Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 79

Thread: NCAA Tournament Games

  1. #51
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,855

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A foul is a foul is a foul.

    I don't believe that, nor do I believe it should be. A foul is about a player gaining an advantage over another player by committing a foul. If you are dribbling the ball and I touch your arm, but it in no way effects your ability to dribble the ball and in no way effects what you want to do with the ball, then it should not be a foul. Just because there is contact doesn't mean it is a foul.

    I miss the way the NBA used to be called, because it was so much better back in the day when the refs were good enough to call the games like I describe.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-22-2011 at 03:49 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe that, nor do I believe it should be. A foul is about a player gaining an advantage over another player by committing a foul. If you are dribbling the ball and I touch your arm, but it in no way effects your ability to dribble the ball and in no way effects what you want to do with the ball, then it should not be a foul. Just because there is contact doesn't mean it is a foul.

    I miss the way the NBA used to be called, because it was so much better back in the day when the refs were good enough to call the games like I describe.
    I think you're wrong.

    Of course, just because there is contact, it doesn't mean it's a foul. But a foul at the beginning of the game should be a foul at the end of the game and vice versa. Refs swallowing the whistle just because there is less than a minute on the clock is about the most ridiculous and unfair thing they can do.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,679

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Listening to Reggie call the Butler game is a little trip to Hoosier heaven for me.

  6. #54
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Andrew Smith just stuffed himself, and still scored!

  7. #55
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Aww man, now he looks like he's hurt bad.

  8. #56
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Looks like it's just an ankle.

  9. #57
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,679

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Wisconsin is shockingly bad tonight. I really thought they would blow Butler out.

  10. #58
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Now Butler is trying to give it away. Frak.

  11. #59
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Frantic finish, but Butler holds on. Phew.

  12. #60
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    So in bounds plays...Butler should practice them. Otherwise if I'm Florida, I'm pressing from the tip off with all my length and athleticism.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  14. #61
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wisconsin is shockingly bad tonight. I really thought they would blow Butler out.
    People still haven't learned their lesson from last year. You just don't count out Butler, no matter what.

  15. #62
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,312
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    the Perfect Storm......

    Which came first.....Wisconsin's press or Butler slowing it down to run off time and losing their edge? I believe they lulled themselves to sleep. Going to sleep also meant they weren't coming after the ball and thus allowed themselves to get trapped in the corners. I think they may see they tapes showing that ALOT.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  17. #63
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Either way Geez, if I'm Florida, I'm pressing from the tip off tomorrow.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #64
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either way Geez, if I'm Florida, I'm pressing from the tip off tomorrow.
    Yep, even my mom was saying today that Butler's in real trouble after that.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  19. #65
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    one big east and no big ten teams make it out of the sweet sixteen...how embarrassing for both

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  21. #66
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    I don't know, this tourney has been crazy.

    Elite 8

    UConn
    Arizona
    UNC
    Kentucky
    Kansas
    Florida
    Butler
    VCU/FSU

    So 2 SEC teams and either 2 ACC teams or 2 Mid Major teams. But Wisconsin played badly until 5 minutes left to go, and Ohio State played a tight game and lost on a last second shot. Kansas's tourney to lose now.

  22. #67
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, even my mom was saying today that Butler's in real trouble after that.
    The good news is that Brad Stevens is surely well aware of it and is going to have them ready to deal with it, as well as they're capable of doing it, anyway.

    Hopefully they have at least a minimum ability to deal with it when they both expect it and have prepared for it.

  23. #68
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,679

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Butler hold their own so far, but Mack again is doing everything. Howard needs to get in his groove or I fear it won't stay this close for long.

  24. #69
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,285

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    This is a scary matchup for the Bulldogs. But the Bulldogs have seen scary matchups before and more than held their own.

    Go Dogs!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. #70
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Damn ! Talk about a great time to be a Butler student incredible!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:


  27. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    VCU's mopping the floor with Kansas in the first half.

    An 8th seed vs. an 11th seed in the semi-finals?

  28. #72
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    can you imagine poor dj byrd trying to rebound against these guys (i.e. KU frontline)? probably better that vcu knocked us out

  29. #73
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Things are really breaking Butler's way it seems.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. #74
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Love that we don't have to face the Morris twins. Love that one of either Butler or VCU is guaranteed to be in the final game. Great stuff!

    The butler bookstore is swamped with people buying crap.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:


  32. #75
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: NCAA Tournament Games

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love that one of either Butler or VCU is guaranteed to be in the final game.

Similar Threads

  1. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
  2. Summer League Video Feed Thread
    By Hall O'Point in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 898
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 06:40 AM
  3. Comprehensive look at the Pacers playoff race.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
  4. Six Teams, One Spot
    By Squirrelz in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
  5. High Scores for the Games of 2007
    By Will Galen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 01:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •