Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NY/Pacers postgame thread

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NY/Pacers postgame thread

Great game, as always I love it when they give me reason to yell.

We keep playing like THIS, and we'll make the 8th spot for sure. But if we start playing like teenagers again....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Its funny but if you look at PG's stats since he became the starter they are remarkably similar to B Rush who gets consistently slammed.

not a Rush supporter or hater though

Roy had a great game 15 pts, 12 rbs, 5 assists, 3 blocks

DC looked great as well. First time in a while I was yelling for Vogel to put DC on

Enjoy the win because I wont be surprised if we get blown out the next two games. Boston lost to the Nets last night and Chicago will murder us
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now..hopefully we'll keep it close against Boston..really..I just want to see Hans destroy KG (I can dream, right?)
    If Tyler does what he has been doing recently against the Celtics then I am ready to call him the real deal.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Hans doesn't rebound he makes shots :P

edit: Also, someone mentioned it..but I thought PG had a really quiet but really good/defensively active game. He almost stole the ball quite a bit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

MarvelousMarvin

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Its funny but if you look at PG's stats since he became the starter they are remarkably similar to B Rush who gets consistently slammed.

Roy had a great game 15 pts, 12 rbs, 5 assists, 3 blocks

DC looked great as well. First time in a while I was yelling for Vogel to put DC on

Enjoy the win because I wont be surprised if we get blown out the next two games. Boston lost to the Nets last night and Chicago will murder us
    Roy's buckets at the end of the game were soooo huge.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Shawne Williams, starting Center, NY Knicks...............it's a funny world.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    Shabazz where did you find that Hans pic? That reeks of new twitter avatar material.
    Shabazz has posted about the picture before and what it means....I'll let him explain the picture better...it's a good story about Hansbrough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Google.

I've seen it before.
    What is this "Google" and why haven't I heard of it?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Mood

If we didnt turn the ball over so much we would have won by 20. We really got to clean that up if we want to play well when Danny or Tyler or Dc or Roy have a off night. If we could cut our TO's from 18 to around 12 that would go a long way in a playoff push

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    If Tyler can continue to do this the rest of the season dare I say that Danny might of found is batman..
    Robin?

At one point Danny's best Robin was Travis Diener, but thank God we've gotten him some better pieces.

He definitely looked like Batman tonight for the first time all season.

He made that clutch shot like that sweet shot in Phoenix 2 years ago.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

I'm glad we lost the lead and had to fight.

The young guys succeeded in beating a really good team in a close game tonight. They made smart plays, clutch shots and got defensive stops.

Danny, DC, and Roy REALLY stepped up. And that's important for this team. And they did it against a really good team.

Now..hopefully we'll keep it close against Boston..really..I just want to see Hans destroy KG (I can dream, right?)
    Thats a stretch, though

Knicks not very consistent right now, but we did beat them twice though

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You must have missed the 2nd part of that post.

I wasn't complaining....with the game on the line like that....I just preferred that we take a higher percentage shot ( as in anything Hibbert or Hansbrough would have taken ) then a midrange jumpshot....which I suspected Granger would take.
    Sorry I just don't see Hibbert as being physically strong enough to impose his will on an end of the game situation. They are going to double him hard as soon as he touches the ball and it's going to result in a less than quality shot. Wouldn't have minded seeing Tyler set up with a shot from the top of the key, he's just so money from there. But seeing him barrel into the paint for a game winner, like I said in my other post, I just see the refs not giving him a call if that is what you are going to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    The Knicks played that last play poorly. They should have had Landry Fields guarding Danny. But they used Shawne Williams
    I think you are really wrong. They should have double teamed Danny when it got down to 3 seconds. Shawne is probably the best person to defend Danny 1 on 1. Danny made a juke and a step back jumper that is unguardable by anyone.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Thats a stretch, though

Knicks not very consistent right now, but we did beat them twice though
    They've got "closers" in Billups, Melo, and Amare. We supposedly don't have any.

LOL @ Vogel and Tyler's rebounding
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

edit: Also, someone mentioned it..but I thought PG had a really quiet but really good/defensively active game. He almost stole the ball quite a bit.
    You simply forget about BRush on the offensive end cuz he's so quiet or he doesn't really do anything that allows him to stand out.

I am at the point where I am okay with playing BRush next to or even behind Inferno in the SG/SF rotation with PG starting and playing next to Granger. I'd have no problem with BRush splitting time with Inferno behind Granger and PG for the rest of the season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Taking the Celtics five. michealwilliams4's Avatar

Sure glad we benched DC and Danny. It really showed tonight.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to michealwilliams4 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Ya I've never seen a PF go for 30 points with only 3 rebounds thats kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    Shabazz where did you find that Hans pic? That reeks of new twitter avatar material.

It was in a Sports Illustrated article a couple years ago. Roy Williams keeps that picture on his desk as a reminder of just how lucky he was to coach that "big rascal."

I think it really embodies the nature of Tyler Hansbrough. He's got this big grin on his face because his team won that game. That's all he cares about. Not stats, not fame, not individual awards, and not how many cheap shots he takes... he just wants his team to win.

I can promise you he feels exactly that way as a Pacer. All he cares about is getting the win.
    Last edited by Shabazz; 03-15-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Vogel clowned on Ty in the press conference

"im gonna kill Tyler, he only had 3 rebounds

33. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Also, it's obvious that we've found our starters..and they have good chemistry.

But the second unit is a bit..uh...hard. Perhaps they just need some time to gell. But AJ, Dahntay, Rush, Foster, and Josh..are approximately 2 scoring threats. (Dahntay..1/2 AJ when him and his shot feel like scoring that day..and 1/2 Josh when he's collecting garbage points)

I think we need to mix them up and not play them as much as a unit (either have Granger in for Rush or Hans in for Josh). Vogel did that a bit, but those five guys stayed in way too long together. We can easily play all 10, but just..not as whole units like before. But that unit is going to get beat, consistently. Just not enough offense. Of course if Dun gets back, that'll help.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-15-2011 at 09:01 PM.

My favorite game of the season tonight. My immediate reaction:

-I think we know what DC needs. He needs a pick and pop power forward like Tyler was tonight, and like David West was last year. He really came on tonight. His shooting was good, he was driving, not making too many dumb turnovers, and was efficient all the way around. Still left a little to be desired on defense, but I'm very happy for him. He needed a game like this, his confidence has been shot.

-Roy came on at the end really strong. I loved seeing that. Amare cannot guard Roy, and Roy knew it. He's still a little indecisive and his tendency to walk with the ball is aggravating, but these are all very correctable things.

-Danny came out ready to roll tonight. He played like he cared. Drove to the hole, hustled, generally played decent defense, especially help defense. Of course he knocked down the game winner when I (and apparently I wasn't alone) said that I didn't want to see him take it. Great for his confidence, and even greater for the team's confidence in him.

-Tyler was a monster yet again. His critics will point to his only having 3 rebounds, but he got a lot of Foster-esque rebounds where he tipped them to other people and kept balls alive. You know, hustle plays. From now on I will recognize in watching college players that giving 100% effort at all times is absolutely a skill, and a great one. It translates.

-Dahntay impresses me. I trust him more behind the three point arc for spot shots than Brandon, and his defense pisses people off, and I love that. Brandon might play better defense, but Dahntay gets in people's heads. Plus, he's actually competent on the offensive end.

-Random note: Before the game Chris and Quinn said that Dunleavy might return sooner than expected from his injury. I think that will be all she wrote for Brandon Rush in the rotation. I hope he gets back before the playoffs so we can decide to utilize him best with the starters or the second unit (which now needs some offense).

-We match up well with the Knicks. I'm sure the New York media is going to flip their **** over losing to us twice in a row, but we really match up favorably with them. They can't stop our inside guys and Granger usually plays Carmelo well. Billups doesn't have the type of quick beat-you-off-the-dribble game that terrorizes our point guards. Our bruising power forward draws tons of fouls, which can get Amare in trouble if Amare is guarding him, and can blast Shawne Williams if he is guarding him.

-Whatever seems to have been wrong last week appears to be over, or at least the brunt of it is. Thank God.
    Last edited by cdash; 03-15-2011 at 09:02 PM.

36. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Helluva win! Kudos to Danny on closing the game....not used to seeing that from him EVER!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

That isn't all that surprising, and was the biggest reason that many of us didn't want George to be starting, especially if Tyler is starting. With the starters he is the 4th or 5th option the majority of time he is on the court. If he was the back-up he would be a scoring threat off the bench, and would normally be the 2nd option on the court. Honestly tonight the only difference between the two on offense is George hit his shots and Rush didn't, otherwise they were nearly identical with how they played.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    The Knicks played that last play poorly. They should have had Landry Fields guarding Danny. But they used Shawne Williams
    No, they didn't. You really want to put a rookie who loses 3 inches on Danny Granger at the end of the game? Shawne Williams is taller, familiar with Granger, and has no trouble guarding him. It was the right move. It doesn't really matter, the type of shot Granger took is impossible to defend. You know it's coming, but it's a tough shot and if they hit it they hit it. Fields wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference.

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: