start with Granger, then work your way down.

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Yes, Granger is to blame that our point guards don't play well. I guess he's the next JOB?
    We didn't lose because of AJ, but he was a big factor.
    I don't think we had a problem at our point guard position all year long, but lately we do.
    DC was undersized and couldn't guard stuckey/evans... and had some shooting difficulties.
    AJ isn't undersized, but doesn't make shots. He's 34% from the field and 26% for 3 for the season. Wow.
    Lance is a rookie, I think he needs to get used to the point guard spot, and honestly, I don't wanna gamble our playoff spot by playing him.
    TJ had his career destroyed by us... I actually think we could have used him. But it's too late now.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by brewpopps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And last year we were all begging the coach to play this guy. Now he's getting his PT and we get reactions like this?
    Man, so-called fans are fickle.
    Is it the same people?

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by brewpopps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And last year we were all begging the coach to play this guy. Now he's getting his PT and we get reactions like this?
    Man, so-called fans are fickle.
    People wanted to see what he could or couldn't do, now we know that he sucks and we need to look for another point guard, that was a huge issue with JOB, he played the veterans so much that we didn't know what we had for the future.

  15. #10

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    The thing is, AJ used to be less of a chucker. Maybe it was seeing him in less minutes. He really took JOB's philosophy to heart, that is for sure.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,421

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People wanted to see what he could or couldn't do, now we know that he sucks and we need to look for another point guard, that was a huge issue with JOB, he played the veterans so much that we didn't know what we had for the future.
    This comment pretty much sums it up. If we wasn't playing for a playoff spot, I would try Lance Stephenson over Price. At this point, I just don't want the chemistry thrown off by inserting a new player.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    I never begged for Price to play, other than a starter, you need to play the player that gives you the best chance of winning on any given night.

    If a backup is having an off night, you likely should dig deeper on the bench for a spark if possible.

    Worked for Detroit with Charlie V. He didn't play until the 4th quarter.

    Even if you look back at the Sacramento game, Dahntay was really the only play with offense going and he played 10 minutes.

    I like that Vogel is trying to stick to specific rotations, but I think the way Jim O'Brien coached with random rotations, has Vogel afraid to make adjustments when needed

  20. #13

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Price didn't even shoot all that much last night.

    It's amazing that people are blaming the backup point guard for losses. Really?

    He didn't do anything wrong last night other than a silly turnover and missing shots in a variety of ways. And yet there's still complaining.

    Why, because people are equating shooting poorly and playing poorly. He's currently redefining shooting slump right now. But last night he was fine everywhere else. That's why he finished the game..

    Also, on a different topic..with he way Dahntay has been losing minutes..I'd guess it's probably him that'll be out of the rotation when Dun returns.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Member CircleCity3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by brewpopps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And last year we were all begging the coach to play this guy. Now he's getting his PT and we get reactions like this?
    Man, so-called fans are fickle.
    Ya we wanted to see if he would produce given minutes and now we all have seem that he doesn't do that
    GO PACERS!!!

    Twitter: @Circlecity3318

  23. #15

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    AJ has always been a shoot first point guard, imo. That's how I viewed him at Connecticut.

    This is easily the worst basketball I've seen him play, including his UConn days. I'm hoping he snaps out of it soon, but it looks like his knee is still bothering him. That was a major injury he had 9 months ago, and it's remarkable that he was ready to play at all this season.

    Like has been mentioned elsewhere, he's still playing the best PG basketball on the team, which really says more about the position than it does about AJ. Even with AJ's poor shooting, the offense runs much better when he's in the game. He's the only PG still active that has played competent defense this season.

    I love Tyler in the starting lineup, but without Josh in there, Roy getting very few touches and Paul being very passive, the people handling the ball are either unable or unwilling to move the ball. Our offense was run into the ground about 15 games ago and it hasn't recovered.

    Our current starting point guard needs a ton of coaching up and still lacks physical abilities, our backup point guard has decent court vision but shoots too much, and our rookie point guard has great court vision and instincts but has terrible body language, attitude problems, and has a tendency to hot dog on defense.

    There is no question, imo, that upgrading PG should be priorities 1, 2 and 3.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  25. #16
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,604

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Unfortunately, you're correct.

    He is almost as bad as Dahntay at being a chucker. Difference is, Dahntay actually makes a pretty good percentage.

    AJ's not losing us games by himself. But he is a major major contributor.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  26. #17

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AJ's not losing us games by himself. But he is a major major contributor.
    I really have a hard time blaming anyone on the bench. It's hard to constantly dig your way out of a 10+ point hole and expect to win.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  28. #18
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,806
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    All this talk about chuckers, but no mention of Danny Granger?
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  29. #19

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AJ has always been a shoot first point guard, imo. That's how I viewed him at Connecticut.

    This is easily the worst basketball I've seen him play, including his UConn days. I'm hoping he snaps out of it soon, but it looks like his knee is still bothering him. That was a major injury he had 9 months ago, and it's remarkable that he was ready to play at all this season.

    Like has been mentioned elsewhere, he's still playing the best PG basketball on the team, which really says more about the position than it does about AJ. Even with AJ's poor shooting, the offense runs much better when he's in the game. He's the only PG still active that has played competent defense this season.

    I love Tyler in the starting lineup, but without Josh in there, Roy getting very few touches and Paul being very passive, the people handling the ball are either unable or unwilling to move the ball. Our offense was run into the ground about 15 games ago and it hasn't recovered.

    Our current starting point guard needs a ton of coaching up and still lacks physical abilities, our backup point guard has decent court vision but shoots too much, and our rookie point guard has great court vision and instincts but has terrible body language, attitude problems, and has a tendency to hot dog on defense.

    There is no question, imo, that upgrading PG should be priorities 1, 2 and 3.
    He was worse his sophomore year at Uconn...(like..pathetically bad..)

    I disagree on "shoot first PG" he had a really good balance, and honestly led on the side of "doesn't shoot enough" (to the point that it was annoying..)

    And...if he missed a few shots..he wasn't shooting again. (even more annoying) He'd score when he needed to. But this is new..particularly the fact that he keeps shooting when..it's not going in.

    I've thrown out this stat before, at Uconn, Price averaged about 10 shots in 35 minutes. Last season, 7 shots in 15.

    But as I keep saying..if you put him on the floor with guys who can score, he'll run an offense. Last night he ran an offense because other people were scoring, and he didn't have to.

    But people forget about the knee, as you said. His shots are short and flat..But he's the new whipping boy (DC says thanks), apparently we lose games because our backup point guard can't bail us out of the ten point + hole we dug. Totally all his fault.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-27-2011 at 12:54 PM.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  31. #20

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . Also, on a different topic..with he way Dahntay has been losing minutes..I'd guess it's probably him that'll be out of the rotation when Dun returns.
    good for brandon. i just hope he can provide the physicallity that dahntay brings. for all his faults, i thought dahntay and danny were the only guys that could overpower someone in the post.

    another lack that needs to be addressed this summer.

  32. #21
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was worse his sophomore year at Uconn...(like..pathetically bad..)

    I disagree on "shoot first PG" he had a really good balance, and honestly led on the side of "doesn't shoot enough" (to the point that it was annoying..)

    And...if he missed a few shots..he wasn't shooting again. (even more annoying) He'd score when he needed to. But this is new..particularly the fact that he keeps shooting when..it's not going in.

    I've thrown out this stat before, at Uconn, Price averaged about 10 shots in 35 minutes. Last season, 7 shots in 15.

    But as I keep saying..if you put him on the floor with guys who can score, he'll run an offense. Last night he ran an offense because other people were scoring, and he didn't have to.

    But people forget about the knee, as you said. His shots are short and flat..But he's the new whipping boy (DC says thanks), apparently we lose games because our backup point guard can't bail us out of the ten point + hole we dug. Totally all his fault.
    I went over the whole postgame thread and no one said that we lost the game simply because AJ played bad. Some posters said he was one of the reasons though, and I agree. I think one of the reasons we lost both games is... the way our point guards played.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  34. #22

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Our PGs are so freaking horrible, but AJ is the best the of the bunch.

    At this point, and I hate admitting this, but they need to bring TJ back.

    I think getting a new PG is top priority for next season. Whenever that might be.

  35. #23
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,671

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this talk about chuckers, but no mention of Danny Granger?
    Danny's always been a chucker, he just gets a "pass" from most here.

  36. #24

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went over the whole postgame thread and no one said that we lost the game simply because AJ played bad. Some posters said he was one of the reasons though, and I agree. I think one of the reasons we lost both games is... the way our point guards played.
    plenty of people did..this game and last. Heck, that's the point of this thread.

    Price isn't playing worse than Roy has during month long stretches, and Roy's a huge part of this team. And AJ puts a heck of a lot more effort into the game than Danny does half of the time. Those two are supposed to be our top players. And people are complaining about Price?

    Our problems never should be about AJ..and its strange people are looking that way. Yes, he's about 1 for 800 this month (And quite frankly, if he had been shooting the same percentage as last season, there would be a "Price is our best PG by a significant margin" feel right now. Because his problem the past two games was shooting..not anything else. And that's what he's being evaluated on here. Probably because its been so bad that its impossible to ignore.)..but typically he plays 15 minutes a game. Seriously..he's our backup point guard right now who still clearly isn't 100% from his knee injury (I mean come on..the kid is a good shooter..this stretch has just been strange)..and even if that's not the problem, he's a young guy that's going to go through some terrible stretches, just like all the other young guys have/had/are. Chill..out...

    We need two of Danny, Hans, or Roy to play well in order to win, they haven't been. Does poor PG play hurt, yea it does...but we've got a shot at winning if they don't play well..we don't if none of the three players I mentioned aren't playing well. We were winning before because Hans was scoring about 30..he hasn't been bad..but he hasn't been out of this world either offensively...and he doesn't box out..and he doesn't even really defend. Roy disappears (and once again..it's okay because they are young and they are learning..)

    But really..if there is one player to complain about, one player that needs to step up..needs to show consistent defensive energy, and play like a team..it's Danny Granger. And he's not doing that. Sometimes he does..sometimes he doesn't..but these young guys need someone to look to consistently. They need someone to set the tone. You want to freak out over a player..it's pretty obvious who we should look to first.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-27-2011 at 02:27 PM.

  37. #25
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A.J "Bush League" Price

    My top PG who was supposedly available is Steph Curry.

    I don't remember hearing anything about the team denying his availability.

    I'd love to bring him in.

    He's the smart PG this team needs. He takes good shots, he's able to find players.

    The Warriors were interested in Danny too I guess to give them a stronger bench with Dorell Wright backing up.

    I also saw on a Warriors forum that they'd love to bring in Danny and the only way to do it would be to send us Curry.

    So get Curry and we can sign a reasonable backup. Preferably a veteran.

Similar Threads

  1. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
  2. Though not full strength, Price Pacers' best player thus far
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 07:45 PM
  3. Price ready for second chance
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
  4. O'Brien talks about Price, PGs
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 10:01 PM
  5. A.J. Price appreciates chance with Pacers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •