Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hansbrough - What Does It Take To Please

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hansbrough - What Does It Take To Please

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well then how do you explain the boners on this board for Paul George?
    I am actually disappointed in Paul because I watched him at Fresno and know he can shoot better and play better offensivly. Most people didnt know who he was and didnt think he would contributed this year because thats what the "experts" said. So they are all thrilled with his play this year because his effort and defense and his "poetinal". I still think he will figure it out but ive been a little disappointed in him this year. I relize he is young but he isnt playing how he did in collge he is playing way to massive. I still think in 3 years if he works hard will be the best player on the team but he is a long way off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    So the idea is 10 games isn't enough to be sold on him, and I would agree.

Then my question is: How many games is enough? 20? 30? 50? 100? Never?

Never.

Kind of reminds me of the Stephen Colbert bit from last night...when he was talking about everyone saying NOW was not the right time to be talking about safety policy regarding nuclear plants.

He joked "The right time will be a year from now, when we can all say...nothing has happened in a year what are we worried about?" (not an exact quote)

Reading this thread made me think of that.

FWIW, (speaking as an uneducated idiot) I was sold on Hansbrough the first time he scored 20 points last season against the Hawks.
    Last edited by Jon Theodore; 03-24-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

For me, my personal PG boner is due to the fact that I find him very attractive.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

because paul george looks like he can become the best player on the team. tyler looks like he can become a decent player.

paul had athletic ability up the wazoo. paul looks like he is a guy that can score 20 ppg and defend the other guys best player. in short, paul has a much higher ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    For me, my personal PG boner is due to the fact that I find him very attractive.
    LOL .. eww ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Well a 20 year old averaging 8 ppg in the NBA is still pretty impressive especially if you facor in the "JOB". I also think many on the board still think he needs 1-2 more years before he is completely ready.

People have been doubting Tyler his entire basketball career. I don't see any reason for the doubting to stop any time soon.

He will continue to prove the doubters wrong, just like he always has in the past.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    I've found the Pacers need a PF idea gathered momentum awhile ago and for some reason, dispite tons of evidence to the contrary, people still think it's our biggest need.

This is what I think this team needs, in order:

1.) A point guard. Bigger, better defender, better passer.
    2.) A shooting guard who can create for himself
    3.) Backup center to replace Foster

I agree 100%.

I am not sure if teams will fully adjust to Tyler.. Who would you rather shut down? Granger? Hibbert? or Hansbrough? Then you have DC coming off screens with tons of room if you want to take away the screen game. It aint as easy as " take this guy away " and that be that.

The Pacers have 5 guys starting that can do damage and taking one away is just going to open up someone else. So its good if teams want to try and focus on Tyler IMO. Just means more room for everyone else.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Well a 20 year old averaging 8 ppg in the NBA is still pretty impressive especially if you facor in the "JOB". I also think many on the board still think he needs 1-2 more years before he is completely ready.
    Tyreke Evans was 20 aving 20pts 5assits and 5rebs last year

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Tyreke Evans was 20 aving 20pts 5assits and 5rebs last year
    Dude also was given the basketball way more times than PG gets it now.

In regards to Tyler, I think everyone should keep ****ting on Tyler Hansbrough's play. It seems to be working in his favor.

Keep it up, Pacers Digest! For the good of the team!

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Who cares if Josh makes Roy better? I think Roy's made a pretty clear this year through his play that he might be a solid center who will have some good stretches, but he is not the long term corner stone of your team. Basically, you don't decide who else to start based on Roy Hibbert.

Tyler has helped the Pacers win more. Roy and Danny are like yo-yos. Their stats in wins and losses are polar opposites. Tyler doesn't see nearly as much variation...in other words, he's actually been much more consistent.
    Has Tyler helped the Pacers win more than Roy and Danny? How do you quantify that?

When it comes to wins and losses for this team, over the course of the full season, there is no question in my mind that Roy Hibbert playing well has been the single most important factor when it comes to the team's success. Granger is a distant second, probably followed by Collison.

Tyler has had a very good stretch of games here, that is indisputable. But to say he is consistent is simply not true. Just go back to the month of February. His points totals for February were: 13, 13, 8, 18, 2, 14, 2, 16, 8, 17, 21, 3, 13. He was all over the map.

Maybe he has just "figured it out," and what he has done during the month of March is what he going to do for the rest of his career. Or maybe this is a good stretch, that isn't entirely sustainable. Nobody knows yet, but there is no reason to pretend that what he is doing recently is what he has been doing all along.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Dude also was given the basketball way more times than PG gets it now.

!
    True but it isnt that impressive if you look at all the players who were 18 -20 aveing more than 8ppg in the NBA .

Mood

True but it isnt that impressive if you look at all the players who were 18 -20 aveing more than 8ppg in the NBA .
    All it tells me is that Kings were (and still are) very, very bad.

Mood

All it tells me is that Kings were (and still are) very, very bad.
    Kobe at 19 aved 15 ppg and made the all-star game. LBJ at 18 aved 20. I could go on and on all im saying his 8ppg at 20 isnt all that impressive. T mac at 18 only aved 8ppg and was as raw as PG give him time. But 8ppg at 20 isnt "really impressive" to me.

Kobe at 19 aved 15 ppg and made the all-star game. LBJ at 18 aved 20. I could go on and on all im saying his 8ppg at 20 isnt all that impressive. T mac at 18 only aved 8ppg and was as raw as PG give him time. But 8ppg at 20 isnt "really impressive" to me.
    It is if you are the fifth option and you don't get the ball very often.

Kobe (maybe not as much as the others..but still plenty) LBJ, TMac, Evans all had the ball in their hands an extraordinary amount of time.

Now, because PG is raw I don't think he'd be more efficient than them, but if we included him more than he would have better numbers. (Granted, that is partially his fault. )

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I don't think it takes the NBA that long to figure players out. They don't need a whole offseason.

Roy started off the season playing really well, and then teams adjusted after the first month. If Tyler can string together two whole months of this, I think it's a safe assumption that he can continue it into next season as well.
    I'm saying it may take an off-season for the player to re counter. I thinking that for a guy like Roy, he'll work in the off season to counter, since you're limited on what you can add to your game, in season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    When it comes to wins and losses for this team, over the course of the full season, there is no question in my mind that Roy Hibbert playing well has been the single most important factor when it comes to the team's success. Granger is a distant second, probably followed by Collison.

Tyler has had a very good stretch of games here, that is indisputable. But to say he is consistent is simply not true. Just go back to the month of February. His points totals for February were: 13, 13, 8, 18, 2, 14, 2, 16, 8, 17, 21, 3, 13. He was all over the map.
    In all fairness February was the first month Tyler ever had the minutes per game on a consistent basis to even get out of the starting gate. Had he not had the health issues last year and had O'Brien not been the coach I think you might have a more valid point here. The way it is I don't think so. Just my opinion, nothing against you. If you think I am crazy that's fine. Tyler's career really began in February and I say the progress has been remarkable.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerHound View Post
    In all fairness February was the first month Tyler ever had the minutes per game on a consistent basis to even get out of the starting gate. Had he not had the health issues last year and had O'Brien not been the coach I think you might have a more valid point here. The way it is I don't think so. Just my opinion, nothing against you. If you think I am crazy that's fine. Tyler's career really began in February and I say the progress has been remarkable.
    What about January? He averaged basically the same number of minutes per game as February, and was similarly inconsistent.

Are you saying O'Brien is at fault for that?

Mood

What about January? He averaged basically the same number of minutes per game as February, and was similarly inconsistent.

duh JOB is the reason for global warming everything he does is horrible JOB's is at falut for everything that goes wrong in the world

Yeah, if you want to know the truth. It is not just how many minutes you get but when and how. You can put a guy in for 3, 4, and 5 minute segments and if you do it often enough he can rack up some minutes but you cannot get it going in short segments like that, not on a consistent basis, no way and that is exactly how O'Brien played him. I didn't like it then nor now. To Vogel's credit those short segments came to an end.

You are the stat expert not me so tell me how many minutes Tyler averaged per game in January and then in February and now in March. I can tell you for I well remember whatever minutes he got under O'Brien were generally of a short duration even if he got in for X number of minutes per game plus better not mess up Tyler or else you will be over here on the pine. Those were the conditions he played under way back when. Got to go watch Butler now.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerHound For This Useful Post:

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Actually Tyler insinuated that himself...

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

In regards to Tyler, I think everyone should keep ****ting on Tyler Hansbrough's play. It seems to be working in his favor.

Keep it up, Pacers Digest! For the good of the team!
    The worst a** kicking of a straw man since Wizard of Oz.

That's right all you 5% of PD, you just keep on saying Tyler isn't going to be an all-star or maybe Larry Bird. He'll show you.

Let's put a poll up, this Pacers player might make an all-star team:
    Tyler
    Josh
    Rush
    George
    Roy
    AJ

or this player should start, same list. Tell me Tyler doesn't lead the PD vote even over Roy or George.

Freaking Pacers fan with this artificial "the world is against us" chip about everything. Tyler has shot well for about 20 days max and people are ready to say Tyler has defied all critics and blown away his top 15 draft slot and that despite a ton of other people saying the same thing the world must be against Tyler.

People "against" Tyler, ie people that doubted his chances to match where he was drafted - me
    , um, maybe MackeyRose I think, maybe 3 other people. The majority of fans loved the Tyler pick since day 1.

There are more PD Pacers fans that still think Josh shouldn't be in the NBA than aren't on the Tyler is great bandwagon around here. Again that's "in NBA" vs "should be starting". The list of people that would let Josh start for the Pacers now is about maybe 2-3 PD members total. Would. Let. Start.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Mood

Jrue Holiday in a Pacers uniform instead

Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    Actually Tyler insinuated that himself...
    Yep. I think Tyler slams Jim more than the basketball.