Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/NJ postgame thread

Banned

Default Pacers/NJ postgame thread

We won a game we were supposed to win, players of the game Roy and DC.

Go Pacers

Default Re: Pacers/NJ postgame thread

I think tonight we saw the Hibbert and DC that everyone expected (reasonably or unreasonably) at the beginning of the season.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:

Good win, bad game

But a good win
    Great game by DC, Roy, McRoberts, and i like Rush tonight

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

One of DC's best game as a Pacer

This means nothing though if they stink it up against the Bobcats
    Sittin on top of the world!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

That was annoying to watch. And I had the benefit of fast forwarding.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Granger showed a lot of poise in that second half. After an abysmal start he came out and continued to take his shots until they fell, and they did. Even after missing an embarrassing layup he hustled back on defense, got the steal, and made his points at the other end.

His line won't blow anyone away, but he was a huge part of our victory tonight.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:

Think Darren wanted to show Farmer who really is the better point guard from that UCLA team? Great game by him, Roy, McBob, and second half from Danny. Roy had that look in his eye again that said he wasn't going to let this team lose. Danny came through in the clutch and McBob picked up some of the scoring especially since Tyler didn't have a huge game.

By the way...Darren's line:
    15 points
    12 assists
    6 rebounds

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For as poorly as he's played the last few months, I thought Brandon stepped in and hit some big buckets there in the 4th quarter.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Mood

These are teh games we need to win if we want playoffs. Just take care of business against the teams you should beat and try to steal as many as we can, like against chicago the other night.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

DC and Granger didn't play well in the first half but stepped up in the second half. A solid win against a really bad team (w/o Williams).

I have to say I enjoyed the Nets' broadcasters. They gave credit to the Pacers more than once, they admitted that Vuijacic's shot was a 2-pointer, and so on. Maybe it's just because their team is bad and out of the playoff picture, but after hearing Boston's and Chicago's crew this season, I think it's fair to mention the good work here.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pathil275 For This Useful Post:

One painful win.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Whew 2 game lead on Bucks and Bobcats!

Win at Charlotte would be HUGE. That would put us up 3 games, technically 4 if you count the tiebreaker, with 10 to play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pathil275 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DC and Granger didn't play well in the first half but stepped up in the second half. A solid win against a really bad team (w/o Williams).

I have to say I enjoyed the Nets' broadcasters. They gave credit to the Pacers more than once, they admitted that Vuijacic's shot was a 2-pointer, and so on. Maybe it's just because their team is bad and out of the playoff picture, but after hearing Boston's and Chicago's crew this season, I think it's fair to mention the good work here.
    Yeah the Nets broadcasters are some of the better ones in the league it seems. I was able to listen to them, against Chicago and Boston the game was put on mute for me.

After a terrible stretch early in the second, we went to Roy and he really propelled them to the win. Then Granger hit some big buckets in the second half. DC continues to play well overall, just makes some bonehead mistakes still, but thats to be expected from a second year player.

We battled back and played much better after a terrible start. And the big thing, we won.

We better win in Charlotte.

No reason we should let them have their way.

I really don't want us to lose and those casual fans think they have the greatest team in the world.

This is a statement game for Charlotte to realize they won't have what it takes which they don't ever since trading Wallace away.

Sports Logo

Some stats that caught my eye:

- This game was a must win, and while we did get it, I think we worked too hard for it. Nets aren't really a top team and their star was out, yet our biggest lead was only 10 points and it came down to free throws in the end. The reason IMO was our 19 turnovers (4 DC, 4 Hibbert, 3 Tyler). This will NOT work against a better team. Memphis for example... Still, good win.
    - DC had a rough first quarter but played a good game overall, with 15 pts 12 ast 6 rbs, including the game winning free throws.
    - Roy really kept us in the ball game, especially on the first 3 quarters. Also played OK on defense. It's nice to see Roy stepping up and playing so well on offense, finishing with 24 points.
    - Josh provided a much needed spark off the bench with 14 points.
    - Danny played awful in the first half with just 3 points and 1-9 shooting. However he did manage to heat up, and finished the second half with 17 points, going 6-8, for a total of 20 points.
    - Brandon Rush hasn't been shooting the ball well lately, going 6-29 from the field over his last 5 games. It's not that his shot selection has been bad, he's just not hitting them. He does show a lot of hustle on defense though.

Bottom line, I wanna see Roy and DC with less turnovers, Danny with more consistency, and Rush with less shots. Or more made shots if you believe in his offense...

And yeah, the Nets broadcasters were good. Admitting false calls on their side too. Seem to like Danny and generally the whole team. Were funny too, that neck ball incident- "Whoa! Now that's a game over by rule!" in a serious voice haha
    Last edited by yoadknux; 03-21-2011 at 10:19 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Mike Wells twitter:

Funniest postgame lockerroom moment was a member of the staff handing AJ Price a piece of paper w the address and practice time tomorrow

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Bottom line, I wanna see Roy and DC with less turnovers, Danny with more consistency, and Rush with less shots.
    Shots and turnovers can be counted. Therefore you want FEWER turnovers, not LESS.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Shots and turnovers can be counted. Therefore you want FEWER turnovers, not LESS.
    I like to consider myself a pretty good Graham. Not nearly on the level of Anthem, but still pretty solid, and even I didn't know it should be "fewer" instead of "less"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Thank you! I see this all the time. People rarely use "fewer" correctly, or at all.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Well, DC hit free throws down the stretch, but he made several mistakes, ball gawked, poor defense and decision making.

I'm still cringing from what seems like really low BBall IQ. I hope he starts to improve, but I'm not real hopeful at this point.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

32. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Well, DC hit free throws down the stretch, but he made several mistakes, ball gawked, poor defense and decision making.

I'm still cringing from what seems like really low BBall IQ. I hope he starts to improve, but I'm not real hopeful at this point.
    While I still think there is little question as to his basketball IQ being seriously low, DC did make the smartest play I've seen him make all season tonight when he leaked out off that jump ball for the layup. Granger got credit for the pass during the broadcast, but DC was the one who made it happen.

He makes an unbelievable amount of careless/boneheaded plays with the ball. He dribbles it off his foot, uncontested, at least what seems like a couple times a game.

He's one of the most frustrating players to watch ever, but credit where credit is due, that probably was still one of his best games as a Pacer.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

From merely a functional perspective, I liked this game from Collison. He finally played in the manner I expect from him; he used the PnR and he drove and dished.

So, this is what I would expect from him in his abilities to distribute the ball.

There's no question that he still has a long way to go in limiting his turnovers. But I do think that this game can be targeted as a good start.

well, first off..yes I did go to this game..

I have to be honest, Price not playing doesn't shock me. I have an amazing record of things such as this happening when I go to a game. College, highscool, Pros..either my team is blown out, my favorite player is terrible (or gets hurt) or my favorite player doesn't get to play. At least we didn't get blown out. :P Probably was just seeing friends and stayed to long or something. Frank and His mother (because she didn't get to see him play) just need to smack him upside the head and move on. (Well, now they don't..because Dahntay did that for them..a lot. )

Really tale of two halves..Roy was solid throughout the game, but other than that...

DC was just completely different completely different body language and everything. He really played a great game in the second half. I was glad to see it. (He even defended pretty well..for him..)

Hans..didn't get a lot of shots..but he wasn't scoring well. Still fiesty Hans though. I actually thought Josh played pretty well.

Rush also played well. His shots were short *Until the end* But I have to say..that he was the only guy with any sort of player movement, all night long. So I give him credit there.

Which is my next point. Player movement is obviously what is wrong with our offense. I see it when I watch the game online, but it's even more obvious in person. I was glad to see Brandon moving with some purpose..but everyone else just stands and looks at the point guard. It changed a bit in the second half..but THAT is our biggest problem on offense.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

I think Brook Lopez is a Roegadyn from Final Fantasy.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Hibbert played real well. Only improvement we need to make as a team is to get Hibbert the ball more easily (point guard's responsibility). When he gets it deep its almost always a dunk or a foul.

Other thoughts:

-Thank goodness we didn't draft Brook Lopez, man is he soft. 4 rebounds wtf

-Sundiata Gaines is not a PG. I know he was hyped after the game winner last year against Lebron but it pisses me off when point guards never create anything for their team. Every one of his passes were like end of shotclock making his teammates shoot contested J's.