Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunleavy "Update"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dunleavy "Update"

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused. Are we talking about Dunleavy here? I guess not?

Because if we are, those numbers are totally off.

Dunleavy shot .500 FG% his last ten games.

Also, .500% from the 3.

and .769 FT%....

You were looking at someone else's line, or something.

And, the Pacers went 7-3, not 5-5. That was Feb 2 to Feb 22.
    That's what I thought as well.

So Dunleavy might be back late next week. If so, I definitely think he should be back with the team and probably should go back to the starting lineup when he's ready because PG hasn't been very good since he's been in the starting lineup and the bench has lost a lot of it's punch without him. Paul will also have his number called more with the bench players and there will be less pressure on him to perform.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If and when, I imagine Vogel will bring him back as a 2nd unit guy first, to see how much rust needs to be worked off. If we're winning consistently at that point, he may well stay in the 2nd unit. He was down to about 22 minutes a game under V (from 30-some under JOB) anyway.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    That's what I thought as well.

So Dunleavy might be back late next week. If so, I definitely think he should be back with the team and probably should go back to the starting lineup when he's ready because PG hasn't been very good since he's been in the starting lineup and the bench has lost a lot of it's punch without him. Paul will also have his number called more with the bench players and there will be less pressure on him to perform.
    I think that the offense has been bad because BOTH PG AND Hansbrough ( both more aggressive and effective on the offensive end ) has been replaced by BRush and McBob...both of which aren't as effective at scoring but more often then not facilitate and move the ball around.

IMHO....I think that we should keep things the way they are once Dunleavy returns:

1st Unit Starting Lineup ( keep it the way it is now ):

PG - Collison
    SG - George
    SF - Granger
    PF - Hansbrough
    C - Hibbert

2nd Unit Backup Lineup:

PG - Lance or AJ ( whoever doesn't show up late for the game )
    SG - Inferno or BRush ( based off of matchup and need )
    SF - Dunleavy
    PF - McBob
    C - Foster

Moving Dunleavy to the 2nd Unit while pairing him up with Inferno or BRush at the backup SG/SF spots and McBob and Foster should help on the defensive end. IMHO.....Inferno and BRush shouldn't be on the floor at the same time.....BRush's passiveness on the offensive end can hurt the Team at times...whereas the same can be said of Inferno's "black hole" offense. I'd prefer to have either of them....specifically defensive minded role Players...to only be paired up with Dunleavy. On the offensive end...I think that pairing Lance ( or AJ ), Dunleavy and McBob should significantly improve the ball movement. This would also allow Dunleavy to be more of a primary scorer and facilitator in the 2nd Unit and make the 2nd Unit scoring more efficient and therefore effective.

As most would probably prefer....given PGs improving offensive skills and his notable improved defensive skills.....along with adding Hansbrough's offensive and defensive presense to the Starting lineup...we should keep the Starting lineup the way it is. Having a Starting Lineup with DC/PG/Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert...specifically decent to solid scoring options at all spots in the lineup while ( most notably ) being solid on the Defensive end COULD force opposing Teams to be more honest on the defensive end.

I think that adding Dunleavy to the 2nd unit will have less impact to the overall chemistry of the rotation then adding him to the Starting lineup. For defensive purposes and the existing continuity...I'd really prefer to keep the 1st and 2nd unit more balanced based off of the way it is now....especially with defense a concern with Dunleavy at the Starting SG spot.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-22-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Agreed.

Now that we've seen that Dahntay is actually a decent offensive player (despite being a black hole), I just don't want to see Rush take the floor unless it's due to foul trouble.

In my opinion, and I'm sure some will disagree, PG is already a better defender than Rush. Dahntay is just as good at Rush, and he actually isn't afraid of the paint.

Both of those guys are just as good, if not better defenders than Rush. They're both more confident, and they actually contribute to the offense.

I sure hope Rush is gone at the end of this season. Having Dun back for at least the playoffs (if we make it) would be huge. Dun is a defensive liability, but we have Dahntay to play as our 2nd unit defensive stopper. At least Dunleavy would facilitate the offense and not just disappear on us.

The only way I want Rush back is if Dahntay is gone/Rush can play in case of injury or foul trouble.

Rush to me is the 11th or 12th guy. Nice to have around in case of foul trouble/injuries and he's not completely horrible, just mostly.

And hey, at least he can hit an open 3 pointer every now and then

Go ahead Rush lovers. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.
    Paul George is not a better defender than Brandon Rush. Watch Rush play, he is the team's best on the ball defender and has enough quickness to stay between his man and the basket.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    How did he break his thumb in the first place?
    Maybe we should ask Lance.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I think that the offense has been bad because BOTH PG AND Hansbrough ( both more aggressive and effective on the offensive end ) has been replaced by BRush and McBob...both of which aren't as effective at scoring but more often then not facilitate and move the ball around.

IMHO....I think that we should keep things the way they are once Dunleavy returns:

PG - Collison
    SG - George
    SF - Granger
    PF - Hansbrough
    C - Hibbert

2nd Unit Backup Lineup:

SF - Dunleavy
    PF - McBob
    C - Foster

Moving Dunleavy to the 2nd Unit while pairing him up with Inferno or BRush at the backup SG/SF spots and McBob and Foster should help on the defensive end. IMHO.....Inferno and BRush shouldn't be on the floor at the same time.....BRush's passiveness on the offensive end can hurt the Team at times...whereas the same can be said of Inferno's "black hole" offense. I'd prefer to have either of them....specifically defensive minded role Players...to only be paired up with Dunleavy. On the offensive end...I think that pairing Lance ( or AJ ), Dunleavy and McBob should significantly improve the ball movement. This would also allow Dunleavy to be more of a primary scorer and facilitator in the 2nd Unit and make the 2nd Unit scoring more efficient and therefore effective.

As most would probably prefer....given PGs improving offensive skills and his notable improved defensive skills.....along with adding Hansbrough's offensive and defensive presense to the Starting lineup...we should keep the Starting lineup the way it is. Having a Starting Lineup with DC/PG/Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert...specifically decent to solid scoring options at all spots in the lineup while ( most notably ) being solid on the Defensive end COULD force opposing Teams to be more honest on the defensive end.

I think that adding Dunleavy to the 2nd unit will have less impact to the overall chemistry of the rotation then adding him to the Starting lineup. For defensive purposes and the existing continuity...I'd really prefer to keep the 1st and 2nd unit more balanced based off of the way it is now....especially with defense a concern with Dunleavy at the Starting SG spot.

Those are great points. I can see why Dunleavy might work out well on the 2nd unit. He could also take on more of a facilitator role in the half court since AJ isn't a true PG or distributor. He doesn't turn the ball over excessively and he's also been a good rebounder this season.

I'm actually looking forward to Dunleavy's return which is something I didn't expect when he went down with that thumb injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

PG - Collison
    SG - George
    SF - Granger
    PF - Hansbrough
    C - Hibbert

2nd Unit Backup Lineup:

SF - Dunleavy
    PF - McBob
    C - Foster

This is something I have been calling for quite awhile now. Vogel started to get it right by starting PG and Hans. I think the benefits of Dun on the second unit are larger than those of him in the first unit. Plus he will be at his natural SF position, which will benefit him quite a bit too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PG Collison/Price
    SG George/Rush
    SF Granger/Dunleavy
    PF Hansbrough/McRoberts
    C Hibbert/Foster

This is our best rotation/lineups to go with.

Mike is better coming off the bench to give the team a solid scoring contribution and will keep the second unit offense active and moving without the ball.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sure if anybody would be interested in this or not, but I thought I'd go ahead and post:

I went down to Memphis on Saturday to watch the Grizz/Pacers game and Mike was out doing pre-game shootaround and he was out there for quite a while running/conditioning and then also shooting a lot. I would say that he should be back sometime soon I would think since he was out there shooting LOTS of jumpers...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

Dunleavy is getting his broken thumb checked Monday. If cleared, expect to see him back in the lineup at some point this week.
    Hoping for good news tomorrow, we need Mike for this final stretch

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post: