Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunleavy "Update"

Default Dunleavy "Update"

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=156636&spln=1

That is a fantasy basketball site but it says Dunleavy will have Xrays on his thumb and be re-evaluated in 10 days. So March 28th. I'd like for him to come back before the playoffs. It'd suck royally for Mike if the first time he makes the playoffs in his career he's injured and can't play.

*EDIT

Brunner also had a piece on Dunleavy yesterday in Caught in the Web

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/blog_brunner.html#110318

At the time of Mike Dunleavy's injury, it didn't really seem like a game-changer for the Pacers.
    They were, after all, deeper at the wing positions than anywhere else on the roster, so there was no shortage of candidates to fill the void.

As it has turned out, however, the Pacers have felt the pain of Dunleavy's absence.

Today marks the four-week point in Dunleavy's recovery from a broken thumb, original forecast as six-to-eight weeks. If it's six, he'll be back for the final two weeks of the regular season. If it's eight, that means waiting until the playoffs, assuming the team qualifies.

"It's just been tough watching in general," Dunleavy said. "I like being out there and this is the best chance I've ever had to make the playoffs and I'd like to be able to contribute. It is a bit agonizing but it is what it is and hopefully I'll be back soon."

In his ninth season, Dunleavy is still waiting for his first playoff experience. He'd like to be back before the postseason but knows he cannot rush the healing process.

"Time is of the essence right now, just waiting for the thing to heal," he said. "I'm going to go back to the doctor in 10 days for another X-ray and update and we'll see what he says.

"I think they're pleased with how I'm doing. The good news is I'm able to stay in shape and keep my legs underneath me so hopefully once I am cleared I'll be able to jump right back into the mix."

In the 13 games Dunleavy has missed, the Pacers have gone 4-9 and the offense has struggled mightily, averaging 97.9 points on 42.9 percent shooting overall and 31.1 percent from the 3-point line. Assists have been way down, to 16.7 per game, in the absence of perhaps the team's best passer.

Interim coach Frank Vogel isn't pointing to Dunleavy's injury as a primary reason for those issues.

"I think it's more a statement on we've been playing better defenses," he said, "and that's slowed us down a little bit."

Credit Vogel for refusing the excuse. But there's no doubt the Pacers have missed Dunleavy – almost as much as he has missed playing.
    Last edited by Phree Refill; 03-19-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Default Re: Dunleavy "Update"

Yeah, and I think he'd be perfect in that second unit that, as of right now, has no real offense.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Right before he was injured the guy was going off. His three point shooting had really came around and his shot off the picks was almost automatic. As a sixth man he could make us very dangerous entering the playoffs as long as his stroke is still there.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Conrad's piece is dated yesterday, the 18th.

So March 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conrad's piece is dated yesterday, the 18th.

So March 28th.
    Good call. I was going off the Rotoworld. I'll update my original post. I hope he gets good news. I agree with Ozwalt and Dohman in that I think he'll be perfect with that second unit.
    Last edited by Phree Refill; 03-19-2011 at 02:53 PM.

I'd like to see him back well before the playoffs or I'm not sure I'd want to see him back at all except in a 'disaster' scenario. I'd like him to get some minutes under his belt before being thrown into the fire of the playoffs. If we make the playoffs without him (or mostly without him in the stretch run) then I'm not sure how important he'd be for us in the playoffs.

Rearranging the rotations right at the playoffs might be a monkey wrench this team doesn't need. But then some of that would depend on internal things we aren't necessarily privy to. If his stroke is there in practice and if his teammates are really pulling for him and wanting him back in the lineup and willing to accept new roles to allow for that... then my thoughts might be different.

But right now my thoughts are not to fix what isn't broken. IOW... Once the team learns to play without him I don't see him as important enough for the team to rush back into the lineup like we would've for a Reggie or even Artest.

Which would suck for Dunleavy but the team is more important than any one player... And whatever gives the team its best shot in the playoffs to at least scare the other team is what really should be the focus. ...IMHO...

...but first the Pacers need to just keep the horse in front of the cart and keep working hard and winning what they can.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope he's back soon and I really would like to see him replace Rush in the rotation as soon as possible. We can really use the passing, basketball IQ and team defense.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    Right before he was injured the guy was going off. His three point shooting had really came around and his shot off the picks was almost automatic.
    not to be a jackazz, but i really dont remember this

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    His shooting had really steadied at a pretty decent clip for the month up until he got injured.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Bench Dahntay "All about me" Jones and have Dunleavy off the bench.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd be perfectly okay with Dun coming in with the second unit. He had actually played decently right up until the injury, and the second unit could use his shooting stroke.

Never thought I'd say it but yes I want dun back. I'm tired of watching rush contribute nothing out on the court
    GO PACERS!!!

Twitter: @Circlecity3318

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CircleCity3318 View Post
    Never thought I'd say it but yes I want dun back. I'm tired of watching rush contribute NEXT TO NOTHING ON THE OFFENSIVE END out on the court
    FIXED.

Due to his overall passiveness on the offensive end, I do not think that he is completely useless....he is capable of hitting an open 3pt shot. His contribtuions are on the defensive end. No matter how much many of we do b*tch about BRush....there are times when he does contribute to what little success we have...not all the time...but some of the time.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CircleCity3318 View Post
    Never thought I'd say it but yes I want dun back. I'm tired of watching rush contribute nothing out on the court
    Agreed.

Now that we've seen that Dahntay is actually a decent offensive player (despite being a black hole), I just don't want to see Rush take the floor unless it's due to foul trouble.

In my opinion, and I'm sure some will disagree, PG is already a better defender than Rush. Dahntay is just as good at Rush, and he actually isn't afraid of the paint.

Both of those guys are just as good, if not better defenders than Rush. They're both more confident, and they actually contribute to the offense.

I sure hope Rush is gone at the end of this season. Having Dun back for at least the playoffs (if we make it) would be huge. Dun is a defensive liability, but we have Dahntay to play as our 2nd unit defensive stopper. At least Dunleavy would facilitate the offense and not just disappear on us.

The only way I want Rush back is if Dahntay is gone/Rush can play in case of injury or foul trouble.

Rush to me is the 11th or 12th guy. Nice to have around in case of foul trouble/injuries and he's not completely horrible, just mostly.

And hey, at least he can hit an open 3 pointer every now and then

Go ahead Rush lovers. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Banned

Yep we need him because he was killing it on the offensive end before he got hurt.................

8 points againts Washington, 3 points againts Detroit, 5 points againts Miami, 4 points againts Milkwaukee, 15 againts Minny, 5 againts Charlotte, 2 againts Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yep we need him because he was killing it on the offensive end before he got hurt.................

8 points againts Washington, 3 points againts Detroit, 5 points againts Miami, 4 points againts Milkwaukee, 15 againts Minny, 5 againts Charlotte, 2 againts Miami.
    Good thing points are the only thing that's important on the offensive end.

Pacers went 5-2 in those games by the way, only losses to the Heat. Of course Dunleavy is blamed for those 2 b/c he was in foul trouble and didn't see the floor much in the 1st loss, and then Wade got hot against him in the 2nd loss. 2nd one is arguable, 1st round is a bailout

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

He needs to come in for Jones, not Rush.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Agreed.

Now that we've seen that Dahntay is actually a decent offensive player (despite being a black hole), I just don't want to see Rush take the floor unless it's due to foul trouble.

In my opinion, and I'm sure some will disagree, PG is already a better defender than Rush. Dahntay is just as good at Rush, and he actually isn't afraid of the paint.

Both of those guys are just as good, if not better defenders than Rush. They're both more confident, and they actually contribute to the offense.

I sure hope Rush is gone at the end of this season. Having Dun back for at least the playoffs (if we make it) would be huge. Dun is a defensive liability, but we have Dahntay to play as our 2nd unit defensive stopper. At least Dunleavy would facilitate the offense and not just disappear on us.

The only way I want Rush back is if Dahntay is gone/Rush can play in case of injury or foul trouble.

Rush to me is the 11th or 12th guy. Nice to have around in case of foul trouble/injuries and he's not completely horrible, just mostly.

Dun can actually play his natural position of SF in the second unit with Jones playing SG. That will help his defense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post

That's because it didn't happen....

10 games before injury

FG% .395
    3PT% .317
    FT% .684
    REB 5.3
    AST 1.4
    STL 0.7
    BLK 0.8
    PPG 9.0

Pacers 5-5 in those games

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Goldfoot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Agreed.

Now that LB tried to trade Brandon unsuccessfully twice other GMs will readily understand he isn't much and we won't get anything for him in a trade.The trade that never was hurts a lot. The rush apologists are becoming fewer and fewer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post

10 games before injury

FG% .395
    3PT% .317
    FT% .684
    REB 5.3
    AST 1.4
    STL 0.7
    BLK 0.8
    PPG 9.0

So you are saying that he is not the offensive machine we need?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    So you are saying that he is not the offensive machine we need?
    Of course he isn't the offensive machine we need but he is better than some of the alternatives that you seem to prefer. But do not be sad because you can still be a Brandon fan no matter which team he is on next season.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post

10 games before injury

FG% .395
    3PT% .317
    FT% .684
    REB 5.3
    AST 1.4
    STL 0.7
    BLK 0.8
    PPG 9.0

I'm confused. Are we talking about Dunleavy here? I guess not?

Because if we are, those numbers are totally off.

Dunleavy shot .500 FG% his last ten games.

Also, .500% from the 3.

and .769 FT%....

You were looking at someone else's line, or something.

And, the Pacers went 7-3, not 5-5. That was Feb 2 to Feb 22.
    Last edited by kester99; 03-20-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

How did he break his thumb in the first place?
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    How did he break his thumb in the first place?
    his wife kicked him in the butt.