Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rest of the schedule

Default The rest of the schedule

We need to win most of the rest of our games in March to assure a playoff spot. Our schedule in April is looking pretty tough. With the exception of Boston the rest of our games in March are all easily winnable. April is different story we play 6 games and only the Bucks and Wizards have losing records.

Sat, Mar 19Memphis Grizzlies @ Memphis
    Mon, Mar 21New Jersey Nets @ New Jersey
    Wed, Mar 23Charlotte Bobcats @ Charlotte
    Fri, Mar 25Sacramento Kings vs Sacramento
    Sat, Mar 26Detroit Pistons @ Detroit
    Mon, Mar 28Boston Celtics vs Boston
    Wed, Mar 30Detroit Pistons vs Detroit

Fri, Apr 1Milwaukee Bucks vs Milwaukee
    Sun, Apr 3New Orleans Hornets @ New Orleans
    Wed, Apr 6Washington Wizards vs Washington
    Fri, Apr 8Atlanta Hawks vs Atlanta
    Sun, Apr 10New York Knicks vs New York
    Wed, Apr 13Orlando Magic @ Orlando

Default Re: The rest of the schedule

These next 3 out of 4 road games will be interesting. We definitely need to take care of Charlotte and Milwaukee, don't want to give either team a game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

saw this on http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...could-be-over/

DWill could have played his last game this season (or ever) for the Nets. From the Star-Ledger): “The Nets are well aware of the pain in Deron Williams’ right wrist, and have been trying to manage the situation and nurse him through to the end of the season. But after Williams’ wrist took another jarring blow tonight, coach Avery Johnson said the team is going to have to re-evaluate its position on his status. ‘I don’t think we can continue every game at this rate,’ Johnson said after the Nets dropped their second straight, a 110-95 decision to the Bucks at the Bradley Center.”

Nets have been playing well lately, and if Dwill is out, that definitely makes things a lot easier.

I think we need to go at least 6-7. If we get 6 more wins that would force Charlotte to go 9-5 since we have the tiebreaker. I don't think they can do that, especially if we beat them in our remaining game.

Milwaukee would have to go 9-5 also and that's if they win our remaining game and have the tie breaker.

Looking at the schedule I see us favored against both Wash. and Sac. as they are home games, and losing to Boston. I think the remaining games could go either way. Normally I would say we would lose the last game against Orlando too, but they will probably be resting their players. So if we just win 4 of the 9 toss ups we have our 6 wins.

@Memphis.........=
    @New Jersey......=
    @Charlotte.........=
    vsSacramento.....win
    @Detroit............=
    vsBoston...........loss
    vsDetroit...........=

vsMilwaukee......=
    @ New Orleans..=
    vsWashington....win
    vsAtlanta..........=
    vsNew York .......=
    @Orlando..........=

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

At least we only have two more back-to-back nights. Tonight, and then later @ Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least we only have two more back-to-back nights. Tonight, and then later @ Detroit.
    And I was thinkin Memphis was Sunday....

This isn't gonna be televised via FSN Indiana is it?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

New York and Orlando will basically have assured playoff spots by the time we get around to playing them. If we really need to win those games to secure the 8th seed we will.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post

This isn't gonna be televised via FSN Indiana is it?
    Nope.. Just remembered. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    New York and Orlando will basically have assured playoff spots by the time we get around to playing them. If we really need to win those games to secure the 8th seed we will.
    Only 4.5 games separate the 4 and 5 seeds. Only 3.5 games separate the 5-7 seeds, so with Orlando in the 4 seed and NY in the 7 seed moving up on 6th, these teams may well be jockeying for position. Orlando has gone 6-4 in March so far and plays a fairly tough schedule down the stretch, but I would say that of the group, Orlando is more likely to rest players than any other team above us.

With the Bobcats only a game back and Bucks now a game and a half, these next 4 games are HUGE!

I think they're the key on whether we're a playoff team or deserve to be a playoff team. 4 games against teams we're ahead of in the standings.

Nets without Deron Williams, and Bobcats team that without Gerald Wallace. Kings with not Tyreke Evans (though they're destroying the TWolves right now) and a Pistons team that we've struggled against and need to prove we're better than.

We need to go 4-0 in this stretch, 3-1 is acceptable if the Bobcats aren't the 1, but if this team wants to prove they belong in the playoffs, and believes in themselves like their coach believes in them, they'll take care of business this week

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    With the Bobcats only a game back and Bucks now a game and a half, these next 4 games are HUGE!

I think they're the key on whether we're a playoff team or deserve to be a playoff team. 4 games against teams we're ahead of in the standings.

Nets without Deron Williams, and Bobcats team that without Gerald Wallace. Kings with not Tyreke Evans (though they're destroying the TWolves right now) and a Pistons team that we've struggled against and need to prove we're better than.

We need to go 4-0 in this stretch, 3-1 is acceptable if the Bobcats aren't the 1, but if this team wants to prove they belong in the playoffs, and believes in themselves like their coach believes in them, they'll take care of business this week
    If we can't win 3 to 4, we don't deserve it. We'd be a playoff fraud. I think it also bears heavily on our potential off-season moves strategy. This is short-term make or break for this year's playoffs, but potentially the compostition of our roster going forward. I would go so far as to call them must-win games on multiple levels.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I actually made a mistake, both the Bobcats and Bucks are 1.5 games back. Identical records.

Pacers have 12 games to go Bobcats and Bucks have 13.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

The games against Milawaukee and the Bobcats are going to be very telling of who wants it the most. I really want us to make it in and win a few, it would go a long way in helping out the bargaining position of this team. If Granger wants more help he better explode down this stretch and in the playoffs. Can't just dog it and expect people to pick up your slack and then expect people to feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I actually made a mistake, both the Bobcats and Bucks are 1.5 games back. Identical records.
    Identical records yes, but we have the tie breaker with the Bobcats, so they have to win one more game than we do. They could beat us and if both teams won their remaining games they still finish behind us. As for the Bucks they are only one game behind us in the loss column. That means they, like us are in charge of our own destiny.

In other words, as of right now, if the Bucks beat us, they will be tied with us and they will have the #1 tiebreaker below. If we beat them, then the tie breaker goes to #2 below.

a. Two Teams Tied
    (1) Better winning percentage in games against each other.
    (2) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams are in same division). We are 7-6, Milwaukee is 5-7.
    (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.
    (4) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    (5) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    (6) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents (“point differential”).

As of right now, we have to beat the Bucks. We still have six games to play before we play them though. Things could change for the better or worse.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    The games against Milawaukee and the Bobcats are going to be very telling of who wants it the most. I really want us to make it in and win a few, it would go a long way in helping out the bargaining position of this team. If Granger wants more help he better explode down this stretch and in the playoffs. Can't just dog it and expect people to pick up your slack and then expect people to feel sorry for you.
    All 3 teams play each other one more time, so it could be very telling. We play at Charlotte and home against the Bucks. Bucks and Bobcats play in Charlotte.

We already hold the tiebreaker over the Bobcats winning the 1st 3, but need a clean sweep to keep some distance between us. Bucks have the tiebreaker on us, but a win a Conseco and we can even the series.

I'm excitement for the team and excited as a fan. It has been awhile since the Pacers were in a playoff race, I hope we can get in and have some buzz surrounding the team entering the off-season.

The off-season is also shorter for those playoff teams!

I think it's more than just slipping into the last spot. We'll feel a real sense of accomplishment if we can pick up a few more wins compared to the last few seasons. Limping into the playoffs by virtue of beating out teams playing really badly doesn't do much for me. But I think this team has potential to beat the teams it has to beat now, as well as surprise a couple of other teams before all is said and done. Of course, I've said this a couple of other times this season....

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I think we need to go at least 6-7. If we get 6 more wins that would force Charlotte to go 9-5 since we have the tiebreaker. I don't think they can do that, especially if we beat them in our remaining game.

Milwaukee would have to go 9-5 also and that's if they win our remaining game and have the tie breaker.

Looking at the schedule I see us favored against both Wash. and Sac. as they are home games, and losing to Boston. I think the remaining games could go either way. Normally I would say we would lose the last game against Orlando too, but they will probably be resting their players. So if we just win 4 of the 9 toss ups we have our 6 wins.

@Memphis.........=
    @New Jersey......=
    @Charlotte.........=
    vsSacramento.....win
    @Detroit............=
    vsBoston...........loss
    vsDetroit...........=

vsMilwaukee......=
    @ New Orleans..=
    vsWashington....win
    vsAtlanta..........=
    vsNew York .......=
    @Orlando..........=
    The Pacers are way too inconsistent. We get smoked by the Raps but then beat the Bulls...theyre too unpredictable
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Not to get cliche, but im looking at it one game at a time. Just beat new jersey.

I think 6 wins gets us in. Only way it doesn't is if we lose to the Bucks - I still; think they have the best chance of passing us. Bogut is back and they are capable of playing well and their schedule is easier than the Bobcats

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think 6 wins gets us in. Only way it doesn't is if we lose to the Bucks - I still; think they have the best chance of passing us. Bogut is back and they are capable of playing well and their schedule is easier than the Bobcats
    Bogut might be back on the court. But if you have watched him this year he is medicore because his injury. I dont think he will ever be the same again.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Actually I am wrong about who has the tougher schedule between the Cats and the Bucks.

Bobcats have some tough games
    @Boston
    @Orlando
    @Miami
    But their home schedule is pretty easy

Bucks have:
    @Orlando
    @Miami
    @OKC
    But they also have home games with the Bulls, and Sixers.

Really if the pacers don't make the playoffs they have no one to blame but themselves as they have a 1 game lead and have an easier schedule. if the pacers beat the Bobcats and the Bucks - it will probably only take 2 or 3 additonal wins to get in. The Bucks game is huge because whoever wins that will have the tie-breaker
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-21-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Actually I am wrong about who has the tougher schedule between the Cats and the Bucks.

Bobcats have some tough games
    @Boston
    @Orlando
    @Miami
    But their home schedule is pretty easy

Bucks have:
    @Orlando
    @Miami
    @OKC
    But they also have home games with the Bulls, and Sixers.

Really if the pacers don't make the playoffs they have no one to blame but themselves as they have a 1 game lead and have an easier schedule

That's true but Indiana doesn't have a cakewalk either. They still play Boston, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Orlando. They really need to win all the games vs. lesser opponents and win vs. the Bucks and Bobcats

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think they'll finish the last 12 games 7-5.

They're too unpredictable to try and guess which 7 games they'll win and which 5 they'll lose. I think they'll win 1 or 2 we don't expect (Boston, Atlanta, or Orlando) and lose 1 or 2 we wouldn't expect (Charlotte, Sacramento, Detroit).
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

@New Jersey......W
    @Charlotte.........W
    vsSacramento.....W
    @Detroit............W
    vsBoston...........L
    vsDetroit...........W

vsMilwaukee......L
    @ New Orleans..L
    vsWashington....W
    vsAtlanta..........L
    vsNew York .......L
    @Orlando..........L

this is what i expect. if we lose to charlotte we have to beat bucks.

6 wins will be enough imo and i think we might win one of the last two games.
    Last edited by xtacy; 03-21-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    That's true but Indiana doesn't have a cakewalk either. They still play Boston, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Orlando. They really need to win all the games vs. lesser opponents and win vs. the Bucks and Bobcats

Hawks are playing terrible right now and from a couple of reports/rumors over the weekend, seems like the players are starting to tune out their coach. Not sure if trading Bibby was not popular with the hawks players but they have been losing ever since and in some cases embarassing losses.

The Magic game is the very last game of the season - the last game of the season is the least predictable game of the year