Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 124 of 124

Thread: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

  1. #101

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    unlike say baseball, where even the greatest hitter in the game is only going to come to bat once every three innings.

    Spahn, Spain, and pray for rain.

  2. #102

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Those that wished to live by the young players should have been prepared to die by the young players. This is what is happening.

    Dunleavy coming back will not do us any harm. TJ playing would not have done us any harm. Foster playing 5-10 more minutes per night would not have done us any harm, given Hibbert's poor performances. Other moves are debatable, but it's doubtful we would be any worse off. In fact, we might have won a couple of games that we lost to inferior teams.

    As a pessimist, I do not expect to make the playoffs now. If we do, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Barring winning 8-9 more games, if one tries to look at things objectively, this team has done absolutely nothing to warrant inclusion in the playoffs, however.

  3. #103

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spahn, Spain, and pray for rain.
    Sain

  4. #104

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I'm still waiting for an explanation of what was up with Granger during the play coming out of the timeout at the end of the first half. He stood at the arc with his hands on hips (during the play mind you) and could not have looked more disinterested in the game or the action going on around him.

    Even after the miss by Collison (I think it was Collison) Danny barely gave a token effort to even look to the ball.

    This wasn't simply a lack of effort thing... This was an 'I don't like this, I'm sick of this, or I don't wanna be here so I'm going to make a point of showing it' type of things.

    Very disturbing. It was Tinsleyesque. It was Artestic.

    Anyone who has the game on DVR go back and look at the end of the 1st half and watch Granger during that play. I'm curious now of how he acted in the huddle before the play (not sure if the huddle was shown).

    This tells me there's something more involved with Granger than just him running out of talent, hitting the ceiling, or being mentally overwhelmed/exhausted. This was quitting on the team.
    I've had the feeling for a while that Granger isn't happy here. My guess is the losing has gotten to him, and he's not putting forth as in the past which isn't helping him nor the team. If he wants out, then give the Pacers everything he's got for the last remaining 8 games plus playoff games. Then at season end when Bird talks to each player b4 they leave for the off season tell Bird he wants to be traded. No need to keep an unhappy disgruntled player who would rather be elsewhere. It does neither party any good keeping a player who isn't happy nor giving his all for the team.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler's definitely been the most consistent Pacer lately, but look at his career stats before 2/25/11. He had a stretch in January where he was literally alternating good/bad games.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2011/
    But you always know what you'll get from him.

    You'll get a lot of energy and high volume shooting.

    With a majority of the rest of the team, it's like they all have multiple personalities.

    As for Danny, beginning of the Sacramento game he had really good body language with DC and PG. I think he's frustrated. And I also think he has a hard time with accountability.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  7. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Right now over a full season the Pacers would be 41-41.. The Pacers are a .500 team and they have been playing like it.

  8. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler's definitely been the most consistent Pacer lately, but look at his career stats before 2/25/11. He had a stretch in January where he was literally alternating good/bad games.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2011/
    I think you mean Feb. because Tyler shot 50% in Jan.

  9. #108
    Tyrant maragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    I'm flabbergasted that the power forward position is a source of comfort, where I'm less certain about what the other positions are going to provide. This has been a weird season.

  10. #109

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    We need to get rid of Roy

  11. #110

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    And Danny

  12. #111

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Sain

    LOL! Thanx for the correction. I'm surprised anyone even knew who I was referring to.

  13. #112
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing much out of the ordinary to add, except that Rodney Stuckey for whatever reason really hates Darren Collison....he attacks him like nobody else.
    It's probably just a shark smelling blood.

  14. #113
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I've read every post in this thread, but no one has mentioned the most significant thing in the game. Collison was essentially bench for the last 18 minutes of the game after a horrible stretch of play to start the third.

    You know things have to be really bad to bench darren and go with AJ who has not played very well himself lately - I get the sense that Vogel feels he has no where to turn at the point guard position
    While that's probably true, my thought at the time was that it was a defensive matchup decision. DC is always too small, but against Stuckey he's way too small.

  15. #114
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really...Who doesn't know at this point how inconsistent Brandon has been his entire career? He is constantly up and down, which in and of itself is the problem with Rush. I'm not at all surprised he had a breakout game.
    Agreed. The only thing that's gotten me interested in him again is that I swear his shot release has sped up. That's caught my attention.

  16. #115
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying I disagree, but is he more inconsistent than any other player on the roster?

    Or maybe I should word it this way...name a Pacer that is more consistent and back it up with comparable stats. I think Brandon is an easy target because he is passive, but every other Pacer gets a pass on the criticisms of Brandon.
    The thing is, that just sounds like damning praise because it's more or less pointing out that this team is just lowering the bar for what is considered acceptable.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  18. #116
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet Granger will ask to be traded after the season is over.. Doesnt look like he wants to be out there. He has shot at a horrible percentage for awhile now. ( 9 of his last 16 games have been below 37% and only 3 were 45% or better )

    Outside of Price playing poorly I thought Vogel left McRoberts in a few minutes to long in the 4th. I probably would liked to have had Tyler back in the game around the 6 minute mark IMO.
    As long as it's done privately, I hope he does at this point.

  19. #117
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to get rid of Roy
    How will that help?

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  21. #118
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm flabbergasted that the power forward position is a source of comfort, where I'm less certain about what the other positions are going to provide. This has been a weird season.
    Both SG and PF have been our most consistent positions all season. Everyone knew, or at least should have known, what our SG's were going to provide. Some scoring, but mostly just glue guys that would occasionally go for 20+ points once of twice a month.

  22. #119

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL! Thanx for the correction. I'm surprised anyone even knew who I was referring to.
    Johnny Sain

  23. #120

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How will that help?
    Roy's trade value has to be pretty high correct? at least if you ask most people on this forum. I don't think Roy is right for us. Sure he tries as hard as anyone on the team, and tries to be a leader. I just don't think he is ever going to be good enough.

  24. #121
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    I'd doubt his value is high compared to what it was late last year.

  25. #122
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    I'd offer Granger for Steph Curry. Maybe throw in a pick.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  27. #123
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,193

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL! Thanx for the correction. I'm surprised anyone even knew who I was referring to.
    You were referring to pitchers in response to a metaphor about batters. Color me confused
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  28. #124

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd offer Granger for Steph Curry. Maybe throw in a pick.
    and go laughing all the way to the bank. would be really good deal for us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •