Thread: OT: Rick Brunson.com :D

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OT: Rick Brunson.com :D

This site is good for a few laughs. Check out the Stats page.

http://www.rickbrunson.com/
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Default Re: OT: Rick Brunson.com :D

hehe, Rick Brunson played for my team in the NBL (Adelaide 36ers) for a season. Was a pretty decent import, good to see he is back in the NBA, even if he seems to just be floating between teams.

Site good for a few laughs???? Are you nuts???

That damn thing had me

My god the darius Miles hate crime part was just pure gold.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This quote was great.

"If Jerome Moiso was the answer on Jeopardy then the question must be "What speaks French and sits on the end of the bench?""
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This stuff is great, I can't wait to see their recap of the Pacers/Raptors game, lol.

Here's another great section:

"The fans want to see All-Star reserves, with the accent on reserves - players who bring the intangible elements to the game like Bimbo Coles, Scott Padgett, Evan Eschmeyer and Rick Brunson. These types of players work tirelessly for only hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for those precious few minutes they earn on the court. Yet they are now left entirely out of the All-Star voting process.

NBA executives have vowed to make amends by creating a 12th Man Challenge. Select NBA bench-sitters will compete in a series of trials in order to determine the best of the worst the NBA has to offer. Rick Brunson is favourite in the towel-waving event but will see heavy competition in the blown lay-up contest. The butt-slap contest is considered wide-open."

That compitition would actually be great to see, except for the butt-slapping.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's quick link if you want something really funny.

http://www.rickbrunson.com/news/102003/10102003.html

And here's another really funny article. Rick Brunson is bigger than Jesus.

http://www.rickbrunson.com/news/092003/09152003.html

After his career is over, he should be a writer for Page 2. Or if he's charismatic enough, he could be the next Tom Tolbert. :P

I will step up and accept the responsibility that no-one seems to want: Vince Carter, get rid of the headband. You may think you look all cool with that headband down low but I've got one word to describe tonight's look -- dumbass. You looked like a dumbass out there Vince, always making sure the headband sat down low over your ears and on your brow. If you spent that same amount of attention to scoring, just think how much better you would have done.

edit: as i read more and more, I just can't stop laughing
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Rick Brunson Announces All-Star Weekend Schedule

http://www.rickbrunson.com/news/022004/02112004.html

Sports Logo

This stuff is great, I can't wait to see their recap of the Pacers/Raptors game, lol.
    He is on the Bulls now not the Raptors.

Ok we have to get this guy. He is way to funny to be on the Bulls.

this guy is killing me check out his wallpaper.

Sports Logo

http://www.rickbrunson.com/news/rick..._02102004.html

The Rick Report: Bulls Game #30
    Indiana Pacers 103 Chicago Bulls 84
    Bulls Record Since Brunson Trade: 8 - 22
    February 11th, 2004
    By Brunson Bench Buddy B-Huge

After playing some competitive games towards the end of their recent road swing that even included a rare victory in a Western Conference arena, you'd think that the Bulls perhaps had gained some confidence and that they would come out and play hard for the home fans. Well they did, for about a quarter and a half. Then they realized that they have the second-worst record in the NBA and started playing down to that level.

During that spirited 18 minutes of gametime Brunson actually got on the court. He entered at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and left 7 minutes later when the Pacer run had already gotten underway. Brunson had an okay performance. During those 7 minutes he had a couple of assists and a single rebound. The rebound came after he collected his own botched lay-up and then he immediately threw the ball into the hands of Anthony Johnson. Although the Pacers out-scored the Bulls 16-9 while he was on the floor things got much worse after he left. It's tough to tell if the Pacers gained momentum while he was on the floor or if Brunson was the last bastion of competitiveness before the Pacers overwhelmed the home team. It's easier to believe the former.

Brunson got back into the game in the 4th with the Bulls down 23. As soon as Brunson got back into the game the Pacers ran the lead up to 29 points but Brunson collected himself and thanks to his veteran savvy the Bulls narrowed it to 19 before the game ended. Brunson finished with 3 points on 1 for 6 shooting with 3 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 foul and 2 turnovers in 17 minutes. The good news for Brunson was that while he was on the floor against Fred Jones in the 4th quarter he was not posterized by the Dunk Competition challenger. Now when Brunson sits back on his couch this Saturday night he can say, "That dude wasn't so great. He couldn't do that on me. This is one heart so big you can't even jump over it."

The four starting guards (Jamaal Tinsely, Reggie Miller, Kirk Hinrich, Jamal Crawford) combined for 3 rebounds.
    Jerome Williams was the only Bull to finish the game without a turnover.
    Ron Artest failed to kill anybody for the 50th straight game this year.

OMFG that site is awesome.

That's exactly the type of site I'd probably have if I was in the NBA... except I'd be the ballboy.

I don't think it's actually Rick Brunson writing all of this. If you read the Mid-Season Rick Report it looks like it's just some guy. A really really funny guy, but still just some guy.

Besides, look how bland his interview is. Those two can't be the same.

As for actual funny players, we already have Pollard. Maybe that's why we got him...

IndyToad
    Get a piece in place

http://www.rickbrunson.com/news/012004/01152004.html

You guys really need to go through and look at some of these old articles. This is brilliant stuff.

Anybody here ever read the Onion?
    http://www.theonion.com

Sports Logo

I don't think it's actually Rick Brunson writing all of this. If you read the Mid-Season Rick Report it looks like it's just some guy. A really really funny guy, but still just some guy.

Besides, look how bland his interview is. Those two can't be the same.

As for actual funny players, we already have Pollard. Maybe that's why we got him...

IndyToad
    Get a piece in place
    I know he is not the writer but clearly he is cabably of making fun at himself or at least letting his friend do it.

Sports Logo

Wow he has nothing to do with the site at all. Still it is the bext sports site (other than PD of course) that I have ever seen. I bookmarked the site now it will be a regular place to visit for me.

Hey hicks can you add it to the floating digest thingy?

http://www.rickbrunson.com/news/012004/01152004.html

You guys really need to go through and look at some of these old articles. This is brilliant stuff.

Anybody here ever read the Onion?
    http://www.theonion.com
    I love the onion...its hilarious
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.