Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 124

Thread: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

  1. #51
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    3 years / 10 mil for Dunleavy wouldn't be bad at all. As a veteran 4th/5th wing, Dunleavy is nice to have.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 years / 10 mil for Dunleavy wouldn't be bad at all. As a veteran 4th/5th wing, Dunleavy is nice to have.
    If I was him I would rather go to LA or Chicago or Miami for the same $ amount.

  4. #53
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about u play some defense and give more effort Danny but this tweet is lol
    Blah blah blah!

    That's all these quotes mean from these players because we know they won't do anything to change out on the floor.

    I take it Danny was so frustrated he didn't know what he was saying at that point, but yeah he's showing no effort himself.

  5. #54
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    The thing I don't understand is why isn't the Pistons record not a lot better than it is. They have some really good players, more talent than a lot of NBA teams

    The Pistons defense in the 3rd quarter was really good, they forced turnivers and shut our offense down

  6. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing I don't understand is why isn't the Pistons record not a lot better than it is. They have some really good players, more talent than a lot of NBA teams

    The Pistons defense in the 3rd quarter was really good, they forced turnivers and shut our offense down
    John Kuester

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 years / 10 mil for Dunleavy wouldn't be bad at all. As a veteran 4th/5th wing, Dunleavy is nice to have.
    In a vacuum, yes....I agree....it wouldn't be bad at all....but the reality is that we have PG/Granger/BRush/Inferno to fill the SG/SF rotation...add in Posey and Lance ( with some SG minutes ) and our wing rotation is filled. The last thing we need is to add another Wing Player to the rotation...even if it's Dunleavy.

    IMHO...the only reason why Dunleavy looks good now is cuz our Wing rotation in the 2nd unit sucks so much now and we have very little options. When you're stuck in the middle of the desert and need a ride...evan a 89 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme that can max out at 65 mph with half a tank of gas looks very appealing.

    If we need to get another Wing Player....I'd rather draft another one or look for someone else in the FA Market. I appreciate what he has done and can do....but I'm ready to move on from the Dunleavy era.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-26-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #57
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pistons defense in the 3rd quarter was really good, they forced turnivers and shut our offense down
    I'm not going to discount what you say about forcing turnovers....but we are very good at forcing our own turnovers on our own. We simply don't protect the ball very well.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #58
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,452

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Kuester
    Well that and benching Hamilton for half the season.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  11. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    for someone named Captain Obvious, you sure are wrong a lot...
    In your opinion. What did that post accomplish anyway?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:


  13. #60
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Kuester
    I hate that guy and I'm not even a Pistons fan.

    He's a selfish baby who benches anybody that disagrees with him.

    I mean there's no reason he should've benched Rip who is probably their best player for as long as he did.

    He runs no system and his rotations are all over the place.

    Also he supposedly benched Charlie Villanueva, but he came in for just 12 minutes and scored 13 points.

  14. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that and benching Hamilton for half the season.
    well Kuester is the one who decided to do that 2.

  15. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a vacuum, yes....I agree....it wouldn't be bad at all....but the reality is that we have a PG/Granger/BRush/Inferno to fill the SG/SF rotation...add in Posey and Lance ( with some SG minutes ) and our wing rotation is filled. The last thing we need is to add another Wing Player to the rotation...even if it's Dunleavy.
    The two bolded need to be traded this offseason and I think we'll jump at the opportunity to rid ourselves of them. I'd much rather have Dunleavy over them.

  16. #63

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Rush needs to start, with PG coming off the bench again.

  17. #64
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The two bolded need to be traded this offseason and I think we'll jump at the opportunity to rid ourselves of them. I'd much rather have Dunleavy over them.
    If you think that it's going to be easy to move Posey's $7+ mil 2011-2012 Salary or Inferno's 2+ year Long-Term salary at $2.5 mil+ a year....going into a new CBA that will likely see a lower SalaryCap for all Teams.....then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

    Teams will be looking to shed...not take on Salary next season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think that it's going to be easy to move Posey's $7+ mil 2011-2012 Salary or Inferno's 2+ year Long-Term salary at $2.5 mil+ a year....going into a new CBA that will likely see a lower SalaryCap for all Teams.....then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

    Teams will be looking to shed...not take on Salary next season.
    You never really know.. I bet the owners will fold and the new CBA won't be too much different.

  19. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush needs to start, with PG coming off the bench again.

  20. #67

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Thanks to Derrick Rose for bailing out the Pacers tonight. But watching that Bulls game only furthered my frustration. The Bulls, one of the best teams in the league, are only really one player better than the Pacers. Just like the Cavs a year ago. They were championship contenders, then LeBron leaves, and they are pretty much the worst team in the league. The Pacers with Rose, are much better than the Bulls with Rose. Just my opinion, but guys like Danny and Roy would be world beaters with all the defensive attention focused on Rose. So what do you do, just try to accumulate talent in hopes a miracle occurs, and you get that one superstar to take you to championship contender. This is my biggest frustration with basketball. The superstar can have the ball in his hands every trip up the floor, unlike say baseball, where even the greatest hitter in the game is only going to come to bat once every three innings. Without one of those special players, in the NBA, you have no chance.

  21. #68

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barf all you want, but Rush is a better fit than George with the starting unit. Compare the percentages: Rush shoots 39.9% from 3-point range, while George is at 27.3%. George definitely has the potential to get better in that department, but until then, we need to go with the better shooter since we're covered offensively from pretty much every other position.

  22. #69

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barf all you want, but Rush is a better fit than George with the starting unit. Compare the percentages: Rush shoots 39.9% from 3-point range, while George is at 27.3%. George definitely has the potential to get better in that department, but until then, we need to go with the better shooter since we're covered offensively from pretty much every other position.
    George has offered nothing since he was inserted into the starting line-up. He is not NBA ready at this point. Maybe next year because he cant be any worse than he was this year.

  23. #70
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush needs to start, with PG coming off the bench again.
    Yeah, George has regressed a bit. I think he was more comfortable with that bench role. Rush was busting his *** tonight trying to get free, Vogel was really try to ride his hot hand to the point of overkill I thought.

    Rush made a lot of people jumping off his wagon during the shooting slump look pretty silly tonight. He wasn't just hitting jumpers, at times his motion with and without the ball was the entire offense.



    Freaking Chucky V. I mean I don't think it's just that I'm a Josh fan that I say that McBob was up on this dude and he was still hitting crazy shots. One of the last ones he faded away from Josh while kinda going sideways and was still nothing but net from 3? I mean WTF are you supposed to do about that s***?

    That killed them really. I think Vogel and the players had it turned around (obviously as the score showed) and then CV just blew up with long jumpers.



    It was pretty clear tonight that they just aren't sure what to do on offense. Vogel went with posting guards in front of the rim but they struggled to get clean position even if they "double posted" (show DJones on one side and then slip him out to post Rush from the other side), they had all sorts of screens and motion and just couldn't break Detroit's defensive effort.



    Danny's defense at times is really annoying, per usual.


    Price might not remember what the ball looks like going through the net, but he sure did show some great defense down the stretch. That steal from Stuckey was especially impressive.



    My favorite play (to no surprise) was the backdoor oop by Josh, but here's why - it was intentionally setup to trick Detroit. Josh flags Danny to use him for a shot screen but that was the fake. Detroit bit a little on thinking Danny was about to get the pass and that got Josh behind CV for the oop. That's winning basketball.

    Don't worry Tyler fans, I enjoyed his effort and scoring too.

    I mean here is the PF line for the night
    48 minutes
    11-17 for 24 points
    16 boards, 5 assists, 2 blocks and only 3 TOs


    Roy is really falling apart. I just don't get it. To me the team is struggling more than anything because Roy and Danny just aren't up to the challenge of carrying the team. The PG play is an issue too of course, but you expect less from them I think.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  25. #71
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,268

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    And I'm still waiting for an explanation of what was up with Granger during the play coming out of the timeout at the end of the first half. He stood at the arc with his hands on hips (during the play mind you) and could not have looked more disinterested in the game or the action going on around him.

    Even after the miss by Collison (I think it was Collison) Danny barely gave a token effort to even look to the ball.

    This wasn't simply a lack of effort thing... This was an 'I don't like this, I'm sick of this, or I don't wanna be here so I'm going to make a point of showing it' type of things.

    Very disturbing. It was Tinsleyesque. It was Artestic.

    Anyone who has the game on DVR go back and look at the end of the 1st half and watch Granger during that play. I'm curious now of how he acted in the huddle before the play (not sure if the huddle was shown).

    This tells me there's something more involved with Granger than just him running out of talent, hitting the ceiling, or being mentally overwhelmed/exhausted. This was quitting on the team.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  26. #72
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,233

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    I've never seen a team that is so frustrating to follow than this Pacer team. Every time I tune in I don't know which team will show up and what kind of effort we will get from each individual player.

  27. #73
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I'm still waiting for an explanation of what was up with Granger during the play coming out of the timeout at the end of the first half. He stood at the arc with his hands on hips (during the play mind you) and could not have looked more disinterested in the game or the action going on around him.

    Even after the miss by Collison (I think it was Collison) Danny barely gave a token effort to even look to the ball.

    This wasn't simply a lack of effort thing... This was an 'I don't like this, I'm sick of this, or I don't wanna be here so I'm going to make a point of showing it' type of things.

    Very disturbing. It was Tinsleyesque. It was Artestic.

    Anyone who has the game on DVR go back and look at the end of the 1st half and watch Granger during that play. I'm curious now of how he acted in the huddle before the play (not sure if the huddle was shown).

    This tells me there's something more involved with Granger than just him running out of talent, hitting the ceiling, or being mentally overwhelmed/exhausted. This was quitting on the team.
    I don't know, to me it looked like a play to clear the paint for Darren, with one guy (Danny) staying out at the wing to challenge any fastbreak in case of turnover. Basically, seemed like Vogel left Danny out of the play to keep it safe. Which is understandable since Pistons had just made that crazy confidence busting run.

    Hands on hips did look a bit comical, but personally I don't see anything terrible there. After the shot, he did start moving.

  28. #74
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,268

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know, to me it looked like a play to clear the paint for Darren, with one guy (Danny) staying out at the wing to challenge any fastbreak in case of turnover. Basically, seemed like Vogel left Danny out of the play to keep it safe. Which is understandable since Pistons had just made that crazy confidence busting run.

    Hands on hips did look a bit comical, but personally I don't see anything terrible there. After the shot, he did start moving.
    I can understand Danny behind the arc to draw his defender out there for spacing reasons but you need to at least look like you could be part of the play to keep the defenders honest, let alone be prepared to get a kickback for a shot if the play to the basket is well-defended. Standing out there with his hands on his hips looking off into space just isn't right.

    If nothing else, at least be interested to see if DC is going to score on the play to close the half.

    And after the DC's shot Granger still didn't do much and barely tried to bother the heave even though it happened right in front of him. The only reason I don't take him to task for not crashing the boards is I can understand he might've been a safety valve to stop/slow a break the other way. OTOH, considering the time on the clock I'm inclined to think he should've crashed the boards when the shot went up...

    He was sooooo disinterested looking that I half expected it to be some kind of trick play where he lulled the defender to sleep and then suddenly streaked to the basket for an open shot or something.

    But no....

    I see it as a sign Granger isn't happy with something team related. What that is is anyone's guess... although maybe Mike Wells will eventually tell us or else he'll tell Kravitz who will spill the beans.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  29. #75
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry guys, but the Pacers, Bucks and Kittens have no business making the playoffs. They should make it 7 and have the 1st round team get a bye at this point.

    Really can't wait for the Celtics game. I'm sure we'll end up winning cause we are all witnesses in bizarro world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •