Thread: Raiders' Mario Henderson arrested on firearms charge

Default Raiders' Mario Henderson arrested on firearms charge

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=14271612

Oakland Raider arrested on firearms charge
    Posted: Mar 17, 2011 2:25 PM EDT
    Updated: Mar 17, 2011 5:54 PM EDT

Enlarge this picture

FORT MYERS: Lehigh Acres resident Mario Henderson was arrested after a traffic stop in downtown Fort Myers early Thursday morning, according to Fort Myers Police reports.

An officer on foot patrol in downtown Fort Myers spotted a black Impala driving north on Hendry Street playing loud music. The officer noted he could hear the music from a distance over 150-feet, a violation of a city ordinance, according to police.

Another officer spotted the vehicle and ordered the driver to pull over. The officer noted the driver wasn't wearing a seat belt and the tint on the car windows appeared to be darker than the legal limit, reports said.

When the officer spoke with the driver, Henderson, he asked if there were any weapons in the vehicle.

Henderson said there was a gun in the glove box. When he opened the glove box, the gun was not inside. The gun was actually between the driver's seat and the center console, according to reports.

A records check revealed Henderson did not have a concealed firearm permit, reports said.

The officer informed Henderson he was under arrest.

Henderson, a 6-foot 7-inch offensive tackle for the Oakland Raiders, is larger than most people. The police officer requested the Lee County Sheriff's Office's transport van to take him to the FMPD station, but it was unavailable.

The officer asked Henderson if he wanted to walk the four blocks to the station, or lay in the back seat of the patrol vehicle for the ride.

Henderson chose to lay down in the back of the patrol car.

Henderson was charged with carrying a concealed firearm and cited for failure to wear a seat belt and city ordinance violation for the loud car stereo. He was given a verbal warning for the dark tint.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Raiders' Mario Henderson arrested on firearms charge

Why don't these guys just get licenses to carry weapons? Then if you get caught with a gun you don't have to go to jail! A novel idea
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Default Re: Raiders' Mario Henderson arrested on firearms charge

I guess its not the NFL's issue anymore that people are getting arrested.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!