Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: NY/Pacers postgame thread

Thumbs up Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

Let me FIRST start off this post with a genuine THANK YOU to RobfromPacers for giving me the opportunity to have won the 2 tickets to tonights game vs. the Knicks ..

With that out of the way , I had a GREAT experience attending my first NBA game. Even though I had balcony seats (sect. 226), I still had a nice view of the action.. As a few posters on here have said in the past, "there isn't a bad seat in Conseco Fieldhouse".. and I can officially say I agree..

Now onto the game itself..

Everyone (with the exception of Rush) played great tonight as a team.
    I would have liked to seen around 10 more points from our bench (starters 100.. bench 19) , but our starters kicked a$$ and took names..

Even though P.G. only had 5 pts , 4reb, George had active hands. and was very pesky on defense while getting 3 steals and closing the game with a +18..

Tyler was just exciting as hell watching play, I had a good time cheering and rooting for him tonight..

In my humble opinion , Hans embodies EVERYTHING that IS , Indiana basketball..
    He is an exciting young player whom we are DAMN lucky to have picked in the 13th spot.. I think time will tell, that he will be considered , one of, the top picks from that draft class..

Judging from the almost 14,000 fans at the Fieldhouse tonight, I would say Tyler is a major major fan favorite.. EVERYONE was going nuts cheering for him..

I think Dahntay played perfectly in his role, and had me jumping out of my seat with a few plays he made.. Good little game from him defensively , and offensively at a few KEY moments in the game where we needed a spark.

DC played very good tonight.. 24 pts 9 assists .. Ya, he had 4 silly turnovers, but it seems to me that 90% of them come from doing something like not paying attention , and/or bouncing the ball off his foot.. Basically turnovers that you would literally EXPECT a rookie/2nd yr player (finally getting starters minutes) to have while going through growing pains learning the NBA game.. I am happy to have witnessed DC come out of his funk. Let us hope he stays consistant..

Hibbert ... I really enjoyed getting to see the big fella play in person.. He had a pretty damn good game as well. I would like to see him consistantly put up 15 and 9 with the occasional 20+ pt and 10+ reb game .. I don't think that will be at all , an unreasonable expectation out Roy .. He was huge for us defensively and during key moments of the game.. I loved seeing his confidence out on the floor tonight watching him get pumped up..

Danny , Glad to see him back to playing the way he is supposed to ..the way we all know he can play .. Nice game from DG . Especially liked the oop pass to JMac he made .. I really didn't expect that out of him..And the CLUTCH game winning shot .. made me giddy as hell jumpin out my seat at Conseco yelling at the top of my lungs "HELL YEAAAAHHH!!!" while pumping my fist in the air ..

I know I left out some of the guys , but my fingers are getting tired in this long winded post.. lmao .. so that's all I will write for the moment in this post ..

I am so glad I got to see our guys pull out a 2nd WIN against the Knicks , on back to back games against them.. It was nice seeing how good this team of ours can be.. It is good to be a Pacers fan ..

I have a theory .. I think that the 6 game losing streak where the wheels seemed to fall off, was something that every good ,talented young team has to go through in order to grow and take things to that next level..
    Also , amidst the horrible losses with us hitting rock bottom I also think that with the fighting amongst ourselves in the locker-room was absolutely needed in developing a bond amongst the team..

Thank you Indiana Pacers , for playing your hearts out , giving your fans one hell of a game and myself a very enjoyable experience tonight...
    Kemo..

Last edited by Kemo; 03-15-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    Charlie Sheen has misled everyone. It isn't tiger blood you need. It is Tyler blood.
    Awesome!

I HAVE TYLER BLOOD!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tylers dunk got #7 on SC

DG's buzzer beater got #1

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    I have a theory .. I think that the 6 game losing streak where the wheels seemed to fall off, was something that every good ,talented young team has to go through in order to grow and take things to that next level..

I think that us hitting rock bottom with fighting amongst ourselves in the locker-room was absolutely needed in developing a bond amongst the team..

Thank you Indiana Pacers , for playing your hearts out , giving your fans one hell of a game and myself a very enjoyable experience tonight...
    My guess is that Bird stepped in and finally said something that HOPEFULLY sticks with the Team. They may not listen to themselves inside the Locker Room or even to Vogel...but I think that they listen when Bird speaks or more specifically ( my guess ) when he yells at them.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post

Who is that? Tyler Krueger? All he needs is the striped sweater

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I actually think it's Nicolas Cage from Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I thought it was T(yler)-1000.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

4th row!!!!!!

I was heckling Shawne all night calling him a bum.

Great game. The defense was decent up until the 4th minute of the third Quarter.

Vogel-
    I really do not want to see AJ/Rush/Jones/McBob/Foster on the court all together that long. Too many empty possessions. The offense hurt the defense on more than one occasions. Toney Douglas tore us up and Amar'e went off on us.

PG-
    Paul George should have been on the court when Melo was looking to score. He aggravated Melo. Three times I saw PG get in Melo's space and knock him out of rhythm. You cannot let Melo move toward the bucket,even on a jump shot. And PG did this better than anyone.

Offensively I think he is frustrated. He wants to dribble drive more but the structure of the offense has him as a release valve on the PnP. When there was a quasy fast break Roy was calling for it and PG kept it frustratedly. It could be that he missed giving him the ball, but I think that PG wanted to drive it hard.

Tyler-

Defensively he is still rotating help a smidge too late. When Melo drove baseling late in the 4th, Tyler was glued to Amare. Which is not entirely bad, but George or DC would have sagged off to cut off a pass to Amare. Tyler has to have Hibber and Danny's back when they shade their man to the helpside.

He was money from outside though. And the awesome thing is a think our players are looking to set him up more on a consistent basis. Trapping the ball handler on the pick and pop was exposed when we crashed the lane from the wings. They tried to switch but that found Toney Douglas on Tyler on a few occasions. Credit this to...

DC--
    He looked in control of the offense about 80% of the time. I still would like to see him get it to Roy when he has Jared Jefferies on him. In fact Roy was miffed a few times when DC missed giving him the ball. He didn't dominate the ball too bad cause we fed the post on the low block better tonight than I expected.

When he broke Biilups ankles I was razing CB hard. The crowd was into it calling him old man. He heard that for sure cause he attacked DC successfully. DC has got to stay in front of him better. Rajon and Rose would have tore us apart tonight, all night. But since Billups is new to NYK, and he is OLD, he was not a lasting weapon. But Douglas tore up DC too. His close out is horrid. Hands at his hips and looking in dismay as the shot is in the air. He not only missed playing stable defense, he failed to box out the shooter or at least attempt to get in position for an outlet. He has to turn this around or we will get smashed the next two games.

Danny-
    I liked his game tonight. He had spurts of good defense and let his offensive game come to him instead of forcing it. He should have taken that last shot. He is still the go to guy on this team.

Roy-
    He better get a better base this summer. Jefferies was pushing him off the block. And if Mike D'Antoni would have played Turiaf more on Hans we would have lost. But Roy turned it around in the 4th except for that dumb fade away.

He protected the paint and helped very well. This aspect alone has been what is consistent to me with Roy.

Rush-
    Did he play tonight? He looked asleep. In fact when he was guarding Shawne I thought I was seeing double. Both are so docile that I thought they were asleep. He is done if he doesn't take iniative some how. And I have stuck up for him a lot. But he is only semi-noticable when he is guarding the ball handler. He played Billups well. But failed to fill the paint when his player crashed the boards.

Goon Squad-
    They need either PG or Tyler with them. They do not have the weapons to score against other benches. Jones is spotty. AJ can't do anything without a legitamate rolloer or popper. McBob just wants to set people up. And Rush is counting sheep.

Mix up the starters with the bench a little more. Not a lot. But having the bench alone our there for 5+ minutes is what is giving leads up.
    Last edited by Major Cold; 03-16-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Stupid lack of sleep reasoning,

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    -Dahntay impresses me. I trust him more behind the three point arc for spot shots than Brandon

I agree, the guy talking about Rush being inconsistent the past three seasons may be right after all

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Tylers dunk got #7 on SC

DG's buzzer beater got #1
    Also talked about Tyler's career high and his stretch of good games.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    ...With that out of the way , I had a GREAT experience attending my first NBA game
    Your post and excitement for your first NBA game was awesome to read. I was talking about this tonight (so not calling you out)... Hardcore Pacers fans (like a few on PD) who watch and talk about the Pacers all the time, but never or rarely go to games... I live about 25 minutes south of you so trying to figure out what can be done to get guys like you to another game! (besides lots of wins.) Balcony is like $10 & it seems like you had a good time? Like will be back again?

I used to prefer to watch games at home, really prefer, until I started going to every game and then I couldn't stop (or save any money).

Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    Your post and excitement for your first NBA game was awesome to read. I was talking about this tonight (so not calling you out)... Hardcore Pacers fans (like a few on PD) who watch and talk about the Pacers all the time, but never or rarely go to games... I live about 25 minutes south of you so trying to figure out what can be done to get guys like you to another game! (besides lots of wins.) Balcony is like $10 & it seems like you had a good time? Like will be back again?

I used to prefer to watch games at home, really prefer, until I started going to every game and then I couldn't stop (or save any money).

heh thanks.. and yes I most definitely plan on trying to go to more games.. for sure..

Right now is a very very bad time financially for me , with me just recently becoming unemployed.. it is very hard coming by any extra money.. (if anyone needs a dependable , hard worker and knows of anything, or can get my foot in the door anyplace, plz pm me any info. or questions on my empl.skills)

With that being said , I DO plan on trying to at least catch 1 or 2 more games live if I either luck into a couple free or cheap tix, or am able to get back on the employment horse very soon..
    Last edited by Kemo; 03-16-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Pretty much everything I feel has been said. Can't say enough about Tyler. This dude can play. Granger, damn what a way to come back from being sick. That shot was cold blooded. DC and Hibbert both played well. PG was super active on defense. 2nd unit is still adjusting to no Tyler and PG. Dunleavy will really help them I think.

Vogels rotations were perfect tonight. Dahntay Jones is a key component for this team, I hope he finishes his career here. I just love having that guy come off the bench. I really don't see how Dunleavy/Rush ever got so many minutes in front of this guy. Whenever Dahntay gets consistent minutes....he scores and always plays pesky defense and. He also has a knack for "timely" plays. As a bench player, I am not sure what more you want.

Hansbrough was pissing Amare/Carmelo off all night long, I love it. The one handed dunk was just ridiculous. Granger looked unreal, I really wish he could put forth the effort he did tonight on a regular basis...because when he plays defense he is extremely valuable. I knew that buzzer beater was in the second he created the space....and I have not generally been too high on Granger this year.

Hopefully this momentum carries into Boston, can't wait to see Hansbrough vs Garnett.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    Vogels rotations were perfect tonight. Dahntay Jones is a key component for this team, I hope he finishes his career here. I just love having that guy come off the bench. I really don't see how Dunleavy/Rush ever got so many minutes in front of this guy. Whenever Dahntay gets consistent minutes....he scores and always plays pesky defense and. He also has a knack for "timely" plays. As a bench player, I am not sure what more you want.

Hansbrough was pissing Amare/Carmelo off all night long, I love it. The one handed dunk was just ridiculous. Granger looked unreal, I really wish he could put forth the effort he did tonight on a regular basis...because when he plays defense he is extremely valuable. I knew that buzzer beater was in the second he created the space....and I have not generally been too high on Granger this year.

Hopefully this momentum carries into Boston, can't wait to see Hansbrough vs Garnett.
    I think if we keep seeing games like this from Hans, Granger will continue with the effort.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

If tyler continues to grow into a second option type player I forsee danny playing like this more often.

It's no coincidence that the last time danny played this way consistantly was early in the year, when Roy was looking like a legit 1 A option type of player.

Danny has had to carry this team to wins offensively for the last half of his career, before this year we were a significantly better team recordwise when danny scored 30 or more vs. when he didn't. Danny taking over was a good thing, and Danny wants to win.

It wasn't until hibbert fell off a cliff that danny started feeling like he had to reassert his dominance of the offensive end, except he was slumping as well...

Danny wants to win, and if his team is stepping it up on that end then he has more energy to spend busting his butt defensively due to not feeling pressured to carry us on offense.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't want Granger to take that last shot?

I'm glad he made it....but I really would have preferred to go to the hot hand ( Hibbert ) or Hansbrough ( who I hope would have gotten an "and 1" ).

Before someone says it...I'm not complaining....I just would have preferred to go with someone taking a higher percentage shot.
    I didn't mind him taking it per se, he'd shot fairly well. But the ISO? I mean two guys came over to him and hands up near his face. He busted a big time make there, but it seems like you could get a better look against that team with those foul/size issues.

Hans was shooting a solid rate on his jumpers, maybe 50% on the long stuff, and Amare was out with 5 fouls for that last possession. Maybe Vogel was scared to risk a TO, but with a tie game and that much time you could run a high PnR with DC/Hans and have Danny as the wing option where he'd basically get the same exact shot he took anyway if they had to bail out to him.

Glad he showed up as the team star again, out of nowhere seemingly.

Nice to see Dahntay continuing to fill in the way you'd like a vet specialist off the bench to do. When he's making shots while not dominating the attempts he's a pretty nice piece in the rotation.

Love the game from Hans for 3 reasons:

1) When he's hitting the long jumpers (especially the turnaround jumper) he's a major problem for teams.

2) His body check of Amare which was a foul by any non-1995 NBA standard but went uncalled and set a tone.

3) The extremely rare power dunk in serious traffic, not off a running start with guys clearing space. That felt a lot more like a true PF than a hustling, jump shooting PF.

Collison was crap for the first 6 or so minutes, and really was modest the entire first half. Then he broke the ankles on Billups and suddenly transformed into a guy we haven't seen in months. Talk about out of nowhere. The guy that's been dribbling off his own foot or driving into traffic with nowhere to go suddenly got some mojo back. My buddy and I both though the Billups play boosted DC's confidence level.

Helpful? Um, just slightly.

Hibbert was also producing more of his horrible offense to start the game, missing standard low post shots and just not in a groove. Then somewhere in the 2nd half he started making some passes, the blocks started racking up, and Amare got in foul trouble. And out of nowhere Amigo #2 also returned.

And Danny...well he appeared to show up right from the start. He was far more active in all areas. Area 55 chanted and whooped when Granger hit the floor for the loose ball (talk about rare sightings lately).

And most importanly the dude carried a MAJOR SMILE down the stretch, and I mean before that final shot went in. He looked happy, he looked like he was enjoying the team again. It was like a rebirth.

WARNING - MAYBE THIS IS JUST A KNICKS THING.
    They don't play defense and they don't have size or force. That plays right into the style of Vogel's Pacers. There are some tough games coming up that present very different challenges.

But wasn't it nice to have a night where the team cared which allowed the fans to start caring again?

PS - Tyler, Collison and Danny were the MVP guys on the night, but McBob had to be the highlight of the night on that monster oop. I love how he busts it on transition and I love that they spotted him for that pass. I was cheering and yelling before he even went up for it, you could see it coming a mile away. Beautiful.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    If tyler continues to grow into a second option type player I forsee danny playing like this more often.

It's no coincidence that the last time danny played this way consistantly was early in the year, when Roy was looking like a legit 1 A option type of player.

Danny has had to carry this team to wins offensively for the last half of his career, before this year we were a significantly better team recordwise when danny scored 30 or more vs. when he didn't. Danny taking over was a good things, and Danny wants to win.

It wasn't until hibbert fell off a cliff that danny started feeling like he had to reassert his dominance of the offensive end, except he was slumping as well...

Danny wants to win, and if his team is stepping it up on that end then he has more energy to spend busting his butt defensively due to not feeling pressured to carry us on offense.
    I completely agree. Its ****ing hard to carry a team by yourself. Not many can do it successfully. It's too much to ask Danny to do.

I think your point about Hibbert's decline going along with Danny's is spot on. I honestly didn't think of that until you posted. It makes sense. I like Danny a lot, but he's not LeBron or Kobe, he needs a good cast around him

I can actually say I'm excited for Dunleavy to return, as long as it's with the second unit.

They could certainly use him.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Mood

The team really needed the confidence booster, and the body language suggests that any off-court problems are at least temporarily resolved.

How sweet would it be to beat boston tomorrow? I'm eager to see if tylers recent play can stand up to the mighty celtics defense.

One thing that's for damn sure though,
    He won't back down an inch from garnett and his "intensity"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I didn't mind him taking it per se, he'd shot fairly well. But the ISO? I mean two guys came over to him and hands up near his face. He busted a big time make there, but it seems like you could get a better look against that team with those foul/size issues.

Hans was shooting a solid rate on his jumpers, maybe 50% on the long stuff, and Amare was out with 5 fouls for that last possession. Maybe Vogel was scared to risk a TO, but with a tie game and that much time you could run a high PnR with DC/Hans and have Danny as the wing option where he'd basically get the same exact shot he took anyway if they had to bail out to him.

Nice to see Dahntay continuing to fill in the way you'd like a vet specialist off the bench to do. When he's making shots while not dominating the attempts he's a pretty nice piece in the rotation.

1) When he's hitting the long jumpers (especially the turnaround jumper) he's a major problem for teams.

2) His body check of Amare which was a foul by any non-1995 NBA standard but went uncalled and set a tone.

3) The extremely rare power dunk in serious traffic, not off a running start with guys clearing space. That felt a lot more like a true PF than a hustling, jump shooting PF.

Collison was crap for the first 6 or so minutes, and really was modest the entire first half. Then he broke the ankles on Billups and suddenly transformed into a guy we haven't seen in months. Talk about out of nowhere. The guy that's been dribbling off his own foot or driving into traffic with nowhere to go suddenly got some mojo back. My buddy and I both though the Billups play boosted DC's confidence level.

Hibbert was also producing more of his horrible offense to start the game, missing standard low post shots and just not in a groove. Then somewhere in the 2nd half he started making some passes, the blocks started racking up, and Amare got in foul trouble. And out of nowhere Amigo #2 also returned.

And Danny...well he appeared to show up right from the start. He was far more active in all areas. Area 55 chanted and whooped when Granger hit the floor for the loose ball (talk about rare sightings lately).

And most importanly the dude carried a MAJOR SMILE down the stretch, and I mean before that final shot went in. He looked happy, he looked like he was enjoying the team again. It was like a rebirth.

They don't play defense and they don't have size or force. That plays right into the style of Vogel's Pacers. There are some tough games coming up that present very different challenges.

But wasn't it nice to have a night where the team cared which allowed the fans to start caring again?

PS - Tyler, Collison and Danny were the MVP guys on the night, but McBob had to be the highlight of the night on that monster oop. I love how he busts it on transition and I love that they spotted him for that pass. I was cheering and yelling before he even went up for it, you could see it coming a mile away. Beautiful.
    Nice post.

Darren's confidence is really tied to how well he's scoring, and we need a confident darren, he's best when he's attacking aggressively, and when he's blown by you a few times he can get his pull up jumper at will, which he is lethal at (sans the recent slump). We're going to need a Darren that can make Rose and Rondo work defensively to have a chance at the next two.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Was cracking up reading a thread from the Knicks fan boards trying to get people to chant MVP whenever Tyler went to the free throw line at MSG to try and encourage Amare to play any sort of defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

By far the best post I've seen you put on here. However, your MVP candidates for the game I agree with, but you missed a big one.

Roy Hibbert needs to be included. He may have only dropped 15, compared to 30,26 and 24, but he made some BIG baskets towards the end and some even BIGGER rebounds for this game.

HIB! HIB!

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerDanger View Post
    By far the best post I've seen you put on here. However, your MVP candidates for the game I agree with, but you missed a big one.

Roy Hibbert needs to be included. He may have only dropped 15, compared to 30,26 and 24, but he made some BIG baskets towards the end and some even BIGGER rebounds for this game.

HIB! HIB!
    HOOOO-ROY!!!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZepZach For This Useful Post:

Exciting game, but it will be quite a different one with Boston.

Their guards will eat us alive if we are not ready.