Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NY/Pacers postgame thread

Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its funny but if you look at PG's stats since he became the starter they are remarkably similar to B Rush who gets consistently slammed.

not a Rush supporter or hater though

Roy had a great game 15 pts, 12 rbs, 5 assists, 3 blocks

DC looked great as well. First time in a while I was yelling for Vogel to put DC on

Enjoy the win because I wont be surprised if we get blown out the next two games. Boston lost to the Nets last night and Chicago will murder us
    Paul George is a 21 year old rookie that's been playing wing for like 4 years. If he is still putting up the same numbers 3 years from now he'll get slammed too.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I think you are really wrong. They should have double teamed Danny when it got down to 3 seconds. Shawne is probably the best person to defend Danny 1 on 1. Danny made a juke and a step back jumper that is unguardable by anyone.
    I proably would have doubled him also but I would have put Fields on him to start out. Bring Melo or Amare or Shawne over 2 double. What puzzles me is they knew what was coming Danny wasnt gonna pass once he goes into ISO up top. Normaly teams double him him at the top of the key proably is the best option. Because he isnt looking to pass and could proably be traped.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

After a two year absence, the Danny Granger that we all know and love is back. He was the man tonight and his hustle and energy was on full display. In the post game interview he said that he wanted to match the Pacers' energy when we first beat the Knicks.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I proably would have doubled him also but I would have put Fields on him to start out. Bring Melo or Amare or Shawne over 2 double. What puzzles me is they knew what was coming Danny wasnt gonna pass once he goes into ISO up top. Normaly teams double him him at the top of the key proably is the best option. Because he isnt looking to pass and could proably be traped.
    Do teams ever defend that isolation play any different than the Knicks just did? You can live with getting beat on a contested fadeaway jumper. You don't want to get beat on a wide open shot because your help defense got too eager in a situation where it wasn't necessary. It was the right play.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Do teams ever defend that isolation play any different than the Knicks just did? You can live with getting beat on a contested fadeaway jumper. You don't want to get beat on a wide open shot because your help defense got too eager in a situation where it wasn't necessary. It was the right play.
    Yeah, I don't think it has as much to do with the Knicks not defending it right, as it does the Pacers and Granger playing it perfectly. Sure they could have done things different, but at the end of the day it most likely would have ended with the same result.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    -I think we know what DC needs. He needs a pick and pop power forward like Tyler was tonight, and like David West was last year. He really came on tonight. His shooting was good, he was driving, not making too many dumb turnovers, and was efficient all the way around. Still left a little to be desired on defense, but I'm very happy for him. He needed a game like this, his confidence has been shot.

-Dahntay impresses me. I trust him more behind the three point arc for spot shots than Brandon, and his defense pisses people off, and I love that. Brandon might play better defense, but Dahntay gets in people's heads. Plus, he's actually competent on the offensive end.

I think the biggest difference in DC was simply that he's making shots. He's a scoring PG and he wasn't scoring, so he wasn't confident at all. He was too good of a shooter to continue to do that. He had a stretch of really good games with Josh too, I think it was more the shooting slump. His assists are obviously going up..because..more than two other guys on the court can score now.

DC's got a lot of work to do. But he's a good little point guard, someone not worth quitting on over one hectic year.

As for Dahntay, I agree. He was getting a lot of crap because of what Wells said. But I do think he's a team guy (always up cheering) and he's trying to lead. (And probably the best candidate) He just probably doesn't go about it exactly the right way. But I still like him a lot.

I remember an article discussing the lockout. Danny, Dun, TJ, and Dahntay all had quotes in it. Dahntay talked about how he was trying to help the young guys figure out how to protect themselves financially in case something were to happen.

He can be a ball hog, which is scary offensively (although he chills that a bit with the starters. I however, think it's because DC is not an enabler, like AJ is. ) But the effort's always there, the cheering for the team is always there, and the intensity defensively is always there. He's a really good, although flawed, role player. I like him a lot.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-15-2011 at 09:12 PM.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Its funny but if you look at PG's stats since he became the starter they are remarkably similar to B Rush who gets consistently slammed.
    not a Rush supporter or hater though
    Don't just look at stats. PG is always in the middle of the action and as one poster said tonight Brandon doesn't even try to get open. Brandon another zero in the point column for 20 minutes. His high ppg was generated earlier in the season and certainly he has not flourished under new management. Brandon is the ONLY pacer who did not score tonight and he is the SG.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm SOOOOOOO glad we pulled this one out and didn't just give in like so many times before!!! It also helps that Milwaukee lost by a TON (like 30+ I believe) to Atlanta tonight.

I was tired and fed up with (and so was everybody else here, I know) of the uninspired play for that 6-game (or so) stretch where we looked like we were ready for our summer vacation instead of the postseason, and I'm am very glad that our guys, especially Tyler, have shown that they can compete with top-talented teams (the Knicks) here in the past 2 games. Tyler has shown that he's been a HUGE steal of the draft here recently, which I've known that he would be for a long time. Hopefully the "casual" basketball fans start to take notice of Tyler and all of his strong performances real soon. I'm excited for this team's push for the playoffs here in the next month's time as we're back to that strong play that we started with under Frank Vogel as head coach.

I'll also say that FINALLY Danny hit a game-winner, and he played real well tonight overall I have to say. Hopefully that 1-game break and a big whopping illness took the bad play out of him so that he can start being the leader of this team down the stretch run of this season as we really need him to not disappear in games anymore. I'm glad for him and the team that 1) he nailed the shot that won the game and 2) the team was able to pull out the win, especially since the lead changed after about every basket scored in the last 5 minutes or so. All in all, this team needed this--a close game that took effort to win (a TEAM effort), against a very strong team here in the East, and we got Granger/Hibbert/Collison all back on track.

PACERS WIN!! PACERS WIN!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

The thing I like about Paul George starting is he really tires to get big Roy into the right position and gets him the ball in places he knows he can score.

He has to learn where he fits in this starting unit. His shots are coming from different spots on the floor. The only difference is he is a much better rebounder and gets his shots by taking the ball to the rack.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Winner Winner... Charlie Sheen Dinner...
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Banned

-Random note: Before the game Chris and Quinn said that Dunleavy might return sooner than expected from his injury

That was a fun game to watch.

My eyes got wide and my jaw hit the floor when Tyler threw down that tomahawk. Probably the best dunk I have seen from him. Hope he continues to dunk with one hand.

He was never really in rebounding position tonight due to guarding Williams out on the perimeter. Looked like he was content to watch for a long rebound which isnt a bad thing I dont think.

Those buckets late by Hibbert were huge.. 15 / 12 is a great game.

DG played really well too.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEM For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Starting our 5 best players really improved the team chemistry.

Plus we still has a strong bench who work well with each other. I felt like Josh and Jeff worked very well with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Starting our 5 best players really improved the team chemistry.

Plus we still has a strong bench who work well with each other. I felt like Josh and Jeff worked very well with each other.
    Those offensive rebounds between them and to get amar'e 3rd foul was pretty big by them.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Really nice game. I was one that thought Granger shouldn't take the last shot. I was like the coach screaming at a player for taking a shot and when it goes in they say great shot. Granger would have been nailed to the barn door had he missed the shot, but I'm really glad he was the one that hit the winning shot.

As I said in the last post game thread, don't get too high on the win. It's great to win 2 in a row, but Boston and Chicago are the next 2 games with Chicago playing really well.

An all around congrats to the team for this win!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    Sorry I just don't see Hibbert as being physically strong enough to impose his will on an end of the game situation. They are going to double him hard as soon as he touches the ball and it's going to result in a less than quality shot. Wouldn't have minded seeing Tyler set up with a shot from the top of the key, he's just so money from there. But seeing him barrel into the paint for a game winner, like I said in my other post, I just see the refs not giving him a call if that is what you are going to rely on.
    Hibbert scored at least twice on the "Queen of NY" at the end of the game. Given the tied score with 7 seconds left....I would have thought that it would have been better to attack the basket, attempt to score and/or get some FTAs out of it. To me, I'd rather count on Hibbert and Hansbrough scoring down low cuz they have a better chance at drawing a Foul.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Vogel clowned on Ty in the press conference

"im gonna kill Tyler, he only had 3 rebounds
    See....I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Hibbert scored at least twice on the "Queen of NY" at the end of the game. Given the tied score with 7 seconds left....I would have thought that it would have been better to attack the basket, attempt to score and/or get some FTAs out of it. To me, I'd rather count on Hibbert and Hansbrough scoring down low cuz they have a better chance at drawing a Foul.
    Yeah, he certainly was handling Amare nicely. But when there is only 7 seconds on the clock and you dump it straight into him they are going to come hard with the double and then what?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Also, it's obvious that we've found our starters..and they have good chemistry.

But the second unit is a bit..uh...hard. Perhaps they just need some time to gell. But AJ, Dahntay, Rush, Foster, and Josh..are approximately 2 scoring threats. (Dahntay..1/2 AJ when him and his shot feel like scoring that day..and 1/2 Josh when he's collecting garbage points)

I think we need to mix them up and not play them as much as a unit (either have Granger in for Rush or Hans in for Josh). Vogel did that a bit, but those five guys stayed in way too long together. We can easily play all 10, but just..not as whole units like before. But that unit is going to get beat, consistently. Just not enough offense. Of course if Dun gets back, that'll help.
    This.

If we want offense...I can live with AJ at the point, BRush or Inferno at the SG spot, Dunleavy at the SF spot, McBob and Foster in the 2nd unit.

Dunleavy is simply surrounded with far better defenders and athletic lineup.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

@Hoya2aPacer
    Roy Hibbert
    Want 2 apologize 2 the fans of indy. I fell prey 2 being tired n took a turn around jumper late n the fourth. Bad shot. Had em on the ropes.
    16 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

History beckons. Jared Sullinger's Avatar

Hansbrough's now at .462 shooting on the season. It went up a whole percentage point after tonight's game.

Hansbrough, in the month of March:

Games: 9
    MPG: 32
    PPG :20.3
    RPG: 7.1
    FG%: .519

That's 23 & 8, per-36.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    Yeah, he certainly was handling Amare nicely. But when there is only 7 seconds on the clock and you dump it straight into him they are going to come hard with the double and then what?
    I don't know...maybe ?

I guess when it comes to a Granger jumpshot......there was a 50/50 chance that his jumpshot would have made it in or not. I'm just not too confident with Granger's jumpshot at the end of games since he's not very good at creating for himself while going "one on one" against any Team.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    @Hoya2aPacer
    Roy Hibbert
    Want 2 apologize 2 the fans of indy. I fell prey 2 being tired n took a turn around jumper late n the fourth. Bad shot. Had em on the ropes.
    16 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply
    Can someone with a Twitter account tweet him back saying that he shouldn't have to apologize for that?

Us Pacer fans can forgive mistakes like this when the Team as a whole is playing well and not fighting amongst themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Ya I've never seen a PF go for 30 points with only 3 rebounds thats kind of strange.
    Granted Brook Lopez is a center but he had i think those same exact numbers against the pacers earlier this year, also Paul did a great job shuttiing down billups late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Can someone with a Twitter account tweet him back saying that he shouldn't have to apologize for that?

Us Pacer fans can forgive mistakes like this when the Team as a whole is playing well and not fighting amongst themselves.
    Hah, I was going to say.. it's ok as long as it never happens again...