Danny Granger 3 yr, 39.10M
    Dahntay Jones 2 yr, 5.60M

Total Salary: $44.70M 2011-12 Salary: $14.72M

IND gets:

Chris Kaman 1 yr, 12.70M
    Eric Bledsoe 3 yr, 5.93M
    Al-Farouq Aminu 3 yr, 9.45M

Total Salary: $28.08M 2011-12 Salary: $17.05

This trade would be done after the season, but before the draft.

LAC Roster

PG- Williams, Foye
    SG- Gordon, Warren
    SF- Granger, Jones
    PF- Griffin, Gomes
    C - Jordan, Cook

Clearly this would hurt their depth, but depth is much easier to attain than higher end talent. If Granger's tenure in Indy is over, this is a solid trade for the Clippers, so that they can fill in their SF spot with a better veteran with range. We know what Granger can do, and I think he fits nicely between Griffin and Gordon. They will need to wait a little while if they are relying on Aminu and Bledsoe. I don't know if Donald Sterling will open up his pocket book a little bit for this move. I don't think he would be dumb enough to not put talent around Griffin at this point. Griffin is his long-term income potential.

IND Roster

PG- Collison, Price, Bledsoe
    SG- Rush, Stephenson
    SF- George, Aminu, Posey
    PF- Hansborough, (McRoberts)
    C- Hibbert, Kaman

Clearly this deal adds more long-term potential and depth than anything. I know Bird liked Aminu in the draft. We become a touch heavy at PG, but I like the open competition to see who is our best option. Bledsoe is the most athletic of the three and the best defensively, but does lack height. Aminu brings a ton of athleticism. His versatility to play SF and some spot minutes at the four would allow us to get George and he on the floor at the same time. The biggest addition is the significant upgrade of the roster's athleticism. Kaman is a very good center. He is fundamentally solid, can score, rebounds well, and understands the game well. Kaman is expiring, but would be a great addition to the front court. I don't know if he and Hibbert could play at the same time, however which could be the biggest downfall to this trade. He would be a decent trade piece as well.

I would expect a follow up deal to this trade to relieve us of a PG or two. With Posey and Kaman coming off the books in time for the crop of 2012 free agents, they may be much more useful as expirings than ours were this year. There were no real free agent targets to increase their value higher. I think this trade is dependent on the value of Aminu and Bledsoe to our front office.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: LAC

Bledsoe would be back up next year at worst and proablly the starter kids got game but makes a lot of the same rookie mistakes.

and Aminu would start at the 3 also and George at the SG

I actually like this deal (for us anyway). If you can turn DG into Bledsoe, Aminu and Kaman (with an expiring contract) without surrendering a draft pick then I say go for the gold.

Granger for backups, no way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kaman was an all star last year and the other 2 are very good prospects this would proablly be the best deal we could do.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Good trade, I would do this. I'd throw in a 2nd too, if asked.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    But for how long would they be backups?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    But for how long would they be backups?
    not very Bledsoe has a lot of upside and would already be the best defensive pg on the roster by a wide margin. I dont like Aminu much because his body language but the kid has skill.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    not very Bledsoe has a lot of upside and would already be the best defensive pg on the roster by a wide margin. I dont like Aminu much because his body language but the kid has skill.
    I would prefer a sign and trade package that included Jordan and Bledsoe straight up for Granger after the new CBA, where both teams are under the cap.

I like Aminu's athleticism, which we are in dire need of, but we get more athletic with Bledsoe and Jordan, which at this point, I don't think anybody can say that we have enough talent. In quality or quantity.

Also, I loved Bledsoe in the draft last year. I thought Jordan was great value where he was projected due to his upside. The risk was negligible for a player with his size and athleticism.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    I would prefer a sign and trade package that included Jordan and Bledsoe straight up for Granger after the new CBA, where both teams are under the cap.

I like Aminu's athleticism, which we are in dire need of, but we get more athletic with Bledsoe and Jordan, which at this point, I don't think anybody can say that we have enough talent. In quality or quantity.
    Bledsoe is scary atletic. I remember early this season he went up and blocked Lebron it was amazing the one on Chalmers truly shows how atletic he is.

I dont see the Clipps trading Jordan he is such a good fit with Blake. Kaman would go before Deandre unless someone offers Deandre an absurd contract this off season.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Bledsoe is scary atletic. I remember early this season he went up and blocked Lebron it was amazing the one on Chalmers truly shows how atletic he is.

I dont see the Clipps trading Jordan he is such a good fit with Blake. Kaman would go before Deandre unless someone offers Deandre an absurd contract this off season.

That is why in my intial trade proposal I used Aminu and Kaman instead of Jordan, because I think the likelihood is that they keep Jordan over Kaman. In that deal, sending us Kaman is salary reduction in order to re-sign Jordan. I think Kaman is the better player right now, but the upside is clearly in Jordan's corner. Plus, I think he is a more marketable player to the LA market.

Kaman is a country boy anyway and would probably prefer living in Indy over LA. He may be the only one in the NBA that could say that, though.