Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 137

Thread: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Note to self: If I ever want to **** Seth off, bring up Tyler Hansbrough

    Seth could have written a short book with his posts tonight on the subject.
    or Gerald Henderson

  2. #102
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see a big difference between cautious optimism, as quoted above, and Seth's approach. Seth busts into every thread that contains even cautious praise for Tyler with a 45 minute powerpoint presentation that brings up everything from his college statistical decline from his sophomore -junior year to assists-per-fga stats or fg% with favorable games removed. Then he rams Josh into the conversation with more weird stats and ridiculous superlatives.

    I endorse the former, and clearly have an unhealthy distaste for the latter.

    WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS HYPERBOLE. Please do not write 500 words on how there has never been a powerpoint presentation.
    The length has nothing to do with it, and certainly isn't specific to Tyler discussions. That's a Naptown thing in general, both positive and negative. I like to be thorough and researched when making a point. Often when I go to dig up stats on a point I find out they don't support it. At that point I STFU and don't make the post.

    But I'm not a fan of quick, unfounded sniping. It's never going to be my style.



    And CDash, this is what I mean. I guess to you guys it looks like a big long angry rant, but I'm just a detail oriented freak who digs into most serious discussion topics this way. Tonight I've posted about Tyler and Henderson, and Henderson only because Judicata brought it up.

    Don't worry, my time off window is about to slam shut again. And honestly I think if I did make PPT presentations they'd be more popular. Pix, colors and motion are more palatable than 500 word rants full of stats.



    And once again - I like Tyler, I'm rooting for Tyler, I love seeing Tyler hitting that turn around jumper.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 03-14-2011 at 12:21 AM.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    You spend so much time fighting tooth and nail against the inequities of "people who love Tyler more than statistics and objective analysis warrant" for me to take you seriously on this subject.

    I suppose an observant person would point out that I spend too much time fighting tooth and nail against the inequities of "people who spend too much time fighting tooth and nail against the inequities of people who love Tyler more than statistics and objective analysis warrant."

    But let me be perfectly clear: I think you are wrong and biased. You do not celebrate Tyler. He has grown, and you have begrudgingly acknowledged as much. But you are constantly marginalizing his performances and quick to find whatever weakness in his game that you can. You spend more time trying to cement his ceiling than commenting on ways he can grow.


    But we both know that the well of reasons to dismiss the kid is going dry. He's fg% is up. He's playing against starters. He's put more moves into his arsenal. His defense is getting better. His passing, at least tonight, seems more responsive. You were right before, and you might even be right now. But if he keeps improving, you're going to be dead wrong.

  4. #104
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think what it comes down to is that, usually, if the subject is Tyler Hansbrough, you guys are the ones to come in and either be negative, critical, or otherwise attempt to lower someone's high on the guy.

    Yet when the subject is Josh McRoberts, I rarely ever see you guys be as equally negative or critical, and, in fact, usually you only focus on what you like about him.

    Other than generically saying you like them both, I can't recall specifically what you even like about Tyler Hansbrough (I do with Seth, but not you or Brush), whereas I know what you love about Josh McRoberts.

    Conversely, I'm not sure what your issues or concerns with Josh are, yet I know all about your issues and concerns with Tyler. And I certainly know which ones you beat like a drum in comparison to the other.

    Not claiming you've never made exceptions to these 'rules', but if you have, I either didn't see them, or I've forgotten them.
    Who is being over the top positive of Josh for me to knock back down to earth? That's the problem. Plus my expectations of Josh aren't as a 16 ppg scorer so usually I'm pretty satisfied with him. I'm not knocking Tyler as a backup PF at all, and my only big issue is the quality/volume of his shots. Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with where his game is, and when he's hitting shots like tonight he's terrific and I look forward to him being out there.


    But typically if Tyler is doing "holy crap how great is this guy" stuff then certainly Josh is too.

    The closest thing to "Josh love" we've ever had was all the PD guys joking around at summer league with the legend of Josh stuff, the wiki modifications and emails to Dante/Galante during the Orlando webcast.

    And frankly Tyler has had it easier in terms of respect than Josh has. Josh was a low pick, no minutes in Portland, no minutes under JOB the first 2 years, had to watch Bird draft another PF and watch JOB play that PF 20 minutes a night until he got injured while giving Josh a slew of DNPs.

    Tyler had to fight for minutes kinda a bit after coming back from his inner ear/PostConc issue.

    Tyler came in with a huge fanbase, most Pacers fans didn't even know who the heck Josh was after the Portland trade - except for all the IU fans that hated him for going to Duke. Wee, some fanbase. I was one of those that didn't know who he was even.



    If Tyler was a 35th pick and most of PD was saying he should be traded and wasn't worth playing you damn sure better believe you'd be seeing page long rants about how Tyler needs respect.

    But that's not the situation. The situation is that a 6'9" undersized PF is being called a "beast", and that's by the head coach. The PD fanbase eats that up in full agreement.



    Mackey and I are happy but leery of reading too much into this. I mean Collison with 8 assists, so it's only a matter of time before he's an all-star PG right? History is being made and all that.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  6. #105

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    I don't think Seth is saying that something similar to what I was saying about Lance and DC. Which was, 1..you guys are over hyping, and 2..stop putting down DC to hype him up.

    I don't think people are putting down Josh as much as they were previously, to hype up Tyler. But...quite frankly..I think it's still there a bit.

  7. #106
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    become a huge hansbro fan after seeing him play in 29 games last season, and knew of who he was at UNC but didnt watch all his games in fact im not a UNC fan so i didnt care.

    this much i know, and ive played a helluva lot ball in my day.

    Hansbrough is the kinda player you want on your team, and friggin hate to go up against unless you really enjoy the challenge. he will scrap and claw for every second of the game.

    but i like McRob, he needs to add muscle, and forget 500 3's, work on the mid range game. would not surprise me at all to see McRob become a solid first big of the bench at the 4/5 position for a number of teams. he needs to add muscle.

    im a fan of both players, but i think hansbroughs ceiling is higher, but not by much if mcrob gets in the weight room and works on his mid range game. mcrob can post a little as well, needs more strentgh but he can get up.

    intersting looking back at this draft. Hansbrough has a solid chance of becoming the second best PF of this class.

    http://www.nba.com/draft2009/

  8. #107
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But we both know that the well of reasons to dismiss the kid is going dry. He's fg% is up. He's playing against starters. He's put more moves into his arsenal. His defense is getting better. His passing, at least tonight, seems more responsive. You were right before, and you might even be right now. But if he keeps improving, you're going to be dead wrong.
    Except that by your own admission I DO acknowledge his improvement, so how dead wrong can I be?

    I will have been dead wrong in my draft night/early rookie predictions for his NBA success. I have no problem admitting that even.

    But can we at least wait till we get to that point before I actually have to admit it? Or do I need to bring up a boatload of big scoring/rebounding nights from DeJuan Blair to really put this Tyler run in perspective. It's not like he hasn't had a couple of 20/10 nights this season you know.

    Hey, Blair went 18/12 and then 28/11 the next game, he shot 14/21 in that 2nd game. A bit earlier in the season he had back to back games of 22/11 and 18/13. So clearly if Tyler is on his way to all-star status then Blair is too.

    It cuts both ways. I haven't been in here saying the Pacers still blew it between trading down and getting Blair for cheap vs taking Tyler high (or maybe drafting Jrue AND Blair). But according to the reaction to Tyler's recent games it sounds like I would be justified to do just that.


    How about instead we recognize that 20/10 is obtainable by young players, and that while it's great to see how Tyler has played lately it is a very small window.

    I said Tyler's 2nd half vs Philly was one of the best bits of basketball for the Pacers ALL SEASON after that game.
    Still not enough for you.

    There is just no way I'm the one that's unreasonable.

  9. #108
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or do I need to bring up a boatload of big scoring/rebounding nights from DeJuan Blair to really put this Tyler run in perspective. It's not like he hasn't had a couple of 20/10 nights this season you know.

    Hey, Blair went 18/12 and then 28/11 the next game, he shot 14/21 in that 2nd game. A bit earlier in the season he had back to back games of 22/11 and 18/13. So clearly if Tyler is on his way to all-star status then Blair is too.

    It cuts both ways. I haven't been in here saying the Pacers still blew it between trading down and getting Blair for cheap vs taking Tyler high (or maybe drafting Jrue AND Blair). But according to the reaction to Tyler's recent games it sounds like I would be justified to do just that.
    i find your comments fair. im certainly not going to declare him an allstar but i have went on record as saying he can become a carlos boozer clone, but that is 3-5 years from now.

    right now, many doubted hansbrough would be able to make it in the nba, because as you pointed out, hansbrough is undersized (reason i compare his ceiling to boozer), and not as athletic as nba players.

    to put it briefly, hansbrough is looking more like a quality starting PF in this league, when many of the "experts" would have said quality bench player.

    still a long ways to go, but the kid can play, and might turn out to be a david west/ maybe even carlos boozer veteran.

    the issue with blair was the injury concerns. he was a lottery talent. how he fell to the 2nd round is uncomprehendable. if hindsight were 20/20 i think Bird woulda taken Holliday or Lawson, knowing Blair would be available at the end of the first. Blair was a player Bird had in here for predraft camp.

    it also helps significantly blair is playing for a well run organization like SA.. with 2 HOF players and a couple allstars and a great coach.

    same with rondo, had we drafted him he may not be viewed as a top 5 pg around the league so overwhelmingly.

  10. #109
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    become a huge hansbro fan after seeing him play in 29 games last season, and knew of who he was at UNC but didnt watch all his games in fact im not a UNC fan so i didnt care.

    this much i know, and ive played a helluva lot ball in my day.

    Hansbrough is the kinda player you want on your team, and friggin hate to go up against unless you really enjoy the challenge. he will scrap and claw for every second of the game.

    but i like McRob, he needs to add muscle, and forget 500 3's, work on the mid range game. would not surprise me at all to see McRob become a solid first big of the bench at the 4/5 position for a number of teams. he needs to add muscle.

    im a fan of both players, but i think hansbroughs ceiling is higher, but not by much if mcrob gets in the weight room and works on his mid range game. mcrob can post a little as well, needs more strentgh but he can get up.

    intersting looking back at this draft. Hansbrough has a solid chance of becoming the second best PF of this class.

    http://www.nba.com/draft2009/
    I don't think he needs the muscle actually.

    What he needs is to learn to use his speed and handles to develop a mid to inside scoring game. He's shown he can initiate drives to the rim, but he's not great at finishing his own dribble. He's shown with practice that he can get the 3 going so he can have that mid-range game, but he hasn't been able to turn that into a major weapon either.

    But to me his game looks a lot like Rush, it looks like he usually chooses to move the ball to a more primary scoring option. He's far more willing to return the ball and then set the ball screen than he is to take the long jumper.

    When he does take long jumpers it looks more like a Foster special in the "must keep them honest" reluctant shot than a Tyler/Danny/Paul/DJ/Price manner of "I can't wait to shoot this".


    Where he's been at his best is as the entry pass guy for Roy, but with Roy struggling this is lost. Josh doesn't have the back down low post offense to threaten with either, he wants to slip backdoor for the oop or a pass in the lane instead.

    He's got the handles, if he could add a Bosh like jumper and show enough control to drive to the rim he'd be a lethal offensive power with the passing he already has. He doesn't need muscle for that.

    What he needs is a summer off where the coach isn't making him shoot 500 threes just so he can get on the court.


    I believe what this game showed is that we DO have a team of TALENTED players, and when their heads are in the game they are talented enough to be a legit playoff team competing for the 4-6 seeds.
    Totally agree Eleazar, I mentioned something along those lines before the Tyler subplot erupted.

    I felt very confident about them when they went to LA for that Laker game because at the time JOB seemed focused on the low post game of Roy and lots of Josh PT instead of Posey. Then that twisted away and the team lost ground. Ditto with Vogel and then we saw them emotionally implode.

    You don't need to blow it up at all, you just need this development period which includes EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT, they are finding out now how much they can be their own worst enemy.

    Sure you will still tweek and hopefully can add one more pretty big piece to the puzzle, but this isn't the junk team they pretended to be the last few weeks.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  12. #110
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is being over the top positive of Josh for me to knock back down to earth? That's the problem.
    Who said it was your job, or anyone else's for that matter, to knock anyone back down to earth? That's the problem.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  14. #111
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Really we beat the knicks tonight. Hopefully, we can come out with the same intensity on Tuesday.

    i like DJones on Melo. if Danny doesnt start playing D then start DJones and George.

    At least DJones will play defense, and Paul was having a good game offensively until he had foul trouble.

    Good Win for the Blue & Gold tonight

    lets see if it continues on Tuesday.

  15. #112
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And CDash, this is what I mean. I guess to you guys it looks like a big long angry rant, but I'm just a detail oriented freak who digs into most serious discussion topics this way. Tonight I've posted about Tyler and Henderson, and Henderson only because Judicata brought it up.

    Don't worry, my time off window is about to slam shut again. And honestly I think if I did make PPT presentations they'd be more popular. Pix, colors and motion are more palatable than 500 word rants full of stats.
    .
    Yeah, I know you are incapable of short, succinct posts . I wasn't being critical, just making a lame attempt at humor.

  16. #113

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    aaaaaaannnnnnnd cue all the Granger trade threads.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to thefeistyone For This Useful Post:


  18. #114
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think what it comes down to is that, usually, if the subject is Tyler Hansbrough, you guys are the ones to come in and either be negative, critical, or otherwise attempt to lower someone's high on the guy.

    Yet when the subject is Josh McRoberts, I rarely ever see you guys be as equally negative or critical, and, in fact, usually you only focus on what you like about him.

    Other than generically saying you like them both, I can't recall specifically what you even like about Tyler Hansbrough (I do with Seth, but not you or Brush), whereas I know what you love about Josh McRoberts.

    Conversely, I'm not sure what your issues or concerns with Josh are, yet I know all about your issues and concerns with Tyler. And I certainly know which ones you beat like a drum in comparison to the other.

    Not claiming you've never made exceptions to these 'rules', but if you have, I either didn't see them, or I've forgotten them.
    Perhaps you've missed them, but I've posted this kind of stuff a few times. The opportunity is not there as often as with Tyler, because after Josh has a good game, we don't get multiple threads extolling the sure-fire future success of him.

    Since you asked, here are my issues with Josh:

    He doesn't show any desire to score. He has the ability, he doesn't have the mindset. He seems to get more personal pleasure out of making a good pass to a cutting teammate for a bucket than he does for getting his own. With his skills as a ball handler, combined with his athleticism he should be able to beat his man from the perimeter almost at will. It seems like he does it when he tries, he just doesn't try to.

    I don't think he has a great natural instincts as a rebounder. Several people have commented on here that "he doesn't box out." I don't think that's the problem, because I see him try to do it pretty consistently. I think the problem is that he doesn't start trying to get position early enough. He usually waits until the shot goes up, and when matched up against the good, experienced rebounders around the league, I think they are able to recognize the situation faster.

    Those are my major complaints. I don't expect, or even want him to be a 20-10 type of guy. That isn't his game, but I do think if he was given an extended opportunity with starter-type minutes that several games of 12-8-5-2-1 wouldn't be out of the question.

    Here is what I like about Tyler:

    He plays with extreme effort. Always. He never slows down, and he energizes the entire team with his play. Opponents don't like it, and if he can maintain that kind of effort for 82 games, it is invaluable.

    He wants to be the man. I think the only way he knows how to play is as a number 1 scoring option. While I personally don't like that he rarely ever even considers passing, when his shot is falling, he is an extremely effective scorer. When his shot isn't falling, I think he hurts more than he helps, but the last few games his shot has been falling.

    Tyler is a scorer, Josh is a more complete well-rounded player. The complete player just happens to be the kind of player I tend to appreciate more.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  20. #115

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Why are you still comparing Josh and Tyler?

    Maybe thats why you're gonna see pro-Tyler threads all the time.

    There is no comparison. One is better than the other. Sorry.

    I'am not even a fan of Tyler, but it should be pretty clear by now.

  21. #116
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    In three years let's revisit this topic and see where both are at when you have a few years of meaningful data for comparison instead of one year of pseudo starter stats to compare. It's really quite pointless.

    If you could put Tyler's motor in Josh's chassis, Good God!!!
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  22. #117
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also worry about Danny's self-image coming off a Team USA stint. Having high quality teammates might have lowered his tolerance for average or below average teammates.
    Could this be viewed the other way. Danny was the low quality teammate on Team USA, and maybe he got used to it.

    I wonder if he has a problem with Tyler (or feels intimidated by him?) I've only been watching on TV but he does seem to yell at him a lot. I said this before, but Danny has some issues getting through screens (lack of effort?) and then he takes it on on Tyler for the help defense.
    Danger Zone

  23. #118

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but 16 and 8 for DC tonight. Good sign, no?

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DieHard For This Useful Post:


  25. #119
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    I'm a bit surprised at what I percieve as an anti-Tyler sentiment on here (yes, I know, you're just being realistic...)

    Both Tyler and PG are basically rookies, but if George had been averaging about 20 a game over the last couple weeks people on here would be heralding him as the next great superstar. Hell, people were doing that when he first got 10 points in a game.

    Look, Tyler's play as late is what it is. Very good. I don't see why we need to be projecting his next bad shooting night or denigrating him based on what might happen in the next game.

    He's playing with effort, he's a rookie, and his play has been getting both on offense and defense as he's got more experience. That's plenty to be excited about.

    And I don't see why there has to be a negative Hans and McRoberts debate (I mean you can debate them, but I like them both and I want them both on my team.) PF is not really our problem.
    Danger Zone

  26. #120

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    essentially his first season. He has started just 16 games now, yet there are people calling him a future legend, all-star, MVP, and savior.

    It's always that way with fans. It will NEVER change. The Allstar label has been put on Roy, DC, Tyler, PG and STEPHENSON by PD posters this season. Over zealous fans have a habit of seeing what they want to see in their players... Allstars.

    Numerous fans thought Harrington coming back to play with JO was the savior the Pacers needed. WE all know how that worked out!!

  27. #121
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who said it was your job, or anyone else's for that matter, to knock anyone back down to earth? That's the problem.
    Hey, hey, hey. We're the Reins of PD, we are. Shouting "Whoa" at Over-The-Top Pronouncements Since 2003.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  28. #122

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    or Gerald Henderson

    PST... I defend GH as well. He's not the terrible pick that has no future in the NBA as SOME suggest. If he was wearing the Blue n Gold, he'd be an up and coming young player, but since he isn't, he's nothing.

    He's being given a chance to play now with Brown gone, and now with Wallace traded. Jackson is now playing SF which gives Henderson the opportunity to start at SG, and with the stats he's put up since all this has taken place it shows Brown held back his progress. Then Brown never was much of a play the rookies type coach. It's how Jimmy held back McBob and Tylers progress, but Henderson's development couldn't have been held back by Brown. Brown didn't play Henderson = Henderson is nothing.

    Or is it that Seth liked him, so that means Henderson isn't much?

  29. #123

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Hicks is dead on. Of course we are looking at Tyler with blinded optimism. The dude broke alot of MJs scoring records at UNC, and dominated his senior year as the best player in the country, and maybe one of the best seasons/careers ever by a college player. I don't know how he fell to us, but he already is outplaying several players drafted before him.

    So far since starting, he is at 22 and 8, and instead of not having the lateral quickness, or elevation that some claim, I see essentially a rookie who is growing into a monster. He is getting way up there in the sky, and his post defense/lateral quickness in the post is already the best on the team.

    I'm a huge McRoberts supporter as well. I think we have found our tandem for the foreseeable future. All we need is a really physical center to split time with Hibbert. I don't see why it is always about one or the other. Tyler has clearly proven he deserves to be the starter, but that doesn't mean the McRoberts/Hansbrough line-up isn't great at some points in the game. McBob is a guy who can play center. I also don't get why he has completely abandoned his 3pt shot. It was a valuable tool that he developed. He's passed up alot of wide open threes.

    Of course I don't want Josh going back to chucking threes, but I thought it was a nice skill he developed. When is he going to drain a couple, or will Josh never shoot another 3 again?

  30. #124
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks is dead on. Of course we are looking at Tyler with blinded optimism. The dude broke alot of MJs scoring records at UNC, and dominated his senior year as the best player in the country, and maybe one of the best seasons/careers ever by a college player. I don't know how he fell to us

  31. #125

    Default Re: Pacers/Knicks postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks is dead on. Of course we are looking at Tyler with blinded optimism. The dude broke alot of MJs scoring records at UNC, and dominated his senior year as the best player in the country, and maybe one of the best seasons/careers ever by a college player. I don't know how he fell to us, but he already is outplaying several players drafted before him.

    So far since starting, he is at 22 and 8, and instead of not having the lateral quickness, or elevation that some claim, I see essentially a rookie who is growing into a monster. He is getting way up there in the sky, and his post defense/lateral quickness in the post is already the best on the team.

    I'm a huge McRoberts supporter as well. I think we have found our tandem for the foreseeable future. All we need is a really physical center to split time with Hibbert. I don't see why it is always about one or the other. Tyler has clearly proven he deserves to be the starter, but that doesn't mean the McRoberts/Hansbrough line-up isn't great at some points in the game. McBob is a guy who can play center. I also don't get why he has completely abandoned his 3pt shot. It was a valuable tool that he developed. He's passed up alot of wide open threes.

    Of course I don't want Josh going back to chucking threes, but I thought it was a nice skill he developed. When is he going to drain a couple, or will Josh never shoot another 3 again?
    Actually, Tyler broke Phil Ford's scoring record at UNC. Jordan is the school's 12th leading scorer, and never averaged more than 20 ppg in a season. Just an FYI.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •