Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 217

Thread: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

  1. #51

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Damn, that's too bad if it's serious. As someone still recovering from a serious knee injury, I really feel sick reading about players having injuries like this. There's never good timing for this type of injury, but the timing for David is just terrible.

  2. #52
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wrong. He sat for 4 seasons. Grant Hill proves it doesn't have to do with age. Sitting for 4 seasons and then coming back and has yet to bite another knee injury. How many games did he miss last year? This year? I rest my case. And don't take it so personal.
    Dude seriously, an exception does not prove anything. The guy had 4 seasons to get his body right. I guess all it proves is that anyone can recover from injury with no future tendency of re-injury if they have enough time.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  3. #53

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As Pacer fans, it makes much more sense for us to ponder his free agency future than the effect it has on the Hornets, who weren't going to make a deep playoff run with or without him.
    Funny how that is one of the things I mentioned it would be better to talk about.

  4. #54
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny how that is one of the things I mentioned it would be better to talk about.
    Okay, so I just talked about it and gave you my opinion on the matter. I don't think the Hornets are going to make a deep playoff run with or without a healthy David West.

    Edit: Ahh, I actually misread your original post. I thought you were talking about the injury's effect on the playoff race and for the Hornets only. Not about his free agency.

  5. #55
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude seriously, an exception does not prove anything. The guy had 4 seasons to get his body right. I guess all it proves is that anyone can recover from injury with no future tendency of re-injury if they have enough time.
    Im not trying to argue, but you're going against things you've already posted. Referring to a 30 year-old D. West as "old bones" just doesn't sit well with me considering the injury type. This injury could have happened to him at any time, but it just so happened latter in his career and your saying it's because of his age.

  6. #56
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im not trying to argue, but you're going against things you've already posted. Referring to a 30 year-old D. West as "old bones" just doesn't sit well with me considering the injury type. This injury could have happened to him at any time, but it just so happened latter in his career and your saying it's because of his age.
    Going against things I already posted? huh?

    I'm saying that the injury is an indication of his age. Not the injury is because of his age. I feel like everyone here thinks that a 30 year old knee is just as strong as a 20 year old knee. Its not!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  7. #57
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going against things I already posted? huh?

    I'm saying that the injury is an indication of his age. Not the injury is because of his age. I feel like everyone here thinks that a 30 year old knee is just as strong as a 20 year old knee. Its not!
    ...You just don't get it do you? Your first post clearly indicated you claimed this because of his age. Just saying.

  8. #58
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...You just don't get it do you? Your first post clearly indicated you claimed this because of his age. Just saying.
    "Well thats 2 signs of old age creeping up on West. First his back problems and now he blows out a knee."

    So you interpret that as West blew out his knee because he is 30 years old.... apparently I have wasted my time over 3 pages clarifying that I feel older players are more prone to injury compared to younger players. Gosh this is getting petty. I'm done here.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  9. #59
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    When 20 people 'misread' the same statement, maybe the statement is to blame, not the people.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  11. #60
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get confused with Petter Griffing my bad.




    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  12. #61
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,977
    Mood

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    This thread needs to be taken off in a wheelchair.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  14. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    All i am saying his knee injuries are freak accidents. AJ Price Blake Griffen and many many others. Kids in HS tear there ACL all the time and that doesnt have anything to do with age.




    so tell me Griffen is breaking down? this is just a freak accident. Same with Shaun Livingston who tore his knee up just going up for a layup.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  16. #63
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    If this:

    Well thats 2 signs of old age creeping up on West. First his back problems and now he blows out a knee. I think i'll pass on him now.
    doesn't imply his knee injury is due to old age, then well, my grasp on the English language isn't as good as I thought. Guess I should rethink about about that English minor...

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  18. #64
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this:



    doesn't imply his knee injury is due to old age, then well, my grasp on the English language isn't as good as I thought. Guess I should rethink about about that English minor...
    pwned.

  19. #65
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    A physician's opinion:

    This injury has nothing to do with age. Bone health, especially in males, typically doesn't change over the course of life, unless men have low calcium/vit D intake or are taking hormone therapy for various ailments (such as prostate cancer).

    If West suffered from injury at age 70 I could say it is because he is more prone. Bone constantly remodels itself on a daily and even hourly basis. Muscle is maintainable with stimulation - if you work out and such, muscle tone and growth is largely independent of age.

    Where age does play a role is moreso in tendon and ligament damage and maintainance. Tendons connect muscle to ligaments, ligaments connect bone to other bone. These things do not regenerate. Age would be a factor in the health of these body parts, however we are talking about these types of injuries are more common in 50-60-70 year old patients. They can occur in super-weightlifters and again in patients who are steroid supplementing.

    This injury has nothing to do with bone health but the misfortune of the physics involved with relation to the injury/trauma. Typically athletes tend to demonstrate wear and tear not during their playing career, but in their late 40s and older.

    The reason someone who suffers an injury like this is more prone to future similar injuries is because no patient ever heals 100% perfectly.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:


  21. #66
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    And graphic-er gets shut down.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #67
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh please, so you all deny that being 30 years old doesn't increase his chances of blowing out a knee?

    I'm nearly 30 myself and while I'm physically stronger than I ever have been in my life. I can definitely feel the wear and tear on my bones just from playing basketball since I was 9-10 years old. I can't go as hard as my 20 year old self thats for sure. I've twisted my ankles more times than I can remember and that makes me even more prone to twisting them in the future. Heck just last year I jumped off the front porch and strained my MCL. Didn't even know I did it until the next day. I've jumped off that porch daily for the last 3 years.

    Hey look! We all have examples that prove our point now!
    I'm 18 years old and I blew out my knee when I was 17 and just had the surgery 9 weeks ago. I tore my ACL, MCL, and 2 ligaments. Has nothing to do with age when you are talking a 15 to 40 year old. Basically the same thing happend to me in my high school game that happened to West. Went up for a layup and came down awkwardly and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. I rest my case.

  23. #68
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by k_lewis93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm 18 years old and I blew out my knee when I was 17 and just had the surgery 9 weeks ago. I tore my ACL, MCL, and 2 ligaments. Has nothing to do with age when you are talking a 15 to 40 year old. Basically the same thing happend to me in my high school game that happened to West. Went up for a layup and came down awkwardly and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. I rest my case.
    Hey look! We all have examples that prove our point now!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  24. #69
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey look! We all have examples that prove our point now!
    I'm sorry I thought you said you were done?

  25. #70
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey look! We all have examples that prove our point now!
    Hey look! you're making yourself look more and more foolish every time you post.

    Grown Man Ball

  26. #71
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A physician's opinion:

    This injury has nothing to do with age. Bone health, especially in males, typically doesn't change over the course of life, unless men have low calcium/vit D intake or are taking hormone therapy for various ailments (such as prostate cancer).

    If West suffered from injury at age 70 I could say it is because he is more prone. Bone constantly remodels itself on a daily and even hourly basis. Muscle is maintainable with stimulation - if you work out and such, muscle tone and growth is largely independent of age.

    Where age does play a role is moreso in tendon and ligament damage and maintainance. Tendons connect muscle to ligaments, ligaments connect bone to other bone. These things do not regenerate. Age would be a factor in the health of these body parts, however we are talking about these types of injuries are more common in 50-60-70 year old patients. They can occur in super-weightlifters and again in patients who are steroid supplementing.

    This injury has nothing to do with bone health but the misfortune of the physics involved with relation to the injury/trauma. Typically athletes tend to demonstrate wear and tear not during their playing career, but in their late 40s and older.

    The reason someone who suffers an injury like this is more prone to future similar injuries is because no patient ever heals 100% perfectly.
    True or False - Generally speaking a young person's ligaments and tendons have more flexibility or give than an older person's?

    I'd say its true and thus everyone saying that this particular injury would have happened to any player regardless of age is false.

    So in the case of an NBA player who is playing basketball at a hard level for most of their adolescent and adult lives. I think it makes sense that a 30 year would be much more prone to various types of injuries whether it be bone or ligament, because there is a certain element of overuse and trauma placed on the knees in a pro-athlete's case.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  27. #72
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey look! you're making yourself look more and more foolish every time you post.

    I'm okay with that. Its the internet.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  28. #73
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by k_lewis93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry I thought you said you were done?
    Yeah that was last night at 2 AM. I had to get up for dentist appoint in the morning.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. #74
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True or False - Generally speaking a young person's ligaments and tendons have more flexibility or give than an older person's?

    I'd say its true and thus everyone saying that this particular injury would have happened to any player regardless of age is false.

    So in the case of an NBA player who is playing basketball at a hard level for most of their adolescent and adult lives. I think it makes sense that a 30 year would be much more prone to various types of injuries whether it be bone or ligament, because there is a certain element of overuse and trauma placed on the knees in a pro-athlete's case.
    He is 30 years old not 80. AND he is in the NBA which means he prob a pretty strong dude he works out quite a bit WHICH ALSO MEANS his left leg is pretty d*** strong. ONCE AGAIN A FREAK ACCIDENT. If you put anyone in the situation that he was in the leg will do the same may because his leg was put into a awkward position that more then likely twisted his knee and tore the ACL. ACL's just don't tear for the hell of it. Once again idk how you still trying to prove your point that a older person is more prone to this type of injury.
    1) It doesn't matter so who gives a ****.
    2) Why are you still on the subject when the guys career could be over and I think most people on here feel sorry for him but doesn't seem like you care too much.
    3) All of us who read your posts have now dropped IQ points. Just saying.

  30. #75
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: David West suffers knee injury, taken off in wheelchair

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True or False - Generally speaking a young person's ligaments and tendons have more flexibility or give than an older person's?

    I'd say its true and thus everyone saying that this particular injury would have happened to any player regardless of age is false.

    So in the case of an NBA player who is playing basketball at a hard level for most of their adolescent and adult lives. I think it makes sense that a 30 year would be much more prone to various types of injuries whether it be bone or ligament, because there is a certain element of overuse and trauma placed on the knees in a pro-athlete's case.
    Did you read his post? He's a doctor. Doctor's are always right. TV taught me that.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 08:30 AM
  2. Miami Heat center Jermaine O'Neal sidelined with knee injury [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
  3. Chris Paul of New Orleans Hornets out indefinitely with knee injury [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
  4. Q & A with David Dupree 3-2
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •