Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 210

Thread: NY/Pacers postgame thread

  1. #176
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,033
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It confirmed for me that he's hurt. There are several moves that he hasn't made since sitting out the 2nd half of a game last week with a sore knee.

    Yeah he was grabbing his neck and grimacing a lot. He got socked in the mouth by Amare at the end of the 3rd.

    Which I saw a flash back of Bogut scoring to win. Having Tyler on Amare at the end of the game was a good call by Vogel. Plus having J-Mac in there as well. JOB would have had Posey and Foster in....jk...but I am most likely have wrong.....and half kidding.

  2. #177
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,443

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly you don't get Griffin at #11 (though Kobe and Nash were available)
    Not that I disagree here, but I wish people would stop using Kobe as one of these examples. He was a very special case with his threat to not play for anyone but a big market team, otherwise he would probably have been drafted well before #10.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  4. #178
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,184

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not that I disagree here, but I wish people would stop using Kobe as one of these examples. He was a very special case with his threat to not play for anyone but a big market team, otherwise he would probably have been drafted well before #10.
    I think Kobe was projected as high as #8, but drafting high school players in the lottery wasn't a fad yet and was considered risky. Garnett was the first player drafted directly out of high school in 20 years that previous year.

    And Nash, like Paul George, came from a school with very little national recognition. And it took him a few seasons to become really good. Watching his play at Santa Clara, you probably never would've guessed he'd become a two-time MVP. I sure don't when I watch replays.

    Of course there is good talent beyond the first 10 picks. But getting it outside of 10 consistently means you're doing a damn good job of scouting. There's a chance that people will be blown away with the Pacers drafting in a few years.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  6. #179

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It confirmed for me that he's hurt. There are several moves that he hasn't made since sitting out the 2nd half of a game last week with a sore knee.
    which is another reason I love Tyler.

    The guy really stepped up his game since Josh has been hurt. It's a "showing up when the team needs you most" kind of thing.

  7. #180
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your post and excitement for your first NBA game was awesome to read. I was talking about this tonight (so not calling you out)... Hardcore Pacers fans (like a few on PD) who watch and talk about the Pacers all the time, but never or rarely go to games... I live about 25 minutes south of you so trying to figure out what can be done to get guys like you to another game! (besides lots of wins.) Balcony is like $10 & it seems like you had a good time? Like will be back again?

    I used to prefer to watch games at home, really prefer, until I started going to every game and then I couldn't stop (or save any money).
    Speaking of which , I was cracking up reading the star the other day and Wells said "a fan who identifies himself as El Pacero"

    I was like "I know that crazy mother ****er , lol

    Your blowin up kid
    Sittin on top of the world!

  8. #181
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now is a very very bad time financially for me , with me just recently becoming unemployed.. it is very hard coming by any extra money.. (if anyone needs a dependable , hard worker and knows of anything, or can get my foot in the door anyplace, plz pm me any info. or questions on my empl.skills)
    Kemo,

    PM me bro, I think I can help
    Sittin on top of the world!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  10. #182
    Taking the Celtics five. michealwilliams4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do agree with this and they left out Price.


    This is also why I think getting a top 10 pick is very overrated. Certainly you don't get Griffin at #11 (though Kobe and Nash were available) but since I started looking more closely I've been able to see lots of good value guys and I'm not a pro-scout or anything.
    I disagree with the idea a top ten pick is overrated. You can't afford to miss on it, but you spelled it out: you can't get Griffin at #11. Kobe and Nash were there, though in Kobe's case, he kind of ran that circus in wanting to go to LA.

    I had a similar discussion recently and did some research, and since the merger, only two teams have won a championship without extensive contributions from a top five pick: the '81 Celtics and '83 Sixers, and both deserve asterisks given Bird's drop to #6 due to his contract (plus it being McHale's rookie year), and I'm fairly sure Moses never made himself eligible for the NBA Draft.

    From there, only about ten teams won 60 games without a contributing top five pick, and I believe the 90's Jazz and '04 Pacers were the only ones without a contributing top ten pick. There's simply no substitution.

    I agree with the sentiment that the Pacers have drafted extremely well, because they have. They've gotten tremendous value, but the clear difference between us and Oklahoma City is that while we're drafting tremendous value, they drafted the franchise changing talent we can't. I don't mean that to blame the Pacers for how they've gone about everything, but even as the Spurs seem to be the model of deep drafting and scouting, they still wouldn't be where they are without Duncan.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michealwilliams4 For This Useful Post:


  12. #183
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Chad Ford's Twitter

    @chadfordinsider Bird & Morway underrated as drafters. Starting Granger (pick 17), Hibbert (17), Hansbrough (13), George (10). Great draft value.
    lol

    notice he left off "Rush at 13"
    Sittin on top of the world!

  13. #184
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by michealwilliams4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with the idea a top ten pick is overrated. You can't afford to miss on it, but you spelled it out: you can't get Griffin at #11. Kobe and Nash were there, though in Kobe's case, he kind of ran that circus in wanting to go to LA.

    I had a similar discussion recently and did some research, and since the merger, only two teams have won a championship without extensive contributions from a top five pick: the '81 Celtics and '83 Sixers, and both deserve asterisks given Bird's drop to #6 due to his contract (plus it being McHale's rookie year), and I'm fairly sure Moses never made himself eligible for the NBA Draft.

    From there, only about ten teams won 60 games without a contributing top five pick, and I believe the 90's Jazz and '04 Pacers were the only ones without a contributing top ten pick. There's simply no substitution.

    I agree with the sentiment that the Pacers have drafted extremely well, because they have. They've gotten tremendous value, but the clear difference between us and Oklahoma City is that while we're drafting tremendous value, they drafted the franchise changing talent we can't. I don't mean that to blame the Pacers for how they've gone about everything, but even as the Spurs seem to be the model of deep drafting and scouting, they still wouldn't be where they are without Duncan.
    Thanks for the post and research.

    So that means we either have to luck out and win the lottery or tank to get a top5 pick. Does your research include signing a top 5 pick or trading for a top 5 pick?

    For example, would acquiring a top 5 pick like Mayo count?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #185

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol

    notice he left off "Rush at 13"
    Rush certainly is talented ... as is Lance ... as were Shawne Williams and even David Harrison and James White, for that matter. I can only hope that Morway is serving as a knucklehead filter to Larry's evaluation process.

  15. #186
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Last nights game was the epitome of team work in my eyes. It was a point when the announcer said that we had 3 scorers with 20 points and I had no idea who the other two were besides Tyler.

    Also, the game winner that Danny hit is just the type of play that I believe will catapult him into "Batman" status. Consistency is all we need. Here's to beating the C's tonight and making it 4 straight vs the Bulls.

  16. #187
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol

    notice he left off "Rush at 13"

    cause he was only listing our current starters

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  18. #188
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,211

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Chad Ford's Twitter

    @chadfordinsider Bird & Morway underrated as drafters. Starting Granger (pick 17), Hibbert (17), Hansbrough (13), George (10). Great draft value.
    Thanks TheDon, gonna add this quote to my "Bird will win executive GM of the year award" thread. Bird is underrated in alot of ways on this board, im sure the so-called internet GMs here will all figure it out one day and pretend they have been on the Bird fanwagon all along.


    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't just one guy saying it. Rush has exited then been a let down repeatedly throughout his career. I finally got tired of it this season and stopped hoping he would grow out of it.

    No im pretty sure im one of the few who said it, I got blasted for stating rush has been an inconsistent (3pt) shooter his 3 years here, trader joe and some others here ripped me pretty good about it. referring to Rushs' 40% from 3 as an indicator that he is a consistent shooter.

    consistency is about more than %'s, its about trusting the shooter to hit a big shot. as ive said more than once, there are alot of other guys i would want taking a potential 3 at the buzzer other than Rush on this team (Granger, DC, AJ?, DJones-as cdash pointed out, Posey, Dunleavy). when it seems to matter most, or someone is contesting rushs attempt, he is not a reliable shooter.

    the very essense of the definition "consistent."

    Spazzxb, dont worry bout it, ive read alot of your comments on here and agree with you the majority of the time. I am referring to a thread earlier in the season.

  19. #189
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,804

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Technically our team has a number three pick. It would be interesting to see the results if you looked for contributing players who were drafted by the organization they won a title with. Detroit comes to mind. Billups was on like 5 different teams before he lead the Pistons, guess there was Darko but he didn't win them anything. Top tier talent helps, no question, but roleplayers (and busts) who were drafted to high also skew your research.

    Quote Originally Posted by michealwilliams4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with the idea a top ten pick is overrated. You can't afford to miss on it, but you spelled it out: you can't get Griffin at #11. Kobe and Nash were there, though in Kobe's case, he kind of ran that circus in wanting to go to LA.

    I had a similar discussion recently and did some research, and since the merger, only two teams have won a championship without extensive contributions from a top five pick: the '81 Celtics and '83 Sixers, and both deserve asterisks given Bird's drop to #6 due to his contract (plus it being McHale's rookie year), and I'm fairly sure Moses never made himself eligible for the NBA Draft.

    From there, only about ten teams won 60 games without a contributing top five pick, and I believe the 90's Jazz and '04 Pacers were the only ones without a contributing top ten pick. There's simply no substitution.

    I agree with the sentiment that the Pacers have drafted extremely well, because they have. They've gotten tremendous value, but the clear difference between us and Oklahoma City is that while we're drafting tremendous value, they drafted the franchise changing talent we can't. I don't mean that to blame the Pacers for how they've gone about everything, but even as the Spurs seem to be the model of deep drafting and scouting, they still wouldn't be where they are without Duncan.

  20. #190
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Technically our team has a number three pick.

    Who?

  21. #191
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,443

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who?
    Dunleavy
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  23. #192
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Talking Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really unexpected stat of the night.....Hansbrough with 3...count them...3 Rebounds.

    I really thought that he would have gotten more rebounds then that. I was just surprised that he only grabbed 3 rebounds ( yes, I have him on my fantasy Team...that's why I noticed )
    Not many rebounds and putbacks to be had when you shoot a scorching 12-17.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:


  25. #193
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,951
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Who else is totes excited to see Hans go full on at Garnett tonight? I'd be willing to bet that kevin doesn't talk much ish within Tyler's earshot. Fake toughguy vs. abnormally intense guy.

  26. #194
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who else is totes excited to see Hans go full on at Garnett tonight? I'd be willing to bet that kevin doesn't talk much ish within Tyler's earshot. Fake toughguy vs. abnormally intense guy.
    My hopes would be that Tyler smashes a one handed dunk on Garnett and yells "Efff me??? No Eff you Kevin".

    This would be in response to last season when Lester Conner asked Kevin Garnett if he would talk to our rookies (A.J. & Tyler) & big bad Kevin's response was "F*** your rookies".


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  27. #195

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My hopes would be that Tyler smashes a one handed dunk on Garnett and yells "Efff me??? No Eff you Kevin".

    This would be in response to last season when Lester Conner asked Kevin Garnett if he would talk to our rookies (A.J. & Tyler) & big bad Kevin's response was "F*** your rookies".
    I remember when Wells asked our rookies about it. AJ laughed it off. Tyler didn't comment. I don't think Hans thought it was so funny..

  28. #196

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Tyler can continue to do this the rest of the season dare I say that Danny might of found is batman..
    Tyler continues to play and grow like this, he might BE Batman, and DG can be Robin, his more suitable role

  29. #197

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    very curious to know what granger's responsibility was on the final play with .3sec left. defensively he was in no mans land. if his assignment was to protect the basket, he was late in defending the lob and if his assignment was melo, well melo was 15ft away from him wide open. just curious to know what exactly he was told to do on that defensive possession.

  30. #198
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,951
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    very curious to know what granger's responsibility was on the final play with .3sec left. defensively he was in no mans land. if his assignment was to protect the basket, he was late in defending the lob and if his assignment was melo, well melo was 15ft away from him wide open. just curious to know what exactly he was told to do on that defensive possession.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  32. #199
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,804

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackpacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler continues to play and grow like this, he might BE Batman, and DG can be Robin, his more suitable role
    Except for his limited experience, Tyler is the one guy I would think Danny would have to respect if he got on Danny for slacking off. Tyler walks the walk like no one else, and therefore has an indisputable right to expect full effort from all of his teammates.

  33. #200

    Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did you not watch the last play? melo was granger's man and danny initially followed melo but then stopped in the key like he was instructed to help defend the basket. it's a fair question considering the publicity melo is getting for complaining he wasn't passed the ball being so wide open. melo was granger's man and granger didn't defend him. by nba rule, a shot can be legally attempted with .3sec left in the game. only under .3sec does the nba deem it impossible. what part of wanting to know what granger's instructions were on the final play deserve a "rolleyes"?

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •