Thread: Ramifications of MIL/CHA

Default Ramifications of MIL/CHA

Would you rather have MIL lose tonight to put them a couple games back while CHA ties with the Pacers (assuming IND loss), or would you rather CHA lose tonight to put them and the bucks at equal position away from the pacers. It is a toss up to me, don't know if I would rather one team be close and one team far, or both teams average distance away.
    DG for 3

Default Re: Ramifications of MIL/CHA

I still think the Bucks are the better team right now. However, the Bobcats are 1 game up on the Bucks and if you feel confident that the Pacers will beat the Bucks Friday night then you should root for the Bucks to beat the Cats.

if you think the Bucks will bea the Pacers Friday night then you should want the Bobcats tonight
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-28-2011 at 01:45 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Pacers have the Tie Breaker over CHA, plus I read somewhere that the Bucks have the easier schedule. It would look worse tomorrow, being tied with CHA and a two game lead on Milwaukee, but for the long haul you probably want Charlotte to win.

If the Bucks win tonight and the Pacers lose to them Friday, it might just be over for the Blue and Gold.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think the Bucks are the better team right now. However, the Bobcats are 1 game up on the Bucks and if you feel confident that the Pacers will beat the Bucks Friday night then you should root for the Bucks to beat the Cats.
    Agreed. I'd rather Charlotte be in the rear-view mirror, even if it means the Bucks eek half-a-game closer.

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    Would you rather have MIL lose tonight to put them a couple games back while CHA ties with the Pacers (assuming IND loss), or would you rather CHA lose tonight to put them and the bucks at equal position away from the pacers. It is a toss up to me, don't know if I would rather one team be close and one team far, or both teams average distance away.
    Re: the bolded, remember we hold the tiebreaker with Charlotte. So in essence right now they are two games back as well. I'm not certain that this changes things. Right now I'm ambivalent but leaning towards Uncle Buck's assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    , plus I read somewhere that the Bucks have the easier schedule.
    Yes Bucks schedule is tougher. Both play at Magic and Heat, so that cancels out, but the Bucks end in OKC that and the Bucks have 3 more road games

Bucks -
    @ Charlotte
    @ Toronto
    @ Indiana
    Sixers
    @Orlando
    @Miami
    @ Detroit
    Cavs
    Raptors
    @OKC

Bobcats -
    Bucks
    Cavs
    @Orlando
    Wizards
    @Cleveland
    Magic
    @Miami
    Pistons
    @New jersey
    Hawks
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-28-2011 at 01:54 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I still worry more about the Bucks than Charlotte. Mostly I just think they need to take care of business and not hope for a collapse from two other teams.

Pacers last game of the year is AT Orlando who is 4 behind Miami and 5.5 ahead of ATL. Likely a meaningless game for Orlando, I could see them shutting Dwight Howard down for that game, lets hope it doesn't come down to that, though.
    Last edited by Speed; 03-28-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I still worry more about the Bucks than Charlotte. Mostly I just think they need to take care of business and not hope for a collapse from two other teams.
    I agree. Plus Bogut is starting to play pretty well and the Bucks have shortened their rotation to mainly the starters and 3 off the bench. Yes the Bulls beat them Saturday night, but Bucks led most of the game.

If the Pacers lose to tonight and beat the Pistons Wednesday. If the Bucks beat the Bobcats tonight and beat the Raptors Wednesday, all of which I would expect to happen - that sets up a game Friday night where the Pacers and Bucks are tied in the loss column. I want to see how the Pacers play in that situation.

Pacers still have the upper hand. If they just win the games they are supposed to which are the three home games Pistons, Bucks, Wizards and then just win one other game, then IMO they are in. I think 4-4 if one of the wins is against the Bucks will get the pacers in.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-28-2011 at 02:23 PM.

I know there are threads about this, but the Pacers magic number is 7, I believe. No, they aren't going to win 7 of 8, but its the closest I can remember them being in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I agree. Plus Bogut is starting to play pretty well and the Bucks have shortened their rotation to mainly the starters and 3 off the bench. Yes the Bulls beat them Saturday night, but Bucks led most of the game.

If the Pacers lose to tonight and beat the Pistons Wednesday. If the Bucks beat the Bobcats tonight and beat the Raptors Wednesday, all of which I would expect to happen - that sets up a game Friday night where the Pacers and Bucks are tied in the loss column. I want to see how the Pacers play in that situation.

Pacers still have the upper hand. If they just win the games they are supposed to which are the three home games Pistons, Bucks, Wizards and then just win one other game, then IMO they are in. I think 4-4 if one of the wins is against the Bucks will get the pacers in.
    Bucks and Bobcats have 10 each left. I could see the Bucks going 6-4. Bobcats going 4-6.

Pacers have 8 left, if they go 4-4, they are in.

Pacers 36-46
    Bucks 35-47
    Bobcats 34-48

If they beat Piston, Bucks, and Wizards. NY could be that 4th win and that should do it. However, nothing is a given with this team as we've seen.

Mon 28vs Boston 7:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM
    Wed 30vs Detroit 7:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM
    AprilOpponentTimeLocal TVNat TVRadio
    Fri 01vs Milwaukee 7:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM
    Sun 03@ New Orleans 7:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM
    Wed 06vs Washington 7:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM
    Fri 08vs Atlanta 7:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM
    Sun 10vs New York 7:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM
    Wed 13@ Orlando 8:00pmFSIHDWIBC 93 FM

Question: Whats the next tie breaker, if the Pacers beat the Bucks on Friday, I believe they'll be 2-2 on the season series.

Answering my own question, its Division Won-Loss record. Found here.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/playoff_picture.html#tbb

Currently

Pacers 7-7
    Bucks 5-8

The Pacers HAVE to win Friday.

TIEBREAKER BASIS:
    (-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
    (1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
    (2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
    (3) Division won-lost percentage
    (4) Conference won-lost percentage
    (5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
    (6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
    (7) Net Points, all games
    x-Clinched Playoff Berth | o-Eliminated from Playoffs contention | e-Clinched Eastern Conference | w-Clinched Western Conference
    nw-Clinched Northwest Division | p-Clinched Pacific Conference | sw-Clinched Southwest Division | a-Clinched Atlantic Division
    c-Clinched Central Conference | se-Clinched Southeast Conference
    *-Games remaining vs.Teams Over/Under .500

While I'm looking at it. Conference records are:

Pacers 23-22
    Bucks 21-22
    Last edited by Speed; 03-28-2011 at 02:54 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post: