Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hansbrough - What Does It Take To Please

Default Re: Hansbrough - What Does It Take To Please

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In general you do not build a team by looking at the stats, in fact that is usually a disaster if you do. For example, you do not build a team by saying OK Tyler is averaging 21 PPG OK we are set there, Roy is averaging 15 a game, Danny 20 OK our front line is set, end of discussion, let move on. No that is just the wrong approach. The players must fit together.
    I agree with that if you're talking about players who you are acquiring from different teams and are now hoping they can play together. But these three are all doing this together now, so if you like their stats that they are producing while on the same team, then I think that says they fit well enough. At least when it comes to offense.

It is still early IMO. Although what I really don't understand is the criticism he's been getting since he joined the draft up until now. I think with his current level of play, the point that his offensive game won't translate in the NBA should now be dismissed.

What I really want from him to improve is his rebounding. He can get tough rebounds, yes. But with his toughness I expect him to get better rebounding numbers on a consistent basis. Hopefully with additional experience and training he'll improve on that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I defiantly wouldn't say that is the best defensive frontcourt in the NBA. Noah is the only guy I think defensively is exceptional and he isn't guarding him most of the time and if Boozer is in the game then I think we see a different stat line.
    I agree. If Boozer had played, Hansbrough might have gone for 40.

Banned

I think he needs to free Libia and score 20/20/20 to make his critics happy.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-24-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    With that said I do not know who we would go after but a player like dwill would make.this.team top 5 worthy pretty quick. We would have to wait another year to get him though.
    Stop. Please. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that a player like DWill is going to come here. NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    Stop. Please. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that a player like DWill is going to come here. NONE.
    Yes, he really hates playing in small market teams. With wanting to stay in Utah, and all.

I hate these kinds of comments. They sound like woe is me. The truth is you pay him enough money and have a good team around him and it's up in the air.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

What I don't understand is why the Tyler fans get so offended by free agent talk. We have $30M in cap space, and Tyler and Roy are our only bigs under contract. Of course we're gonna sign another 4. At least, I would certainly hope so, unless you want Posey there again.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Yes, he really hates playing in small market teams. With wanting to stay in Utah, and all.
    Wait, what? I heard an interview on the Jim Rome show with Utah's GM where he said point blank that they traded Deron because they felt sure that he was going to leave and they wanted to make sure they got something back. What do you know that he doesn't?

You may hate comments like that, but that doesn't mean they're not true. If the Pacers want to win a championship, they're going to need to build through the draft and with quality trades. The idea that they would ever land an elite free agent is simply internet forum fodder. Sorry...

You cannot just look at his play or his stats in a vacuum and say OK he is the answer. You have to over a longer period of time see how he fits with the other starters how does he fit with Danny and Roy. I think by any objective measure we do not have the answer to that question and there is plenty of evidence that it isn't the best fit.
    Yes, and here is my question - why is it that Tyler has to fit Danny and Roy's game versus them having to fit his game? I have not always been real well pleased with Danny's game nor Roy's. We must force Tyler into fitting into their game because they are the "stars." No, Unclebuck did not say that and I am not going to put words into his mouth but I am wondering why there is to be no accomodation to Tyler's game but Tyler has to make all the accomodation to their game.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerHound View Post
    Yes, and here is my question - why is it that Tyler has to fit Danny and Roy's game versus them having to fit his game? I have not always been real well pleased with Danny's game nor Roy's. We must force Tyler into fitting into their game because they are the "stars." No, Unclebuck did not say that and I am not going to put words into his mouth but I am wondering why there is to be no accomodation to Tyler's game but Tyler has to make all the accomodation to their game.
    What accommodations would you like them to make to tylers game?

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't mean this negatively, but if Tyler is playing, all four of his teammates are going to have to accommodate to him and his game.

They are going to have to do so whether they like it or not, because he isn't capable of playing any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    What accommodations would you like them to make to tylers game?
    What accomodations does Unclebuck want Tyler to make to their game?
    Last edited by PacerHound; 03-24-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    I don't mean this negatively, but if Tyler is playing, all four of his teammates are going to have to accommodate to him and his game.

They are going to have to do so whether they like it or not, because he isn't capable of playing any differently.
    I agree.

The thing I'll say though, is if he continues to play like he has been, against all opponents..his way of playing has been shown..time after time..to win games. So the other four players should suck it up and accommodate him.

*once again..thats IF he can sustain his level of play.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Well, if that is the case then there is no option for Bird but to trade him and find someone to fit with these 4 super star teammates he is playing with. Hansbrough fans can sign up for NBA League Pass and follow him wherever he goes.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Well, if that is the case then there is no option for Bird but to trade him and find someone to fit with these 4 super star teammates he is playing with. Hansbrough fans can sign up for NBA League Pass and follow him wherever he goes.
    Dude. That isn't at all what I was saying. What a ridiculous response.

Quite frankly, Tyler is not a guy that you can just throw out there into any lineup and expect him to integrate himself into the group.

That isn't a bad thing necessarily, but the way he plays, offensively, is not a way that is going to endear him to his teammates either.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

What accomodations does Unclebuck want Tyler to make to their game?

I never used the word accomodate. I'm not suggesting Tyler change his game, I was asking whether Tyler and Roy were a good fit together, whether Tyler Danny and Roy were a good fit together. I don't have the answer to that question, my point is we need to answer that instead of saying wow Tyler is averaging 21 points a game yep he's the answer. He might average 6 pts a game and he might be the answer.

I was mainly arguing against the approach that was in the first post

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I agree.

The thing I'll say though, is if he continues to play like he has been, against all opponents..his way of playing has been shown..time after time..to win games. So the other four players should suck it up and accommodate him.

*once again..thats IF he can sustain his level of play.
    There's that.

And also, I believe Tyler is one of those guys who is willing to do whatever is asked of him, to the best of his ability, to help the team win. For now, that's doing what he knows how to do best (basically score and scrap), but I have no doubt that if/when he gets double teamed on a regular basis (if he does), he will be perfectly willing to work on his passing game. I don't know how far down that road he's capable of going, but I believe he'll take himself as far as humanly possibly as his career advances.

For what it's worth, and I can't recall the specifics this afternoon, but there were a couple of times I noticed him at least trying to make passes that I don't recall him trying to make before. I think he's willing to learn to improve at it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quite frankly, Tyler is not a guy that you can just throw out there into any lineup and expect him to integrate himself into the group.

That isn't a bad thing necessarily, but the way he plays, offensively, is not a way that is going to endear him to his teammates either.
    I don't see how they can dislike it too much as long as it's effective. Now, if he drops back down and his efficiency is poor, that's another story.

They always talk about being tied together defensively. Offensively needs this too.

There are so many times Danny and Tyler don't anticipate the open guy when they attack the basket. It's what really good teams do and this group isn't there yet. Paul George does it better than DC, Danny, or Tyler. Paul penetrates to create those passing lanes, actually, really a special player, at times.

Clark pointed it out in last nights telecast, where Tyler drove, was triple teamed at the basket and had PG in the corner, never saw him.

I agree with Hicks, I think he's capable and willing if it means duh winning; he just needs to understand and recognize where the spots are to do it.

As most of you know I'm not a huge fan of Josh, but Josh is probably a better fit with Roy and Danny. Josh makes Danny and Roy better because of his passing and ball handling. Although it is more likely that Tyler instead of Josh makes the Pacers a better team.

As most of you know I'm not a huge fan of Josh, but Josh is probably a better fit with Roy and Danny. Josh makes Danny and Roy better because of his passing and ball handling. Although it is more likely that Tyler instead of Josh makes the Pacers a better team.
    Didn't we just watch all three of them do quite well in the same game? Danny, Tyler, and Roy?

I mean, I get that Josh is a facilitator, but I think you're still better off with the trio that's starting now, so long as Tyler continues his recent level of play (and/or improves next year).

I don't completely agree. I think its just familiarity. Danny needs to get a feel for what Tyler is going to do and when. Same with DC. Tyler's not free lancing, you'll know about where he's going to be, its just capitalizing on it by his teammates.

A guy who is just completely money from 20 feet out top and plays physical around the basket when he's not, isn't a guy that doesn't fit, its a guy that needs other guys to optimize his game or maybe more accurately maximize his usage for the betterment of the team, imo.

So ya, Mackeys right that other guys need to adjust to him instead of the opposite, but its because what Hansbrough is doing what he should be doing for his position and his skill set, imo.

Tyler and his teammates can compliment each other, but his teammates need to recognize his value and exploit it. Not see him as an iso guy that you give the ball too and just watch him.

If DC develops into or they get a true pass-first Point Guard, Tyler will be their security blanket. Tyler will be where he is supposed to and he'll finish or draw the foul. Its a true Point Guards dream.

Banned

Any new player the Pacers bring next year his teammates are gonna have to adjust to him, let's say that we sign Zbo, do we really think that Danny,DC and Roy are going to take the same amount of shots? No, Zbo is going to change how they play and because of that they would have to adjust, the same could be say about Tyler or Mcbob.

The last month pretty much sold me. I was not a big fan of Tyler last year or the start of this year. I think he should be our starting PF going forward.

Dude. That isn't at all what I was saying. What a ridiculous response.

What, they don't like winning?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods