Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JaJuan Johnson's Future

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: JaJuan Johnson's Future

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, but JJ was the least of the reasons for that. How about the fact that Moore might as well have stayed home?
    Agreed. At least JaJuan still did SOMETHING. E'Twaun was garbage.

I still don't see why they didn't just start running plays for Ryne Smith late in the game. You're down 15-ish points with 4 minutes to go, why are you holding the ball instead of running Smith off screens or something to get him open shots, since he was the only one hitting all game long?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Sure, but JJ was the least of the reasons for that. How about the fact that Moore might as well have stayed home?
    ya he really didnt show up. He actually was a big negative he was getting lite up on defense.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    That is fine, thats why I said the whole team had a role to play. But when he is coming over to double up on a guy when he doesn't have to to try to get a block and leaving his guy wide open and his guy gets a easy to whose fault is that?

Or when he is playing zone and is letting guys get behind him and not aware where they are whose fault is that?

Or when he didn't box out I guess that is his teams fault to...

I think he is good but he really didn't play up to All American or close to all american form that game.
    The opponents guy shouldn't let him get to the middle of the court, but you have to switch if the defender gets picked in that situation or else you've got a guy with the ball with a short path to the basket with a potential layup or dunk.

Painter should have called a timeout way earlier in the 2nd half and adjusted the defense.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    lol 2 things no one ever said he was to blame for the lost atleast I didn't, but he contributed.

As for the other part of your comment all I can do is Laugh...

Who can't make a uncontested dunk or layup.

How many decent college 1, 2, and 3's cant hit wide open uncontested 3's?

We didn't even change our game plan til a couple min left in the 2nd and all we did was switch johnson to defend the 1, jackson was getting beat all night and it took us that long to try something new. If it works or not atleast try something, we were getting beat on every play.

Maybe I am just a harsh fan, I will leave it alone...
    Sounds like the coach needs to shoulder a little of the blame. Players were outplayed, coaches were outcoached, cheerleaders were out cheered, mascots were out mascotted!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

Banned

Yes I am bumping a thread. Jajuan Johnson is the topic of the day!!!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Well lurk no more....

JJ seems to me like he has a game that translates to the NBA. Personally I don't know why people think he is a late first round pick because he easily has the stats and abilities to put himself in the mid first round IMO.

What impresses me most about him is that he is able to hit 15-18 foot jump shots over defenders on pull ups or off his dribble. I have seen him defended really well and was still able to hit his shot. Athletically he is so so but at 6'10 I don't think he will a liability at all.

He still needs to add some weight but I think he would be a steal in the late 1st round. He is the type of guy though who is going to jump up in the draft boards as workouts begin.

I think JJ can only play the 4 in the NBA. Laterally IMO he is too slow to guard almost all 3's in the nba and he doesn't have the frame to put on enough weight to be a 5.

Personally I don't care if he is a strictly considered a 4 because he is pretty well polished for the NBA.
    I get what your saying but, vs certian teams he should easily be able to step in at the 3 position and cause a huge mismatch on 15-18 foot jumpers and would / should help the PF/C to dominate the paint. I am pretty sure he will be coming off the bench, so the mismatch will present itself more often the you think. Do not underestimate that huge wing span to help compensate lateral movement. He would not do well against Melo i'm sure, but there are many SF's in the league that don't shoot the 3 well or doesn't drive well.
    There has been many PF's play in the SF position at times to create mismatches in the paint and I think he has the tools to do so. I'm sure the NBA will condition his legs and he can improve there alittle more. As I mentioned before, it will depend on the team he goes to and the teams needs and the teams vision of him.