Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

woman without a team

Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry guys, but the Pacers, Bucks and Kittens have no business making the playoffs. They should make it 7 and have the 1st round team get a bye at this point.
    I've said for years that if you don't have at least a .500 record you shouldn't be in the playoffs. Kegboy thinks I'm nuts.

Considering the way the first round takes FOREVER instead of having a bye I think they should take the 9th seed in the west and plug them into the vacant spot.

I guess the Seahawks shouldn't have made the playoffs in the NFL this year either...

I also really dislike your signature...Noone here really gives two ****s about who you have on ignore, nor would we go out of our way to not "quote" them. Stop being so fickle, and stop being a Bucks fan...
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 03-27-2011 at 06:04 AM.

How would we know who she has on ignore?

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    How would we know who she has on ignore?
    Grace has everyone on ignore so she'll never see these posts...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another game where the Pacers didn't get any respect from the refs: 6 FTAs for our starters. Plenty of contact that went uncalled for the hometeam. Don't care how you call it, but call it both ways, guys.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing much out of the ordinary to add, except that Rodney Stuckey for whatever reason really hates Darren Collison....he attacks him like nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

But no....

I see it as a sign Granger isn't happy with something team related. What that is is anyone's guess... although maybe Mike Wells will eventually tell us or else he'll tell Kravitz who will spill the beans.
    I'm done figuring out Granger. When things are not going as Danny wants them (recall last year's beginning when he had his head buried in towels...at the BEGINNING of the season), he goes into his funk.
    Biggest drama guy on the team and more the reason to feature him and his 25 shots per, hope that he averages 20 plus per game, and trade him quickly. The team related thing, IMO, is all Danny related.

I think I've read every post in this thread, but no one has mentioned the most significant thing in the game. Collison was essentially bench for the last 18 minutes of the game after a horrible stretch of play to start the third.

You know things have to be really bad to bench darren and go with AJ who has not played very well himself lately - I get the sense that Vogel feels he has no where to turn at the point guard position

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Rush made a lot of people jumping off his wagon during the shooting slump look pretty silly tonight. He wasn't just hitting jumpers, at times his motion with and without the ball was the entire offense.
    Rush motoring in the lane in the second half and not camped at the 3 was even more impressive than his shots falling. Nothing else to say but truly impressive.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

My favorite play (to no surprise) was the backdoor oop by Josh, but here's why - it was intentionally setup to trick Detroit. Josh flags Danny to use him for a shot screen but that was the fake. Detroit bit a little on thinking Danny was about to get the pass and that got Josh behind CV for the oop. That's winning basketball.

Price and Josh do that play at least once a game..It's like, the only play the second unit is capable of..other than 3 pointer.

I will say about Josh...as cute as it is that he likes to dribble the ball up the court..he needs to stop.

btw..you know you are in a shooting slump when....the other team's commentators feel bad for you and start giving pointers on how to break the slump...

is this grace person even a pacers fan?

because they never insert some kind of bucks talk and always talk garbage about the pacers on a pacers forum with real fans
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Price and Josh do that play at least once a game..It's like, the only play the second unit is capable of..other than 3 pointer.

I will say about Josh...as cute as it is that he likes to dribble the ball up the court..he needs to stop.

btw..you know you are in a shooting slump when....the other team's commentators feel bad for you and start giving pointers on how to break the slump...
    I'd almost prefer Josh dribbling up court. He has a higher priority on setting up the offense than the other players out there.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

this team makes me want to punch someone

they are a bunch of chickens. i mean our 7'2 center is scared of his own shadow out there

this team needs to learn the true blue collared hoosier way of basketball

WATCH BUTLER!
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 03-27-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think I've read every post in this thread, but no one has mentioned the most significant thing in the game. Collison was essentially bench for the last 18 minutes of the game after a horrible stretch of play to start the third.

You know things have to be really bad to bench darren and go with AJ who has not played very well himself lately - I get the sense that Vogel feels he has no where to turn at the point guard position
    If this is true, this tells us as much about what he thinks of Lance as a PG as well.

He'd rather go with AJ for that period of time then try a bigger ball handler on Stuckey.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Lance has done little to show he deserves playing time.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, George has regressed a bit. I think he was more comfortable with that bench role. Rush was busting his *** tonight trying to get free, Vogel was really try to ride his hot hand to the point of overkill I thought.

Rush made a lot of people jumping off his wagon during the shooting slump look pretty silly tonight. He wasn't just hitting jumpers, at times his motion with and without the ball was the entire offense.

Freaking Chucky V. I mean I don't think it's just that I'm a Josh fan that I say that McBob was up on this dude and he was still hitting crazy shots. One of the last ones he faded away from Josh while kinda going sideways and was still nothing but net from 3? I mean WTF are you supposed to do about that s***?

That killed them really. I think Vogel and the players had it turned around (obviously as the score showed) and then CV just blew up with long jumpers.

It was pretty clear tonight that they just aren't sure what to do on offense. Vogel went with posting guards in front of the rim but they struggled to get clean position even if they "double posted" (show DJones on one side and then slip him out to post Rush from the other side), they had all sorts of screens and motion and just couldn't break Detroit's defensive effort.

Danny's defense at times is really annoying, per usual.

Price might not remember what the ball looks like going through the net, but he sure did show some great defense down the stretch. That steal from Stuckey was especially impressive.

My favorite play (to no surprise) was the backdoor oop by Josh, but here's why - it was intentionally setup to trick Detroit. Josh flags Danny to use him for a shot screen but that was the fake. Detroit bit a little on thinking Danny was about to get the pass and that got Josh behind CV for the oop. That's winning basketball.

Don't worry Tyler fans, I enjoyed his effort and scoring too.

I mean here is the PF line for the night
    48 minutes
    11-17 for 24 points
    16 boards, 5 assists, 2 blocks and only 3 TOs

Roy is really falling apart. I just don't get it. To me the team is struggling more than anything because Roy and Danny just aren't up to the challenge of carrying the team. The PG play is an issue too of course, but you expect less from them I think.
    Not really...Who doesn't know at this point how inconsistent Brandon has been his entire career? He is constantly up and down, which in and of itself is the problem with Rush. I'm not at all surprised he had a breakout game.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Wow. 2 steals and 2 blocks aren't good enough for you. nothing like empty criticism eh?
    Maybe P4E is just upset about all of the forced/chucked jumpers, airmailed passes, and lack of leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    Not really...Who doesn't know at this point how inconsistent Brandon has been his entire career? He is constantly up and down, which in and of itself is the problem with Rush. I'm not at all surprised he had a breakout game.
    Not saying I disagree, but is he more inconsistent than any other player on the roster?

Or maybe I should word it this way...name a Pacer that is more consistent and back it up with comparable stats. I think Brandon is an easy target because he is passive, but every other Pacer gets a pass on the criticisms of Brandon.
    Last edited by imawhat; 03-27-2011 at 12:57 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    Maybe P4E is just upset about all of the forced/chucked jumpers, airmailed passes, and lack of leadership.
    There was a play where Danny made a lazy crosscourt pass that was intercepted, and in transition Danny was the only person close enough to guard Rip. So what does Danny do? Jog back slowly, Rip gets a wide open jumper and hits it, and Danny turns around looking for someone to yell at.

It was humiliating and angering.

Mood

Not at all, there are a lot of inconsistencies across the board. I only singled Brandon out in response to the bolded quote. For me though Brandon's struggles have been the hardest to figure out. He has all the talent and athleticism in the world, but has yet to put it all together and sieze the opportunities presented to him. Also from what I have heard many of the coaches who have worked with him have a hard time figuring him out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Not saying I disagree, but is he more inconsistent than any other player on the roster?

Or maybe I should word it this way...name a Pacer that is more consistent and back it up with comparable stats.
    Tyler is. He may shoot different percentages every night, but you know exactly what you'll get from him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    There was a play where Danny made a lazy crosscourt pass that was intercepted, and in transition Danny was the only person close enough to guard Rip. So what does Danny do? Jog back slowly, Rip gets a wide open jumper and hits it, and Danny turns around looking for someone to yell at.

It was humiliating and angering.
    Very much so, I'm honestly at my wits end with DG. He is a good player, and I hate to overreact here, but it really seems like he is a shadow of his former self. Maybe he wants out, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Tyler is. He may shoot different percentages every night, but you know exactly what you'll get from him.
    Tyler's definitely been the most consistent Pacer lately, but look at his career stats before 2/25/11. He had a stretch in January where he was literally alternating good/bad games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2011/

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    If you think that it's going to be easy to move Posey's $7+ mil 2011-2012 Salary or Inferno's 2+ year Long-Term salary at $2.5 mil+ a year....going into a new CBA that will likely see a lower SalaryCap for all Teams.....then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Teams will be looking to shed...not take on Salary next season.

What's the bridge look like?

You need to keep in mind that looming thing called a lockout. Teams don't pay players during a lockout. If after the season is over Posey gets traded, the team who trades for him might not have to pay much of his salary, depending on how long the lockout is. If the lockout lasts half a season, the team would only owe him half of 7 mil, and then they have a 7 mil expiring contract to trade to a team looking for an expiring.

Dahntay's contract at only 2 years vs the previous 3 years at 2.5 mil will be easier to trade. Same scenario on the lockout applys as well. 2.5 mil for a player isn't that much salary to take on to fill out a roster or a rotation with an experienced vet of decent quality.

Got any pics of that bridge?

I bet Granger will ask to be traded after the season is over.. Doesnt look like he wants to be out there. He has shot at a horrible percentage for awhile now. ( 9 of his last 16 games have been below 37% and only 3 were 45% or better )

Outside of Price playing poorly I thought Vogel left McRoberts in a few minutes to long in the 4th. I probably would liked to have had Tyler back in the game around the 6 minute mark IMO.
    Last edited by JEM; 03-27-2011 at 01:38 PM.