Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

Kentucky is winning this championship.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kentucky is winning this championship.
    Until it is vacated in the almost inevitable NCAA investigation of Calipari.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The NCAA is the big winner in all of this. When they expanded the tournament, they wanted to be sure that the first round games weren't considered "play-in games" eventhough that's how they're referred too mostly. Well one of those "play-in" teams are in the Final Four, which strengthens the case of expansion.

I hate listening to some ESPN hack ***** and moan about how there aren't any really strong teams anymore, none that go out and handle their business and you know they're the best. Who freaking cares? I love seeing a team like VCU hand it to all the power conferences. I hate how ESPN and the only cover them, like their the only thing going on in the land of college basketball.

Great games, and upsets are what make the tournament so great. Not one really good school who rolls everyone. They try to make the argument that it's because the level of college basketball has dropped. I don't think so. I think it's the exact opposite. Winning on that level requires so much dedication, practice, and execution. It's more of a testament on how good the whole college basketball landscape is, rather than how weak the top is.

The only thing that sucks is that it will be over in a week. Then another 340 some days til we get to do it all over again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NCAA is the big winner in all of this. When they expanded the tournament, they wanted to be sure that the first round games weren't considered "play-in games" eventhough that's how they're referred too mostly. Well one of those "play-in" teams are in the Final Four, which strengthens the case of expansion.

I hate listening to some ESPN hack ***** and moan about how there aren't any really strong teams anymore, none that go out and handle their business and you know they're the best. Who freaking cares? I love seeing a team like VCU hand it to all the power conferences. I hate how ESPN and the only cover them, like their the only thing going on in the land of college basketball.

Great games, and upsets are what make the tournament so great. Not one really good school who rolls everyone. They try to make the argument that it's because the level of college basketball has dropped. I don't think so. I think it's the exact opposite. Winning on that level requires so much dedication, practice, and execution. It's more of a testament on how good the whole college basketball landscape is, rather than how weak the top is.

The only thing that sucks is that it will be over in a week. Then another 340 some days til we get to do it all over again.

I'm all for BSPN bashing as much as the next person but they do have a bit of a point. We may all want to see underdogs win it all but usually we don't want to see two underdogs play for all the marbles at the end. Which is why they are glad that Butler/VCU are playing on Saturday instead of Monday.

Sure those schools would care but from a national standpoint probably not as much. I don't think they would get high ratings.

People don't admit this but they do want to see the big dog in the end doesn't mean they want them to win necessarily.

Its like when people say that the media etc favor Duke.. its not because they like Duke its because for all of Duke's fans there are just as many detractors.

Duke/Butler got monster ratings you had the blueblood big power(Duke) vs the underdog (Butler)

I expect the same regardless because the Butler/VCU winner is the underdog to the blueblood of UConn/Kentucky