Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread

Banned

Default Pacers/Bulls postgame thread

Good game by the Pacers, anytime you play a team like the Bulls with a guy like Rose it doesn't matter if you are up by 20, he is good enough to bring them back, DC made way too many mental mistakes in the last minutes, he needs to stop doing this, another good game by Hansbrough, Josh and Hibbert tonight and Foster was just amazing.

Go Pacers

Last edited by vnzla81; 03-18-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Default Re: hey

straw

edited to add:

that was dirty.. lmao

anyways

Big congrats to our guys tonight
    We totally earned this win and sent a message to the Bulls , that we wont be a pushover come playoff time ..
    Last edited by Kemo; 03-18-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread

This was probably one of the biggest victories since the brawl era. Both teams were truly giving 100%. The Bulls did not have Boozer so there is an asterisk though.

Right up there with the win in LA as the best of the season.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Not an impressive performance by Collison. Lance or trade for someone else for next year.

He's a good kid and can do some nice things offensively. But just doesn't have the court vision to be floor general.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Since I know so many Bulls fans this is doubly great

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tfarks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the officiating in the last two games is any indication, I'm praying for Miami to get the #1 seed.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Danny Granger played a great, unselfish game.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Just wanted to say I was proud of the overall leadership and composure on the team today. Hey, they might not make the playoffs, and if they do, they probably won't go far. And, yeah, I'll still get pissed at them from time to time. But there was a point in that game where a lesser team would have folded and just said "screw it" because the officiating was so one-sided and pointed toward a Bulls victory, but the Pacers fought through that temptation and didn't let it affect their composure or play. Just great leadership on the court, there. Especially Danny.

Also let's give some credit to Roy's fourth quarter defense lately. He's had clutch defensive plays in the fourth quarter of the last three or four games.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Not an impressive performance by Collison. Lance or trade for someone else for next year.

He's a good kid and can do some nice things offensively. But just doesn't have the court vision to be floor general.
    I've seen worse but Jarrett Jack was better...and I didn't care for him much either. We probably should try to reacquire Jarrett Jack somehow. Of course a better PG is preferred...but Jarrett would be a significant upgrade, particularly defensively.

Default Re: hey

This win was just poetic justice. How can you not call any of the two blatant fouls on Rose on the last play, especially after bailing him out on the other end of the court, is beyond me. I mean, I like Rose and think he's the mvp, but come on!

Well deserved win for us, Bulls had no business winning it after that last sequence.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

Give him a frigging chance! He is a second year player!

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Never thought I'm gonna say it... but
    BALL
    DONT
    LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly refs your calls cannot harm us, we're the Pacers!

Tyler is a BOSS! If he keeps this up we won't need a guy like Z.Randolph!
    George played good also... at least on defense. Foster played hard. Granger played pretty well but kinda faded after the first half. Made a huge clutch three in overtime though.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If the officiating in the last two games is any indication, I'm praying for Miami to get the #1 seed.
    If you think the officiating against these two teams was bad..wait until you see DWade and Lebron in the playoffs.

It's good though, they get to see it now. And know what's coming.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

gotta love a young team.

but even though they blew a big lead, they 'ulled it together to win in OT. don't think they could have won this game a month ago or even a week ago. thanx to new york for getting the train back on the tracks.

just an aside, did any of you guys notice lance the cheer leader on the bench again. really trying to be one of the guys. nice to see a young man trying to be a better team mate.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

I've gotta head out for the night, so here is my sole contribution to tonight's post game thread.

First of all, GOODNESS am I proud of our boys tonight!!! Playing 5 vs 8 and they straight up MADE IT HAPPEN.

Secondly, for me the most telling evidence of the fact that this game was almost single-handedly given to the Bulls by the stripes was the fact that my wife (who does not even know what a shot clock violation is) was consistently YELLING at the TV "HOW IS THAT A FOUL!?!?!?!?"

"But wait... If they called that foul on their guy to make the 3 shots to tie the game... Why didn't Danny get to make any shots to win the game when they hit him at the end?!? I don't get it"

Enough said... Goodnight all!

Let's enjoy this one.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Banned

I agree, I think he could be nice as the back up ala Aaron Brooks in Phoenix, he wouldn't have to worry to do anything else but score, I hope the Pacers go hard at Felton.

5 vs. 8 out there but this time the pacers win! It's good to send 1/4 of the united center walking out of conseco fieldhouse with the loss.
    Help us Paul George......you're our only hope

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That was a very, very satisfying win, to pull it out after the bull **** that happened at the end of the 4th.

Lesson of the Night..

If the player doesn't shoot the 3 right away, then FOUL HIM instead of letting him dribble all over the place. Personally, I'll take my chances with them making two and play defense, or making one and intentionally missing the second.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hansbrough continues to show both fire and leadership, and he provided the energy at the beginning of OT or the Bulls might have won the game.

Great win!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Collison played all that bad. He made some mental mistakes towards the end, the worst were when Tyler and Danny were fouled out so they seemed even worse. But the rest of the game he wasn't too bad at all. He had a very nice first half.

No one was gonna stop Rose tonight on defense.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Wow that was a great game, especially for sb sittin at home 3 o'clock in the morning!!!

Tyler is a beast, Foster is oldschool, George is clutch and Granger made the dagger!

After the bad officiating in regulation I really prayed we kick *** in OT...man we really did it...who would have thought we win our first OT over the Bulls tonight???

Hope they keep this **** going. They are young, so they will have another letdown (Collison had one at the end), but I love em when they play like today...I even still love DC, he will learn how to play in the clutch, it's just a thing of experience and I think he is a hard worker who hates himself the most when commiting such silly turnovers like at the end!

Keep coming guys!!!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Hansbrough continues to show both fire and leadership, and he provided the energy at the beginning of OT or the Bulls might have won the game.

Great win!
    Yep, we don't win that game without Tyler, he has become our second best player.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I agree, I think he could be nice as the back up ala Aaron Brooks in Phoenix, he wouldn't have to worry to do anything else but score, I hope the Pacers go hard at Felton.
    Times 3. We could do a lot worse than DC because he's good in transition and can handle the ball well. However, I think we've been in PG hell so long people don't know a good one from a bad one. DC filled the stat sheet so he will have his supporters, but his game is not helping to make this team more competive. If it were, inserting Price would show a significant drop-off, but they basically bring the same value to the table. Both are below average starting PG's. IOW, they are not helping this team move above .500....

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: