Thread: Fear the Deer?

Banned

Default Fear the Deer?

Charlotte has a tough road trip and it could most likely end their playoff push (even though trading GW didn't push them in too far) But what about Milwaukee?

Milwaukee has a mediocre schedule and definitely deserves a close eye. Gonna need some help around the NBA to keep them in shackles are we could very well be in a small panic for playoff contention.

Default Re: Fear the Deer?

Well, it's really bothersome that the Bucks will be having an easier schedule than the Pacers, although they are lucky that the Bobcats are having a harder schedule to buffer for some possible losses on the remaining games. Plus, should the Bucks tie with the Pacers, they are at a disadvantage because the Bucks hold the tiebreaker.

But, regardless of what happens to the Bobcats or Bucks, the Pacers must be focus and try to win as much as possible without trying to look what happens to every Bucks or Bobcats games. They just need to keep winning every game. They just need to value the remaining games. Like in a leg race, don't look back for your chasing opponents, just keep looking forward and run as fast as you can until the finish.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, it's really bothersome that the Bucks will be having an easier schedule than the Pacers, although they are lucky that the Bobcats are having a harder schedule to buffer for some possible losses on the remaining games. Plus, should the Bucks tie with the Pacers, they are at a disadvantage because the Bucks hold the tiebreaker.
    I believe if we cash them on the April 1st that evens the series correct? Then what?
    Last edited by GrangerDanger; 03-18-2011 at 05:58 AM.

I don't know if this one is still in effect, but in case of a tie in the match-up, then there are hierarchical rules that are followed to break the tie:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/7164305

The next one the winning percentage against the own division since both of them are on the same division. I don't know who's having a better record against division rivals but this is why it is important to win the next games in Chicago and Detroit.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    I don't know if this one is still in effect, but in case of a tie in the match-up, then there are hierarchical rules that are followed to break the tie:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/7164305

The next one the winning percentage against the own division since both of them are on the same division. I don't know who's having a better record against division rivals but this is why it is important to win the next games in Chicago and Detroit.
    Ah, That makes sense, I'm pretty sure I knew that but thanks for refreshing.

If they can ever stay healthy for a couple games and get in a rhythm, the Bucks are very dangerous. I still can't believe they took Orlando to OT without Bogut.

April 1st is a huge game, and this time we won't have Bender to win it for us like in '02.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel like the Bucks lost a lot of their fire power. Specifically from Jennings.

He hasn't been the true PG from last season.

They were playing as a team last season and John Salmons was playing well offensively.

They've leveled off it seems.

Banned

Bogut is playing injured right now (elbow) It will be interesting to the final record of the 8th seed. I am thinking 34 - 36 wins.

As long as the Pacers take care of their crap we don't need to worry about the Bucks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Milwaukee is bar none the biggest disappointment in the NBA this season. Whatever good chemistry they had last year is pretty much gone.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Milwaukee is bar none the biggest disappointment in the NBA this season. Whatever good chemistry they had last year is pretty much gone.
    Bogut isnt very good now he isnt the same since his arm injury he still rebs but he doesnt score anymore

Taking the Celtics five. michealwilliams4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    As long as the Pacers take care of their crap we don't need to worry about the Bucks.
    This is basically where I stand. If the Pacers can't get into the postseason, despite being the best team of any of the 8-12, that's on them. It's not about who catches them, because I don't think any of the teams behind us stand a real chance of rattling off a ton of wins to catch us if we're playing well.

In fact, the only team that seems to be able to make a push is New Jersey, and they're far enough behind that every single loss they take on is going to cripple their chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Look at their free agent signings and its pretty easy to see why. Me-first chuckers like Maggette fill up the stat sheet fairly often but they are net losses for the team itself.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Look at their free agent signings and its pretty easy to see why. Me-first chuckers like Maggette fill up the stat sheet fairly often but they are net losses for the team itself.
    I just think they tried to do too much in one offseason. Pushed too far to get a few scorers on their team and messed up what they had going on.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

If we don't play well enough to be there (playoffs), then I hope we don't make it. Simple as that, no matter what other teams do.

And since its been brought up, I hope we don't make the same mistake Milwaukee and Detroit did with free agent signings of mediocre or one dimensional (overpaid) players.
    “It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts” - John Wooden

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dlewyus For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Here's my theory on Milwaukee last season:

-Mbah A Moute and Bogut were/are a great pair of defensive bigs. Skiles squeezed all of the defense that Milwaukee could muster. Bogut isn't as lockdown defensively as he was last year and for Milwaukee, and Mbah A Moute wasn't starting for a while for Milwaukee. Instead Drew Gooden was.

-Drew Gooden and Corey Maggette are black holes and they have successfully ruined their team oriented offense and lockdown defensive style.

-Andrew Bogut was an all-star caliber center last year. This year he's just middle of the pack.

-Brandon Jennings was better last year than this year in my opinion. He was more capable of having a big night than he is this year and he's been less healthy. Not to mention that he is pretty much TJ Ford with worse shooting now.

-They had ridiculous confidence last year and now they have gone back down to earth.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    -Drew Gooden and Corey Maggette are black holes and they have successfully ruined their team oriented offense and lockdown defensive style.
    Drew Gooden hasn't played since January 21.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Drew Gooden hasn't played since January 21.
    Exactly. People are overanalyzing things. Everybody on that team has missed multiple games to injury. Their starters have missed 116 games combined, and when they're not out they've been playing hurt. The fact that they're still in the playoff hunt is stupifying.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

A team's only as good as its stars sometimes. Right now, Bogut and Jennings simply haven't been as good.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by michealwilliams4 View Post
    This is basically where I stand. If the Pacers can't get into the postseason, despite being the best team of any of the 8-12, that's on them. It's not about who catches them, because I don't think any of the teams behind us stand a real chance of rattling off a ton of wins to catch us if we're playing well.

In fact, the only team that seems to be able to make a push is New Jersey, and they're far enough behind that every single loss they take on is going to cripple their chances.
    They've leveled off since the post-trade rush and williams is out with a newborn child. Plus the bucks just beat them handily.

If the pacers take care of business there is no reason to worry about the bucks, and I don't think the bucks will make it interesting anyhow, they've regressed badly.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    They've leveled off since the post-trade rush and williams is out with a newborn child. Plus the bucks just beat them handily.

If the pacers take care of business there is no reason to worry about the bucks, and I don't think the bucks will make it interesting anyhow, they've regressed badly.
    D will is out with a wrist injury not a new born child

I fear the Pacers screwing up more than I fear a Milwaukee push.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!