Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 2011 CINCINNATI REDS THREAD

Banned

Default Re: 2011 CINCINNATI REDS THREAD

Hernadez is very clutch. I have no problem moving any player as long as the price is right.

Volquez & Janish got sent down. It is a shame J Gomes doesn't join them.

Heisey needs more AB's.

D Willis is starting Sunday.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hernadez is very clutch. I have no problem moving any player as long as the price is right.

Volquez & Janish got sent down. It is a shame J Gomes doesn't join them.

Heisey needs more AB's.

D Willis is starting Sunday.
    I'm not sure if they have any options with Gomes. That's the reason Renteria got sent down instead of Janish. I'm definitely in agreement that Heisey needs more ABs.

REALLY excited to see how D-Train does. I was a big fan of his when he first hit the bigs with Florida so I've been rooting for him to make a comeback for a while now.
    Grown Man Ball

Damn you Rickie Weeks!!!!! Why does he always hit like freaking Barry Bonds against us?
    Grown Man Ball

Banned

Brew CREw just picked up K Rod from the Mets to soldify their bullpen. Not a bad move @ all.

It is going to be an interesting rest of the season Cards than the Pirates when play resumes.

Banned

Colorado looking to move U Jimenez.

Reds & Yanks have been mentioned as poss destinations.

Reds still are continuing to leave runners on in scoring postion. Heisey as a leadoff? Phillips? Stubbs? They have tried everything still could use a big bat behind Joey Votto. I was pumped yesterday when Cairo hit that triple & Congrats to Cozart for his first big league HR.

Colby Rasmus has fallen off for St. Louis this year. The kid has not gotten it done @ all.

It is going to be an interesting time up to July 31 (trade deadline)

Four teams are still in the running for the Central.

Cozart is looking pretty good though it is still early. Hope he can keep it up.

Banned

Reds are not advancing runners. Only 4 hits last night. D Willis pitched well threw 69 pitches 51 were strikes.

Pirates have beat the reds 6 out of 7 this season.

Interesting Tid Bit in the last 27 games the Reds have not won two in a row back to back.

Hopefully they are on FSM tonight. I thought they were supposed to be on there last night?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Well, this sucks. Playoffs don't look too good right now.....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This team is baffling. I refuse to believe the ****ing Pirates are actually leading this division right now. All other teams should be ashamed.

Reds stranded 9 on base tonight. This is like a broken record. I was a Pirate freak when I was a kid but it's hard to get excited about them now because I haven't followed them in so long. I still don't know much about their roster. First time I seen them play was tonight. Pulling for the Reds but man could they use another bat in that lineup.

Banned

I saw several of the Pirates come right up thru Indy. I am fan of them. I just love the Reds. In fact, I would rather them win the division than any other team besided mine. I think this is the general consensus amongst baseball fans.

Neil Walker Steve Pearce

Andrew Mc Cutcheon Daniel Mc Cutcheon

Alex Pressley Jose Tabita

Chase D Arndou Pedro Alverez

Garrett Jones Evan Meek

Ryan Doumit

My goodness, last night was awesome! Felt like it might be the start of the turnaround.
    Grown Man Ball

Banned

I dont know who watched the highlights of the Pirates vs Braves last night. But that was a terrible call & the Pirates are now in 3rd place due to an atrocious call. I hope this does not cost them in Sept.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You guys are going down today!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Well, this sucks. Playoffs don't look too good right now.....
    Atleast you guys don't have to compete with the Phillies in the standings...

Will the Reds ever sniff a winning streak this year?

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Will the Reds ever sniff a winning streak this year?
    Managed to do nothing with the momentum from the Atlanta series, which is significant when you can't even win back to back games for a month or more. So I say no.

I'm starting to think this might be the Dusty Baker factor. I was not confident in extending him, although you really have little choice after the division title last year. Seems like everywhere he goes, there's a solid initial bump followed by a major drop off.

Team just looks like it has no collective sense of purpose. Very few quality at bats when I watch. Kind of like they think at some point they'll just automatically turn it on, if they even think that.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Banned

Add Daniel Murphy to the name Richie Weeks ie Reds Killers.

Arroyo needs to follow Volquez to Louisville. He has been pitching terrible this season. In fact in the month of July his ERA is 8.00.

I see the reds pulling a trade w/ the White Sox for Carlos Quentin and John Danks. That is just a guess. I have no sources. It makes sense the Soxs are selling & the Cardinals just made a move.

Banned

sweep of the Giants over the wknd.

Very good.

Gomes only trade @ deadline.

I read Jayson Stark calling Cincy losers for not making any moves. I dont consider the Reds losers. There was no huge name worth giving up quliaty talent or prospects for. Cleveland gave up a lot for Jimenez. Mets pretty much paid for Beltran to leave. Lets see how Cozart /Heisey/Chapman/Frazier/Alonzo play when they get more bats. Give the young guys a chance to be in a pennant race and play some meaningful games. This will lead to better evaluation of these players and then the organization knows what it has talent wise. I really believe Rolen would have been moved if healthy. Shame his shoulder didnt hold up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    sweep of the Giants over the wknd.

Very good.

Gomes only trade @ deadline.

I read Jayson Stark calling Cincy losers for not making any moves. I dont consider the Reds losers. There was no huge name worth giving up quliaty talent or prospects for. Cleveland gave up a lot for Jimenez. Mets pretty much paid for Beltran to leave. Lets see how Cozart /Heisey/Chapman/Frazier/Alonzo play when they get more bats. Give the young guys a chance to be in a pennant race and play some meaningful games. This will lead to better evaluation of these players and then the organization knows what it has talent wise. I really believe Rolen would have been moved if healthy. Shame his shoulder didnt hold up this season.
    We really needed to make a move. Alonso especially is ripe to move. Votto blocks his path to the majors and he is ready for the big leagues now. Obviously I wasn't privy to these conversations, but we have the assets and I am a little upset we didn't do anything. I agree though, Jimenez scares me and I'm glad it was the Indians who took that risk and not us.

Banned

The Reds have several quality pro ready players in their system. The problem is these guys are not all star worthy prospects. Yes, they may be everyday quality players in the show. ie Jeff Keppinger but nothing to net an impact player.

The problem is not the pitching (IMO) The problem is the lack of moving runners in scoring position and scoring runs. What impact bats were available Beltran/Pence.

Pirates were considered buyers and all they picked up were Ryan Ludwick & Derreck Lee. I would rather have Alonzo then trade him for either of those players for a short term fix. Ludwick is not going to beat the Phils.

I read the cincy papers, follow 700 WLW, & The team is not in panic mode. They think they can still win the division as assembled. If not, then make moves. Let the Players play it out this season. They are the returning division champions. We did move Gomes to clear the way for Alonzo & Heisey. Cozart down Frazier steps up. Next man In much like the Colts!!!

The Pirates were extremely cautious buyers. They know damn good and well they shouldn't be doing as well as they are right now and that their time to strike is still a year or two away. They weren't going to give up anything good to land a real impact player like Beltran or Pence, so they made the deals for Ludwick and Lee that I'm not sure actually make them any better. It might appease their fanbase in thinking they were buyers, but those two aren't going to have much of an impact imo.

As for the Reds, of course they aren't in panic mode. Why should they be? They are still in the playoff race and their core is still very good. No reason to panic at all. The team is disappointing this year and they still need a frontline, bonafide #1 starter. Cueto has played the role well this year, but the other members of the rotation have underwhelmed. The offense was full of timely hits last year and it seems as if they have run out of a bit of that magic this year. The sweep of the Giants was huge. They absolutely have to win this series in Houston that starts tonight. The Astros are ****ing awful and should be considered a Triple A team at this point. Honestly, we need to sweep them, hope the Brewers/Cardinals beat up on each other, and that Pittsburgh comes back down to earth a little, which they have started to do.

Banned

Jockety want to win the war. He is looking towards next season.

Rasmus is gone from St Louis.

Prince (Brew Crew) & Big Al (Louie) are FA's

Cubs & Houston is are looking towards 2013 @ the earliest.

The Reds are in good long term shape.

Last night was another hearbreaker, ball pops out of Hannigans glove. Word is Edison has been pitching well in Louisville. Travis Wood is still having control issues.

Nick Massett frustrated me so much last night. I wanted Willis to get that W so bad.. Pitched some pretty good innings, then when Dusty left him out there to bat one more time, he hit a HR! He single handedly gave the team the lead as he was being sat down.. Then Massett couldn't do anything right and got 5 guys on base in a row..

Reds are so close to getting things together, looked fine last night, Massett just was a huge weakness when he came in last night.

EDIT: always seems to be just one thing that is missing. Last night it was just Massett, a lot of times lately its been lack of hits while we have runners on.. Just got to put everything together!
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 08-04-2011 at 01:58 PM.