Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacers Vs. kings ATTENDANCE

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers Vs. kings ATTENDANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Admittedly I'm Indy born and raise so it's perhaps easier for me to say, being used to the city, but I've never felt threatened walking anywhere downtown to anyone concerned about safety. There might be an occasional panhandler or homeless person or whatever, but I doubt there are many cities more safe to walk around than Indy. At least if you stay downtown and don't venture further out toward the East or West sides.
    West side is the river, although with the improvements along the west side of the river it makes for good biking and jogging. East side is I-65/70, gets dodgy past that very quickly. There are exceptions of course but most of the areas past those boundaries still face issues.

Inside those boundaries though, like from Mass Ave/Lockerbie/Chattham Arch over to IUPUI/White River park, everything is normally very safe. I'm not thrilled with my wife jogging just anywhere after dark, but it can be done.

The bigger issue as someone mentioned, is that compared to some cities Indy is just totally dead in most places. If you get to Mass Ave or if you are on Illinois by the mall area, there are plenty of people. But walk from Hoaglins to the canal on a Sunday and you might pass 10 people total.

We've never understood why because there are tons of homes/condos downtown. There are a lot more places to live now than there were 10 years ago. But the pedestrian traffic hasn't seemed to pick up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    Good thing my ticket was only $8.
    Go thing mine were free, lol. It was so embarrassing to watch...

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    We've never understood why because there are tons of homes/condos downtown. There are a lot more places to live now than there were 10 years ago. But the pedestrian traffic hasn't seemed to pick up.
    30 years ago (wow, it really has been that long) I worked for Indiana Bell and spent a lot of time at the North Meridian office. After 5 downtown Indy was a ghost town, with newspaper tumbleweeds blowing through the empty streets.

I don't notice the empty areas (at least, the empty areas that have been improved, I don't spend much time in the other areas) because even they seem to have more car traffic than the whole downtown used to back then.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh